Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New (temporary) practice facility
We got turf!

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Pretty cool the progress they have made already. It could help this season before the weather gets too bad...simply avoiding wet practices would be nice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 01:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We got turf!

(08-25-2022, 11:02 AM)pally Wrote:

Yeah I saw this on the front page in the tweet section. Looking good. Rock On
Reply/Quote
[Image: IMG-2082.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
They painted the stripes on the end zones today

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 02:15 AM)pally Wrote: They painted the stripes on the end zones today

I LOVE that they’re not half-assing it and that we’re putting that much effort into it, even though it’s only our practice field, and a temporary one at that!
Reply/Quote
Doesn't appear to be much "run off" space if they throw a deep pass to the end zone or sideline, hope they pad the heck out of the sides so players don't get hurt.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 02:15 AM)pally Wrote: They painted the stripes on the end zones today

This was at 6pm last night.

[Image: IMG-2085.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Seems like a lot of work for a temp facility. Underground utilities vault and other things. Are we sure this is only the temporary site?
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 09:26 AM)corpjet Wrote: Doesn't appear to be much "run off" space if they throw a deep pass to the end zone or sideline, hope they pad the heck out of the sides so players don't get hurt.

Was thinking the same thing. Would have to have padding all around it on the walls...
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: dont see many people building on the river these days.

Is Cincinnati starting their own “Streaming” service?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 09:26 AM)corpjet Wrote: Doesn't appear to be much "run off" space if they throw a deep pass to the end zone or sideline, hope they pad the heck out of the sides so players don't get hurt.

I'm guessing the way the team will use the space they don't need significant run-off room. Mostly just to get them some time for reps and walk throughs out of the elements. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they continue to use the stadium regularly throughout the season unless the weather is really bad.

(08-27-2022, 02:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Seems like a lot of work for a temp facility. Underground utilities vault and other things. Are we sure this is only the temporary site?

It would have to be usable for at least a few years. If the team decides to build a full facility somewhere, that will be quite the project and take some time. This still looks very temporary to me, but the kind of temporary that could be 5 years, meaning it has to have enough infrastructure in place to last at least that long. They may also decide to keep this even if they build a permanent facility somewhere because of the proximity to the stadium.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:28 PM)pally Wrote:
That sure looks nice to me. With the backdrop and all
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 11:38 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'm guessing the way the team will use the space they don't need significant run-off room.  Mostly just to get them some time for reps and walk throughs out of the elements.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if they continue to use the stadium regularly throughout the season unless the weather is really bad.

It would have to be usable for at least a few years.  If the team decides to build a full facility somewhere, that will be quite the project and take some time.  This still looks very temporary to me, but the kind of temporary that could be 5 years, meaning it has to have enough infrastructure in place to last at least that long.  They may also decide to keep this even if they build a permanent facility somewhere because of the proximity to the stadium.

Nice posts MileHighGrowler, this could all be true and honestly just makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 11:38 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'm guessing the way the team will use the space they don't need significant run-off room.  Mostly just to get them some time for reps and walk throughs out of the elements.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if they continue to use the stadium regularly throughout the season unless the weather is really bad.

It would have to be usable for at least a few years.  If the team decides to build a full facility somewhere, that will be quite the project and take some time.  This still looks very temporary to me, but the kind of temporary that could be 5 years, meaning it has to have enough infrastructure in place to last at least that long.  They may also decide to keep this even if they build a permanent facility somewhere because of the proximity to the stadium.

It looks like 12 of 15 feet which is the NFL minimum to the wall from the endline depending on when the stadium was built.  There is more room at the end than the Bearcats' bubble which is where they've gone in the past.

[Image: kc8za97soerkrteu2pcv.jpg]

https://www.bengals.com/photos/bengals-practice-at-uc-14286351#75f73e73-52ec-4017-8818-842f29ed36d1

The last plan I saw was for the permanent facility to be on the Hilltop property directly across Mehring from PBS.  They just have to wait for Hilltop to move out.  It could be anything from relocating the same bubble to a full-blown multi-use development.  It probably depends on how much sponsorship this season attracts.   The Bengals keep throwing in "or elsewhere" but I think that's purely bait for sponsors and bargaining leverage to make sure the county stays cooperative.  They've always wanted to be down there.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 11:33 PM)Roland Wrote: It looks like 12 of 15 feet which is the NFL minimum to the wall from the endline depending on when the stadium was built.  There is more room at the end than the Bearcats' bubble which is where they've gone in the past.

https://www.bengals.com/photos/bengals-practice-at-uc-14286351#75f73e73-52ec-4017-8818-842f29ed36d1

The last plan I saw was for the permanent facility to be on the Hilltop property directly across Mehring from PBS.  They just have to wait for Hilltop to move out.  It could be anything from relocating the same bubble to a full-blown multi-use development.  It probably depends on how much sponsorship this season attracts.   The Bengals keep throwing in "or elsewhere" but I think that's purely bait for sponsors and bargaining leverage to make sure the county stays cooperative.  They've always wanted to be down there.

Kettering Health is sponsoring the temporary practice bubble. Hilltop is finishing up the purchase of their new location. The hope is that will close quickly and allow them to start construction on their new site by next spring. So hopefully they will move out by the end 2023. With luck, they have a permanent structure in time for OTAs 2025

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 11:33 PM)Roland Wrote: It looks like 12 of 15 feet which is the NFL minimum to the wall from the endline depending on when the stadium was built.  There is more room at the end than the Bearcats' bubble which is where they've gone in the past.

(09-02-2022, 02:11 AM)pally Wrote: Kettering Health is sponsoring the temporary practice bubble.  Hilltop is finishing up the purchase of their new location.  The hope is that will close quickly and allow them to start construction on their new site by next spring.  So hopefully they will move out by the end 2023.  With luck, they have a permanent structure in time for OTAs 2025

Looks pretty sweet. Let's win a SuperBowl so we have tons of sponsors eh?
Reply/Quote
According to Caroline Blackburn today, the practice bubble is on schedule to open in November

Reply/Quote