Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New uniform hints
Please get rid of the White panels. Please!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 05:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No offense man, but you do realize that 20-6-1 is absolutely REALLY good, right?

Last year the Bengals wore their orange jersey ONCE. Week 15 against the 11-2 Steelers. W. Scientifically proven.

Enjoy your losing in non-orange jerseys.

Rolleyes
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 05:36 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I actually find this really fascinating and it's entirely possible there's a psychological element to it.  I would think that refreshing the whole lineup of uniforms would reset any psychological advantage one uni had over another.  

I've said before that NFL players are adults, they're professionals, things shouldn't throw them off.  But some athletes are highly superstitious.  In Mile High stadium, there are references all over the visiting locker and hallways about the elevation and how it can impact your health.  The carpet is "busy" in the visitors locker room.  There are just little things all over the place meant to throw off the players in little ways.  If any of that actually works, it's highly probable that uniforms could just as easily trigger something subconsciously.   

Not one player in that locker rooms knows the teams record when wearing certain jerseys. I can guarantee you that. 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 03:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not one player in that locker rooms knows the teams record when wearing certain jerseys. I can guarantee you that. 

Personally I don't think it makes any difference, but I am not going to comment on what the players think.

I have been absolutely shocked at how superstitious grow men can be when it comes to playing professional sports.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 03:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not one player in that locker rooms knows the teams record when wearing certain jerseys. I can guarantee you that. 

I'm not convinced in any way it's a factor.  But I also wouldn't completely rule it out, athletes sometimes putting weight on things that would seem weird to either you or me.  Either way, uni refresh across the board and it's no longer a conversation to have.  
Reply/Quote
Elizabeth in her article gave a tease...she hinted that she hopes fans are ready for a "clean" look.

I'm all for that.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 05:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Elizabeth in her article gave a tease...she hinted that she hopes fans are ready for a "clean" look.

I'm all for that.

Honestly, you just give me these and I'd be happy. I'd ideally want the late 90's throwbacks, but I'd accept these.
[Image: usa_today_11035798.0.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 05:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Honestly, you just give me these and I'd be happy. I'd ideally want the late 90's throwbacks, but I'd accept these.
[Image: usa_today_11035798.0.jpg]

Throw the leaping tiger on the shoulders and we're set.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Hint from the the latest from Elizabeth Blackburn.  I certainly like what I'm hearing from them. But show me.

https://www.bengals.com/news/chapter-2-the-vision-high-standards-connection-and-enduring-legacy

Quote:First, in case you have not heard, we are getting new uniforms. I know many of you have asked for these for quite some time. It's a long process working with NIKE and the NFL and, like I said above, we have high standards. We want this next iteration of our jersey to become as beloved, iconic and timeless as our helmet. We'll be publishing a LOT of great content around the launch of our new uniforms later this spring. I will leave you with this tease to say that I hope you're excited for a clean look.

Clean is good.  I like clean.  Maybe color versions inspired by the color rush uniforms?
Reply/Quote
I know a lot of people want a revisit of the 90's uniforms. My beef with those are the thin 'orange band with thick black stripes' design on the shoulders and down the leg. I'd much rather prefer the 'thick orange band with thin black stripes' of the 80's.

The leaping tiger is way better than the floating tiger head and 'B' logo, but I would have the leaper below the collar and not on the shoulder.

My ideal design would be a 'thick orange band with thin black stripes' that started at the inner band, but encompassed the entire shoulder. Then have the same going down the leg exactly how it was in the 80's. have the leaping tiger below the collar (if it's included at all), with full black socks at home and orange away.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 03:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Personally I don't think it makes any difference, but I am not going to comment on what the players think.

I have been absolutely shocked at how superstitious grow men can be when it comes to playing professional sports.

I recall hearing the Bucs chose to wear white for the SB because Brady had a winning record in SBs in NE when wearing the white jersey. 

So yeah it's a thing. 
Reply/Quote
Just get rid of the NIKE insignia. Hopefully they go with Adidas next. Why? Just because it'll be nice to get out of the nike/reebok carousel.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 01:12 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I have one word that would probably answer most of the mystery around the outstanding record in the orange jerseys.

Cleveland

Yeah, we owned them for a long time until the last 3 years. I am sure a lot of those wins came against the Stains.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 03:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, we owned them for a long time until the last 3 years. I am sure a lot of those wins came against the Stains.

They definitely did. I’m not sure of the exact Win-Loss record against the Browns while wearing orange, but I feel like the Bengals wore orange at home against the Browns just about every year until Zac took over (he seems to prefer wearing the color rush twice over the orange).
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Last I knew they had a really good record in the orange jersey.

Found it. According to an article from 2017, they were 19-6-1 in the orange jersey, and they won the game the article was written for, so they were 20-6-1 in the orange jersey after Week 5 of 2017.

Give me orange jersey (minus the panels) for Home and the color rush scheme as the Road (with a temporary decal cover to make the helmet black/white as well) and we're fine.

Bengals with orange jersey and black pants are either undefeated or very close to it. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 10:33 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Bengals with orange jersey and black pants are either undefeated or very close to it. 

I think the only loss in orange on black was that 2018 shit show blowout against the Saints. It wasn’t a complete loss, though. It did get Teryl Austin fired
Reply/Quote
All I will say is it's about damn time. These tri-colored jerseys were pitiful. If the team is bringing back the original striped uniform that's wonderful. Adding the leaping tiger to the sleeves would be a nice addition as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 11:30 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think the only loss in orange on black was that 2018 shit show blowout against the Saints. It wasn’t a complete loss, though. It did get Teryl Austin fired

That loss was so bad it should count as 5 losses.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
What's the infatuation with the leaping tiger?

I'm not sure if that rendering even makes it on the fridge !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 03:51 PM)jason Wrote: That loss was so bad it should count as 5 losses.

Agreed... to make matters worse it was a nationally televised game. Yet another patented Marvin Lewis primetime meltdown Whatever

I remember them cutting away to a different game during... I want to say the third quarter? Might have been halftime, I really don’t know. I repressed most of that day
Reply/Quote