Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New uniform hints
(02-26-2021, 11:30 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think the only loss in orange on black was that 2018 shit show blowout against the Saints. It wasn’t a complete loss, though. It did get Teryl Austin fired

(02-26-2021, 03:51 PM)jason Wrote: That loss was so bad it should count as 5 losses.

(02-26-2021, 04:27 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yet another patented Marvin Lewis primetime meltdown Whatever

It was not "prime time", but it was a historically bad performance.

Saints had zero punts and zero turnovers.  They had ten possessions.  Scored the first 9 times and were in FG range when they ran out the clock to end the game.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 01:34 PM)Bigcatfan Wrote: All I will say is it's about damn time. These tri-colored jerseys were pitiful. If the team is bringing back the original striped uniform that's wonderful. Adding the leaping tiger to the sleeves would be a nice addition as well.

OT: How many football teams are you a fan of?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 04:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It was not "prime time", but it was a historically bad performance.

Saints had zero punts and zero turnovers.  They had ten possessions.  Scored the first 9 times and were in FG range when they ran out the clock to end the game.

Primetime, nationally televised, whatever. Typical nationwide meltdown
Reply/Quote
I love the idea of a cleaner look, and the practice uni's someone posted would be fine by me. The only thing I dont like about them is the stripe down the leg curling in over the knee. I just like clean and simple.

And stuff like this can make a difference for the players mentality. Tampa Bay before and after their uni change is good evidence of that. Of course they used to have the cheesiest uniforms ever, but still, when they changed them they were never the laughing stock of the NFL again and they have been a better team ever since.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 03:30 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Primetime, nationally televised, whatever. Typical nationwide meltdown

I don't even think it was nationally televised. I watched that game at a bar (full of Browns fans) with my buddy up in Columbus. We were there because it wasn't on local TV. I think Cleveland was playing Atlanta that day, and Nick Chubb was just going off. So that was happening in the background of the asswhippin' the Bengals were taking. Didn't AJ Green try and come back to play for that game, and immediately reinjure himself too? I don't remember... 2018 - 2019 is just one big blue of shit to me. 2020 was a blur of shit with a new QB on top of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 12:04 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I love the idea of a cleaner look, and the practice uni's someone posted would be fine by me. The only thing I dont like about them is the stripe down the leg curling in over the knee. I just like clean and simple.

And stuff like this can make a difference for the players mentality. Tampa Bay before and after their uni change is good evidence of that. Of course they used to have the cheesiest uniforms ever, but still, when they changed them they were never the laughing stock of the NFL again and they have been a better team ever since.

Tampa Bay's colors may have been bad (I'm seeing a trend here of orange being involved), but their old pirate logo beats the hell outta their lil cartoon pirate flags and ships now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 12:11 PM)jason Wrote: Tampa Bay's colors may have been bad (I'm seeing a trend here of orange being involved), but their old pirate logo beats the hell outta their lil cartoon pirate flags and ships now.

It was definitely the colors and not the logo for TB. The orange they used back then was hideous lol. Orange is definitely a tough one. I dont like Texas U but their burnt orange is a pretty good choice of color tone imo. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 12:08 PM)jason Wrote: I don't even think it was nationally televised. I watched that game at a bar (full of Browns fans) with my buddy up in Columbus. We were there because it wasn't on local TV. I think Cleveland was playing Atlanta that day, and Nick Chubb was just going off. So that was happening in the background of the asswhippin' the Bengals were taking. Didn't AJ Green try and come back to play for that game, and immediately reinjure himself too? I don't remember... 2018 - 2019 is just one big blue of shit to me. 2020 was a blur of shit with a new QB on top of it.

I live in Upstate New York. That game was definitely nationally televised. It was one of the very few weeks I didn’t have to go to the only sports bar in town with Directv package to watch. I believe it was even the FOX game of the week. I even remember my friends in Texas texting me all game giving me shit Whatever

Regardless, one of the worst games I’ve ever endured as a Bengal fan. But it didn’t sour me on the orange on black uniform combo. Still my personal favorite of the now-old uniforms
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 12:24 PM)bengaloo Wrote: It was definitely the colors and not the logo for TB. The orange they used back then was hideous lol. Orange is definitely a tough one. I dont like Texas U but their burnt orange is a pretty good choice of color tone imo. 

Yep. The buccaneers were the original “creamsicles”. The fact that they lost so much in those uniforms somehow made them even uglier
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 12:26 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I live in Upstate New York. That game was definitely nationally televised. It was one of the very few weeks I didn’t have to go to the only sports bar in town with Directv package to watch. I believe it was even the FOX game of the week. I even remember my friends in Texas texting me all game giving me shit Whatever

Regardless, one of the worst games I’ve ever endured as a Bengal fan. But it didn’t sour me on the orange on black uniform combo. Still my personal favorite of the now-old uniforms

Maybe we went to the bar to get away from kids ... Haha.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 12:26 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I live in Upstate New York.  That game was definitely nationally televised. It was one of the very few weeks I didn’t have to go to the only sports bar in town with Directv package to watch. I believe it was even the FOX game of the week. I even remember my friends in Texas texting me all game giving me shit Whatever

Wasn't a national game (thank God).

I had to go to the local sports bar and I left after I ate.  Couldn't bear to watch much of that one.
Reply/Quote
Okay the leaping tiger crew...

Doesn't the head look like it was an afterthought to the body?

[Image: th?id=OIP.czDzXVB6Vki437Mb4WR0lQHaEw&pid...=263&h=170]

They just don't match up to my eyes.

Separately it's okay I guess.

[Image: th?id=OIP.oEDc0LswI-EAM6PNIMlCLgHaHo&pid...=300&h=300]

They definitely could get a better rendering for both.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 08:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Wasn't a national game (thank God).

I had to go to the local sports bar and I left after I ate.  Couldn't bear to watch much of that one.

Huh... must have just been a regional thing up here. Somehow it had the FOX slot. But I distinctly remember they went to another game before the 4th quarter. I had never been more relieved. I remember hoping to God that would be Marvin’s last game. Turns out it was only Teryl’s.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 08:46 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Okay the leaping tiger crew...

Huh... I never noticed how they head and body never really synched up. Now it’s all I can see. Thanks LOL

Well either way, I still like it better than the “B”
Reply/Quote

Yeah agreed. The leaping tiger looks really off because the rest of the body is oriented toward the ground at a 45 degree angle, while the head is more parallel to the ground. I think a closed mouth and a proper orientation of the head aligned with the rest of the body would make the tiger actually look more fearsome like it's actually leaping at something (the thing the paws are oriented towards). Also, the head is turned to the side like this is a diva tiger (posing for the camera), which just makes it look cartoonish.

The tiger head by itself also would be better if it was facing directly on to the viewer, instead of looking sideways.
Reply/Quote
If I remember correctly, the Bengals in 1981 got new uniforms and went to the Superbowl. They were 6-10 the year before. So it is possible to go from being bad to the Superbowl, and maybe the uniforms gave them a little something extra.

As a side note, they were 4-11 the year before they went to the second Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but I actually love the Tampa creamsicle uniforms and the helmets that went with them. The uniforms that replaced them are much more ugly in my view. But again, I might be one of the few with this view.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 12:16 AM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but I actually love the Tampa creamsicle uniforms and the helmets that went with them. The uniforms that replaced them are much more ugly in my view. But again, I might be one of the few with this view.

Upon looking up the history of "Buccaneers".

They were really hunters who sold smoked meats to the Corsairs who were the actual pirates of the region.

Kind of funny that jerky dealers are given the ominous label.

Manatee being one of the meats they prepared. Shocked
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Yes... It's an awful logo. Bad design aside it just screams 1990s. It's just too cartoonish for me.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 01:15 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Please get rid of the White panels.  Please!

I am one of the few that really like the white panels. 
Reply/Quote