Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New uniform hints
I apologize in advance for this, but I am simply awful using these smart phones when it comes to posting images. Anyway, in regard to the new uniforms:

https://www.facebook.com/90555643415/posts/10158993356508416/?d=n

The Facebook link above seems to be bidding the alternate orange tops a fond farewell. Obviously, this doesn’t mean there won’t be a new alternate orange jersey. But I find it odd they didn’t include the black and white uniforms in that post. Only the orange is featured. I believe this could mean the white tiger color rush unis are the new alternates.

https://twitter.com/bengaljims_btr/status/1363595224908521475?s=21

Also, the tweet above shows a direct quote from Hobson, “From what I hear, classic is good”. This makes me ecstatic. Since it’s already confirmed the best helmets in sports history aren’t changing, I believe this means a return to a similar design we saw from 1981-2003. This is exactly what I’m hoping for. Keep it simple, stupid. The older uniforms were simple but amazing. When the “new” design came out in 2004, I was initially upset. They grew on me, but the 80’s and 90’s uniforms were simply beautiful. Here’s hoping Hobson is right about this
Reply/Quote
I’d rather have a complete overhaul. An homage to the past would be great if there was anything to celebrate... I suppose if we are gonna play like the 90s we might as well look the part too!
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 03:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I apologize in advance for this, but I am simply awful using these smart phones when it comes to posting images. Anyway, in regard to the new uniforms:

I must be missing something here.

Are they saying that the only thing that will change is the tint of orange?
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I must be missing something here.

Are they saying that the only thing that will change is the tint of orange?

The tint of the orange changed when Nike took over in 2012. My takeaway was they were saying goodbye to the orange alternates for good
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 05:47 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: The tint of the orange changed when Nike took over in 2012. My takeaway was they were saying goodbye to the orange alternates for good

Last I knew they had a really good record in the orange jersey.

Found it. According to an article from 2017, they were 19-6-1 in the orange jersey, and they won the game the article was written for, so they were 20-6-1 in the orange jersey after Week 5 of 2017.

Give me orange jersey (minus the panels) for Home and the color rush scheme as the Road (with a temporary decal cover to make the helmet black/white as well) and we're fine.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 05:47 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: The tint of the orange changed when Nike took over in 2012. My takeaway was they were saying goodbye to the orange alternates for good

But they said we were "closer to" then they posted an image of the orange jersey.  How could that mean the orange jersey is going away?

Like I said, I may be missing part of the post.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Last I knew they had a really good record in the orange jersey.

Found it. According to an article from 2017, they were 19-6-1 in the orange jersey, and they won the game the article was written for, so they were 20-6-1 in the orange jersey after Week 5 of 2017.

Give me orange jersey (minus the panels) for Home and the color rush scheme as the Road (with a temporary decal cover to make the helmet black/white as well) and we're fine.

Yes this was my first thought. We won a lot in those all orange uni's even if they are the ones I don't care for as much.

I would still keep them.
Reply/Quote
I'm just hoping for a simpler jersey that uses the same number font as our color rush.

Then keep the color rush as our alt uni and boom! All set.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  

But they said we were "closer to" then they posted an image of the orange jersey.  How could that mean the orange jersey is going away?

Like I said, I may be missing part of the post.

Right. But they also said “first season to last season in this look”. That could simply mean the first-to-last-season with this design in orange, or the last appearance of the orange alternates altogether.

Either way, we should know here in just a couple of months.
Reply/Quote
Ok....look here kids. This isn't rocket surgery.

In that facebook post they put "1st year....last year", showing Chad--the "first year" they introduced the new uni's--and then Higgins "last year" (or...the last year they will be used). It has nothing to do with the orange jersey or the tint of orange. 

They were showcasing the uni era and pointing out that we're 1 week closer to the new uni unveiling. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:05 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok....look here kids. This isn't rocket surgery.

In that facebook post they put "1st year....last year", showing Chad--the "first year" they introduced the new uni's--and then Higgins "last year" (or...the last year they will be used). It has nothing to do with the orange jersey or the tint of orange. 

They were showcasing the uni era and pointing out that we're 1 week closer to the new uni unveiling. 

EXACTLY

Let's hope to never get stuck in a breakout room with any of these people. My goodness!
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 03:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I apologize in advance for this, but I am simply awful using these smart phones when it comes to posting images. Anyway, in regard to the new uniforms:

The Facebook link above seems to be bidding the alternate orange tops a fond farewell. Obviously, this doesn’t mean there won’t be a new alternate orange jersey. But I find it odd they didn’t include the black and white uniforms in that post. Only the orange is featured. I believe this could mean the white tiger color rush unis are the new alternates.

https://twitter.com/bengaljims_btr/status/1363595224908521475?s=21

Also, the tweet above shows a direct quote from Hobson, “From what I hear, classic is good”. This makes me ecstatic. Since it’s already confirmed the best helmets in sports history aren’t changing, I believe this means a return to a similar design we saw from 1981-2003. This is exactly what I’m hoping for. Keep it simple, stupid. The older uniforms were simple but amazing. When the “new” design came out in 2004, I was initially upset. They grew on me, but the 80’s and 90’s uniforms were simply beautiful. Here’s hoping Hobson is right about this

maybe we are getting a throw back instead of alt this time around
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Last I knew they had a really good record in the orange jersey.

No offense man, but you do realize that the color of the jersey has absolutely ZERO effect of the on field performance and wins and losses, right? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 04:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: No offense man, but you do realize that the color of the jersey has absolutely ZERO effect of the on field performance and wins and losses, right? 

No offense man, but you do realize that 20-6-1 is absolutely REALLY good, right?

Last year the Bengals wore their orange jersey ONCE. Week 15 against the 11-2 Steelers. W. Scientifically proven.

Enjoy your losing in non-orange jerseys.

Reply/Quote
Thank god, i want the classics back!
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 05:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No offense man, but you do realize that 20-6-1 is absolutely REALLY good, right?

Last year the Bengals wore their orange jersey ONCE. Week 15 against the 11-2 Steelers. W. Scientifically proven.

Enjoy your losing in non-orange jerseys.

I actually find this really fascinating and it's entirely possible there's a psychological element to it.  I would think that refreshing the whole lineup of uniforms would reset any psychological advantage one uni had over another.  

I've said before that NFL players are adults, they're professionals, things shouldn't throw them off.  But some athletes are highly superstitious.  In Mile High stadium, there are references all over the visiting locker and hallways about the elevation and how it can impact your health.  The carpet is "busy" in the visitors locker room.  There are just little things all over the place meant to throw off the players in little ways.  If any of that actually works, it's highly probable that uniforms could just as easily trigger something subconsciously.   
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 05:36 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I actually find this really fascinating and it's entirely possible there's a psychological element to it.  I would think that refreshing the whole lineup of uniforms would reset any psychological advantage one uni had over another.  

I've said before that NFL players are adults, they're professionals, things shouldn't throw them off.  But some athletes are highly superstitious.  In Mile High stadium, there are references all over the visiting locker and hallways about the elevation and how it can impact your health.  The carpet is "busy" in the visitors locker room.  There are just little things all over the place meant to throw off the players in little ways.  If any of that actually works, it's highly probable that uniforms could just as easily trigger something subconsciously.   

Oh, I have no idea. I just decided to respond to his semi-absurd question with higher grade absurdity.

Honestly I just think the orange jersey (minus the panels) would be a solid enough home jersey. I think the black is just boring and lacks individual character. 

Almost any team can just do a black jersey. The Bucs, Jets, Bengals, Falcons, Eagles, Ravens, Cardinals, Titans, Raiders, Panthers, Saints, and Steelers all have a primarily black jersey in their set of uniforms... and I am probably missing some teams on that list. 

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 05:36 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I actually find this really fascinating and it's entirely possible there's a psychological element to it.  I would think that refreshing the whole lineup of uniforms would reset any psychological advantage one uni had over another.  

Trippy. I have never been a superstitious person myself but could be true that a lot of players are and that is the reason that record 
is the way it is. I think I would like the Black on Black myself as I would look cooler and more of a badazz than an Orange uni.

Just makes you wonder lol

Tom Brady sure isn't superstitious, he wins in whatevs style.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 06:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Oh, I have no idea. I just decided to respond to his semi-absurd question with higher grade absurdity.

Honestly I just think the orange jersey (minus the panels) would be a solid enough home jersey. I think the black is just boring and lacks individual character. 

Almost any team can just do a black jersey. The Bucs, Jets, Bengals, Falcons, Eagles, Ravens, Cardinals, Titans, Raiders, Panthers, Saints, and Steelers all have a primarily black jersey in their set of uniforms... and I am probably missing some teams on that list. 

Eh, those teams don't have our helmets or stripes. The Black on Black looks sweet with our helmets IMO.

I think the Falcons uni's look sweet with the Black on Black too.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 10:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Trippy. I have never been a superstitious person myself but could be true that a lot of players are and that is the reason that record 
is the way it is. I think I would like the Black on Black myself as I would look cooler and more of a badazz than an Orange uni.

Just makes you wonder lol

Tom Brady sure isn't superstitious, he wins in whatevs style.

I have one word that would probably answer most of the mystery around the outstanding record in the orange jerseys.

Cleveland

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote