Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New word for the day
It's pronounced "room", but spelled differently,   rheum which for the unrheum enlightened is basically dry, crusty eye turds..  Sounds delightful, eh? I get them almost every morning and until I figured out how to dispatch the painful little turds I thought I was doomed to a life of eye turdness forever. 
So, how to dispatch rheum painlessly is pretty easy once you get good at it. With both eyes closed normally brush downward gently and keep at it till you get towards the end towards your nose on each side then change direction just a bit towards your nose. You may have to dig the crud out on that side with a fingernail, but be very gentle and don't rub unless you like rubbing ground glass into your eyes. 
Well, that's how I dispatch rheum..Others may have a different method and please, don't tell your doctor you do it like this or you'll be told in no uncertain terms that you will go blind quicker than if you jerk off in front of a church in front of 50 nuns on a doomed bus.. 

Thanks for your undivided attention..  
Now get out there and jerk off in front of a doomed busload of nuns and see where that gets you. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When I was a child I had an eye infection so bad that they would be sealed shut when I woke up in the morning. My mom had to clean them off with cotton balls before i could even get them open. I don't know if she used peroxide or just water. I was very young. Not even in school yet.

If you are getting it that bad now you should look into some sort of ointment you can put in your eyes before you go to bed. You obviously have some infection or inflammation. Are you working around smoke or strong chemical fumes?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When I was a child I had an eye infection so bad that they would be sealed shut when I woke up in the morning.  My mom had to clean them off with cotton balls before i could even get them open.  I don't know if she used peroxide or just water.  I was very young.  Not even in school yet.

If you are getting it that bad now you should look into some sort of ointment you can put in your eyes before you go to bed.  You obviously have some infection or inflammation.  Are you working around smoke or strong chemical fumes?

It might be sawdust drying me out or perhaps strong solvents when i spray paint and such..I don't know, but I'll keep monitoring it. If it gets worse I'll definitely do something different.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I had this for about a year. It was caused by ethanol fumes. Went to eye surgeon and had to use some special eye drops only a surgeon can prescribe. This caused a extremely case of dry eye that would not go away. Just like you, I would get those nasty eye boogers in the morning and throughout the day. Worst freaken year of my life and pretty painful.

After about 10 months into this and teetering on the edge of insanity, I stumbled upon Thera Tears Omego 3 supplement. I took 3 gels every morning and damn, 4-6 weeks later I started feeling relief and shortly after that my eyes were good. That shit was a life saver.

Reply/Quote