Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Newest Bengal Zach Kerr: "Do it the Bengal Way"
Seems like the newest Bengal has already been integrated into this new Bengal culture of doing things the right way.

Here's how Zach sees his job:

"Just help stop the run.  Be where I'm supposed to be. My biggest thing is don't be wrong. Do it the right way. Do it the Bengal way."

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-zach-kerr-s-strange-journey-to-bengals-and-playoffs-goodell-heartwarm
Reply/Quote
Hope the guy gets some snaps. At least he’s getting at least one more pay day.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:29 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Seems like the newest Bengal has already been integrated into this new Bengal culture of doing things the right way.

Here's how Zach sees his job:

"Just help stop the run.  Be where I'm supposed to be. My biggest thing is don't be wrong. Do it the right way. Do it the Bengal way."

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-zach-kerr-s-strange-journey-to-bengals-and-playoffs-goodell-heartwarm

Since the Cardinals defense was ranked higher the Bengals maybe he should keep doing somethings that Cardinal way.
Reply/Quote
just get in Derrick Henrys Way
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 10:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since the Cardinals defense was ranked higher the Bengals maybe he should keep doing somethings that Cardinal way.

Since they got bounced in the 1st round maybe he shouldn’t? Seriously, you take a shot every time you get a chance.

That aside, Bengals gave up less yards per carry than the cards on defense so maybe considering his response focused on run defense he was on to something.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 11:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: just get in Derrick Henrys Way

And after the game he can take the freeway to get a three way.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Sounds like my type of Bengals player already.

Who Dey!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Here's your chance big fella, make the most of it!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 11:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's your chance big fella, make the most of it!

at a listed 330 #, he has the run plugger build and I like the attitude....maybe him and the other dude Costin will turnout to be finds going into next yr  
Reply/Quote
I hope he can help.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:08 PM)kalibengal Wrote: at a listed 330 #, he has the run plugger build and I like the attitude....maybe him and the other dude Costin will turnout to be finds going into next yr  

If they can get him and Reader next to each other on rushing downs, that's going to be a lot of beef clogging the middle.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 10:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since the Cardinals defense was ranked higher the Bengals maybe he should keep doing somethings that Cardinal way.

Really, Fred. I enjoy your posts. They add a lot.  But they could put your photo under the word "contrarian" in the dictionary. (Not saying that's a bad thing.)
Reply/Quote
I just want to say I love being in the Divisional round and having someone come in and say "the Bengal way" and it be a positive term. 1 year ago I did NOT think we'd be in this spot.
Reply/Quote
Wow. I remember not too long ago when doing something the “Bengal way” would mean you really half-assed it!

Glad to see the times have changed!
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:41 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I just want to say I love being in the Divisional round 

Most the city agrees the Chip isle was empty... So was the most of the beer isle  lol
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 11:23 AM)Au165 Wrote: Since they got bounced in the 1st round maybe he shouldn’t? Seriously, you take a shot every time you get a chance.

That aside, Bengals gave up less yards per carry than the cards on defense so maybe considering his response focused on run defense he was on to something.

I swear deep down Fred hates the Bengals. He always has some stupid thing to say why they aren't good enough, but here we are with a chance to go to the AFCCG...
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 02:16 PM)Tony Wrote: I swear deep down Fred hates the Bengals. He always has some stupid thing to say why they aren't good enough,

You must have me confused with someone else.  I am the guy saying we are good enough to win it all this year while we are so healthy.

It is other people who are claiming we are still a year or two away.
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(01-21-2022, 02:16 PM)Tony Wrote: I swear deep down Fred hates the Bengals. He always has some stupid thing to say why they aren't good enough, but here we are with a chance to go to the AFCCG...

No, Fred is just a contrarian. He very commonly takes a contrary position to what others say. That is not necessarily a bad thing. While it isn't necessarily helpful to always take an opposing view on things, and can be annoying as hell, but for a message board it can prove enlightening and also help posters to research more to support their positions. 

But I think Fred has made it quite clear he loves the Bengals. It is just if you present a view, his mind works to find a contrary position.

Edit: I think Fred would agree with what I state. But if doesn't, it's because he's a contrarian!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 02:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Most the city agrees the Chip isle was empty... So was the most of the beer isle  lol

Lemme redirect you...  http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Food-for-the-Playoffs  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:36 PM)Nepa Wrote: Really, Fred. I enjoy your posts. They add a lot.  But they could put your photo under the word "contrarian" in the dictionary.  (Not saying that's a bad thing.)

Sees a ray of sunshine.... compelled to leave a steaming pile on it.
Reply/Quote