Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from Zac's Press Conference
1) CJ has a sprained MCL. Right now things look encouraging

2) Rotation at right guard was planned. They will continue to practice that way and see how it goes before making a final decision for the Super Bowl

3) didn't get much sleep last night. Neighbors were waiting to greet him when he arrived home at 1AM. Still taking everything in

4) time with Rams was 2 of the best years of his life but is basically irrelevent now

5) The CBs rocked

6) travel schedule to LA not set yet

7)Joe and Sam were chosen as game captains because they represented Ohio and Cincinnati's "finest"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:06 PM)pally Wrote: 1) CJ has a sprained MCL.  Right now things look encouraging

2) Rotation at right guard was planned.  They will continue to practice that way and see how it goes before making a final decision for the Super Bowl

3) didn't get much sleep last night.  Neighbors were waiting to greet him when he arrived home at 1AM.  Still taking everything in

"Oh now you want to say hi to me.  Don't think I didn't see your little cookout that I wasn't invited to last summer."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:06 PM)pally Wrote: 2) Rotation at right guard was planned.  

You mean rotate like a turnstile? Well, it IS his call. He probably doesn't want to spoil Joe with a good OLine....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Great to hear about CJ. That was the only dark shadow on an otherwise glorious day. I hope he gets the needed rest and treatment and is able to take the field at So-Fi.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Give him the entire strength/conditioning/rehab team.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Zac sure seemed nonchalant during the game. No pressure, just the biggest game of his life LMAO!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Zac sure seemed nonchalant during the game. No pressure, just the biggest game of his life LMAO!!!

The swagger from this team is off the charts right now.  Just unbelievable. They're so pumped after these wins and riding the high, but during the game they've just got (or at least appear to) have every confidence.  They should the way they've been playing, but it's amazing.  No panic or stress.  Guys aren't chewing each other out on the sideline after mistakes.  That attitude is why they've been winning this postseason.  Now if only the fans could get through the games the same way... Hmm
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Zac sure seemed nonchalant during the game. No pressure, just the biggest game of his life LMAO!!!

For sure and his post game demeanor is fairly cool, "This is a special group of guys." Zac doesn't make it all about him as the coach, I approve.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:32 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The swagger from this team is off the charts right now.  Just unbelievable. They're so pumped after these wins and riding the high, but during the game they've just got (or at least appear to) have every confidence.  They should the way they've been playing, but it's amazing.  No panic or stress.  Guys aren't chewing each other out on the sideline after mistakes.  That attitude is why they've been winning this postseason.  Now if only the fans could get through the games the same way... Hmm

Yeah, I still remember the Marv cross armed days and his big scowl on his face lol

With Zac, McPherson lines up for a kick to take the lead or win and either way he is just having fun out there. 

It is refreshing honestly. Gonna be fun just going back and watching the entire season again on Gamepass and then watching 
these Playoffs and onto the Superbowl with the Rams and Zac's buddy McVay. This has been the best Playoffs I have ever seen
and I expect nothing less in the Superbowl. Amazing that our Bengals are not only apart of it but ARE it.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:34 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: For sure and his post game demeanor is fairly cool, "This is a special group of guys." Zac doesn't make it all about him as the coach, I approve.

Yep, he puts the blame on himself for losses and bad plays, and gives the credit for wins to the players. Just the kind of coach you want.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I still remember the Marv cross armed days and his big scowl on his face lol

With Zac, McPherson lines up for a kick to take the lead or win and either way he is just having fun out there. 

It is refreshing honestly. Gonna be fun just going back and watching the entire season again on Gamepass and then watching 
these Playoffs and onto the Superbowl with the Rams and Zac's buddy McVay. This has been the best Playoffs I have ever seen
and I expect nothing less in the Superbowl. Amazing that our Bengals are not only apart of it but ARE it.

Not gonna lie, I wish there was a highlight reel / recap from the season that went through the big plays (good and bad) and included GD thread notes from the different points, or threads here.  Way too much work to actually put together, but would be funny to see the roller coaster from the offseason and the fire Zac threads (yes, I'd be in plenty of those...) and through the season and critical games up through the SB and the team taking the trophy.  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:42 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Not gonna lie, I wish there was a highlight reel / recap from the season that went through the big plays (good and bad) and included GD thread notes from the different points, or threads here.  Way too much work to actually put together, but would be funny to see the roller coaster from the offseason and the fire Zac threads (yes, I'd be in plenty of those...) and through the season and critical games up through the SB and the team taking the trophy.  

Don't want to put it all on Holic and the boys but that sure would be awesome.

Was quite a ride lol
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:42 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Not gonna lie, I wish there was a highlight reel / recap from the season that went through the big plays (good and bad) and included GD thread notes from the different points, or threads here.  Way too much work to actually put together, but would be funny to see the roller coaster from the offseason and the fire Zac threads (yes, I'd be in plenty of those...) and through the season and critical games up through the SB and the team taking the trophy.  

I am working my way through this last gameday thread. Up to page 63 so far. It is a roller coaster read, with a few "we can pull this out" and many "I'm turning off the game," "It's over," "fire the entire DB corps," etc. Its enjoyable only because I now know the ending.  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, he puts the blame on himself for losses and bad plays, and gives the credit for wins to the players. Just the kind of coach you want.

The more I listen to his pressers, I'm impressed with his leadership abilities. I don't know enough about ball to criticize his Xs & Os, but I feel comfortable that if Taylor has talented players, he'll lean on the player's talent as he leads and manages them toward victory. His players seem to respect him and that is only a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:47 PM)Nepa Wrote: I am working my way through this last gameday thread. Up to page 63 so far. It is a roller coaster read, with a few "we can pull this out" and many "I'm turning off the game," "It's over," "fire the entire DB corps," etc. Its enjoyable only because I now know the ending.  

You are tougher than me. I can't stomach those knee jerk reactions.
Reply/Quote

There does not need to be a GD thread highlight reel.  The GD thread is complete trash and should be ignored completely.  Just go watch the game.

I came to the forums right a the game ended and the number of people logged in was like 20-30 at most....an hour later there were over 100, so it seems most people here  feel the same.  GD thread is trash.  Stay away.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:01 PM)Stewy Wrote: There does not need to be a GD thread highlight reel.  The GD thread is complete trash and should be ignored completely.  Just go watch the game.

I came to the forums right a the game ended and the number of people logged in was like 20-30 at most....an hour later there were over 100, so it seems most people here  feel the same.  GD thread is trash.  Stay away.

I feel the same way. The toxicity, the toxicity, cue System of a Down.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:06 PM)pally Wrote: 1) CJ has a sprained MCL.  Right now things look encouraging

2) Rotation at right guard was planned.  They will continue to practice that way and see how it goes before making a final decision for the Super Bowl

3) didn't get much sleep last night.  Neighbors were waiting to greet him when he arrived home at 1AM.  Still taking everything in

4) time with Rams was 2 of the best years of his life but is basically irrelevent now

5) The CBs rocked

6) travel schedule to LA not set yet

7)Joe and Sam were chosen as game captains because they represented Ohio and Cincinnati's "finest"

I love these Pally!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I don't claim to have any medical knowledge. How quick can someone recover from a sprained MCL ?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't claim to have any medical knowledge. How quick can someone recover from a sprained MCL ?

I always thought it was a 3-6 week recovery depending on the severity. I would be surprised if he were ready to start and play his normal snap counts. I’m hoping he can be ready to help in red zone situations.

I also hope I’m way off and he’s fully healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote