Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from Zac's Press Conference
(01-31-2022, 04:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't claim to have any medical knowledge. How quick can someone recover from a sprained MCL ?

Recover fully... 3-6 weeks is reasonable. He will get aggressive therapy. Cryo, anti-inflammatories...

Recover to play in the superbowl with a brace assuming maximum therapy? It is definitely possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:47 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The more I listen to his pressers, I'm impressed with his leadership abilities. I don't know enough about ball to criticize his Xs & Os, but I feel comfortable that if Taylor has talented players, he'll lean on the player's talent as he leads and manages them toward victory. His players seem to respect him and that is only a good thing.

I don’t even think a head coach necessarily has to be the greatest X’s and O’s guy. I think of Dabo Swinney. Seems limited in that area, but is a great recruiter, leader, and knows how to make a good speech. Also clemson paid a ton of money on coordinators. Those first few years I didn’t have faith that Callahan and Anarumo were strong enough, but whatever they’re doing is working out now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:01 PM)Stewy Wrote: There does not need to be a GD thread highlight reel.  The GD thread is complete trash and should be ignored completely.  Just go watch the game.

I came to the forums right a the game ended and the number of people logged in was like 20-30 at most....an hour later there were over 100, so it seems most people here  feel the same.  GD thread is trash.  Stay away.

People post their inner most thoughts and emotions constantly in the game day threads, which is annoying to me. You don’t think I thought we were going to lose 21-3 when KC was getting 8+ yards a play? Yes, but I didn’t have to continually post about that thought and constantly complain.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:24 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: People post their inner most thoughts and emotions constantly in the game day threads, which is annoying to me. You don’t think I thought we were going to lose 21-3 when KC was getting 8+ yards a play? Yes, but I didn’t have to continually post about that thought and constantly complain.

Fair enough, but the GD thread never bothers me at all......because I'm never in it, even after the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:47 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The more I listen to his pressers, I'm impressed with his leadership abilities. I don't know enough about ball to criticize his Xs & Os, but I feel comfortable that if Taylor has talented players, he'll lean on the player's talent as he leads and manages them toward victory. His players seem to respect him and that is only a good thing.

The player's responses when they talked about Zac is what kept me positive through the losses.  It never came across as, he's my boss I gotta suck up.  They genuinely seemed to like and believe in him.  And despite the injuries last season there were just enough flashes of what could be that there was some hope for the future

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't claim to have any medical knowledge. How quick can someone recover from a sprained MCL ?

It varies with the severity of the strain and the individual. 

Tupou has one and has only managed to play 5 snaps in the 3 weeks since he hurt it vs Cleveland. 

Giannis suffered one in last year's NBA playoffs and only missed a game or two, IIRC. Miraculous. But he is a Greek Freak. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:01 PM)Stewy Wrote: There does not need to be a GD thread highlight reel.  The GD thread is complete trash and should be ignored completely.  Just go watch the game.

I came to the forums right a the game ended and the number of people logged in was like 20-30 at most....an hour later there were over 100, so it seems most people here  feel the same.  GD thread is trash.  Stay away.

Yep wandered in there once and knew right away it was not for me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote