Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newt wants to deport Americans who practice Islam
http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/newt-gingrich-calls-for-muslim-test-acknowledges-donald-trump-veep-probably-mike-pence

I don't think he knows what Sharia is...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-15-2016, 10:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/newt-gingrich-calls-for-muslim-test-acknowledges-donald-trump-veep-probably-mike-pence

He needs an aide to keep him busy again....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
This had to have been planned to make Trump not look like the craziest Republican on the planet. If Newt keeps it up, Trump supporters can say "Yeah, but at least Trump isn't Newt crazy."
(07-15-2016, 10:50 AM)Benton Wrote: This had to have been planned to make Trump not look like the craziest Republican on the planet. If Newt keeps it up, Trump supporters can say "Yeah, but at least Trump isn't Newt crazy."

Or maybe he just wants Trump to pick him instead. "Maybe if I say something Trump-like, he'll pick me as VP."
(07-15-2016, 10:50 AM)Benton Wrote: This had to have been planned to make Trump not look like the craziest Republican on the planet. If Newt keeps it up, Trump supporters can say "Yeah, but at least Trump isn't Newt crazy."

(07-15-2016, 11:20 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Or maybe he just wants Trump to pick him instead. "Maybe if I say something Trump-like, he'll pick me as VP."

Hilarious

I was thinking that!  

Or worse...Trump supporters would suddenly want to vote for Newt because he "speaks his mind".
(07-15-2016, 11:22 AM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

I was thinking that!  

Or worse...Trump supporters would suddenly want to vote for Newt because he "speaks his mind".

I've seen some Newt highlights on YouTube and, I have to tell you, if the Newt that I saw were to ever show up in a debate, he'd wipe the floor with his opponents, regardless of who they were. Of course, there's a reason why that Newt is probably only seen on cable TV and YouTube and not on the campaign trail.
Not a good look here.
(07-15-2016, 11:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: Not a good look here.

I don't know man ... a Trump-Newt ticket? There wouldn't be a dry pair of pants in the land.  Mellow
(07-15-2016, 11:28 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't know man ... a Trump-Newt ticket? There wouldn't be a dry pair of pants in the land.  Mellow

No. Not with everyone being deported.
Deport them to where exactly?

I do like his idea of using tigers and polar bears and what not to attack these terrorists. Oh wait, as I was typing I think I may have realized that drones are called predators.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-15-2016, 11:20 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Or maybe he just wants Trump to pick him instead. "Maybe if I say something Trump-like, he'll pick me as VP."

I thought the same thing.

(07-15-2016, 12:00 PM)jason Wrote: Deport them to where exactly?

I do like his idea of using tigers and polar bears and what not to attack these terrorists. Oh wait, as I was typing I think I may have realized that drones are called predators.

I think you had it right originally. Drones are, but I think Newt is actually referring to the use of predatory animals. Just round up 50 or 60 thousand bears and drop them into Raqqa. It will be a massive undertaking — and no doubt expensive — but any country that can build a giant 2,000 mile wall that can't be climbed over or under (and make someone else pay for it) should be able to transport tens of thousands of wild animals.
Well we could do what Japan does and have a blanket surveillance on every Muslim and all of their meeting places. But that would be man power intensive.
Which btw, Japanese Muslims sued Japan for it, and the Japanese high court upheld the process.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/muslims-japan-government-surveillance-top-court-green-lit-islamaphobia-a7109761.html
(07-15-2016, 12:55 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well we could do what Japan does and have a blanket surveillance on every Muslim and all of their meeting places. But that would be man power intensive.
Which btw, Japanese Muslims sued Japan for it, and the Japanese high court upheld the process.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/muslims-japan-government-surveillance-top-court-green-lit-islamaphobia-a7109761.html

Thank god we live in a nation with more protections of our rights

(07-15-2016, 02:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Thank god we live in a nation with more protections of our rights

And that more of us prefer our rights than to give them up for "security".
(07-15-2016, 11:25 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I've seen some Newt highlights on YouTube and, I have to tell you, if the Newt that I saw were to ever show up in a debate, he'd wipe the floor with his opponents, regardless of who they were. Of course, there's a reason why that Newt is probably only seen on cable TV and YouTube and not on the campaign trail.

He has fallen pretty far from who he used to be. He was a serious contender in the last election. Now, he's just not so relevant. 
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(07-15-2016, 02:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Thank god we live in a nation with more protections of our rights

Didn't Snowden teach you just how little your rights are truly protected?

(07-15-2016, 02:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: And that more of us prefer our rights than to give them up for "security".

Hmm while out with my family would I prefer... Stronger security, lesser risk of something bad happening, lesser security greater chances of something bad happening.....
Let me think about that for a while. Sarcasm
(07-15-2016, 12:55 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well we could do what Japan does and have a blanket surveillance on every Muslim and all of their meeting places. But that would be man power intensive.

If I had to guess, I would say the NSA, FBI, and CIA already are to some extent, though they would never admit it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-15-2016, 03:57 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If I had to guess, I would say the NSA, FBI, and CIA already are to some extent, though they would never admit it.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/homefront/interviews/klein.html

Quote:As it turned out, one of the key pieces of spy equipment they installed was in the Internet room, and I discovered that in the process of learning the job. When I got there in October there was still a guy there who had been there years and years and years. He was thoroughly familiar with the whole office, ... and he was showing me the ropes for the Internet room because he was, as it turned out, planning to retire, and he left a couple months later. But in those two months he was showing me the ropes, and at one point I asked him about this secret room, because the secret room is on the sixth floor; the Internet room is on the seventh floor. It didn't seem to be an obvious connection, and I had said to him, "Well, it seems to me that the secret room is right next to the phone switch room, so I assume they're listening to phone calls," and his answer was: "No. Internet." That was his instant answer. He said, "I'll show you."

The administration's first presentation of it is disingenuous. They present it as about phone calls. They're just watching a few bad people who make phone calls to Al Qaeda and the Middle East, and you notice they don't talk about the Internet hardly at all. That part of it hasn't been revealed, because if they did, Americans would realize it's not just a few people; it's everybody, because the data they're handing over is not selected out. When you run fiber optics through a splitter and you send all that data to a secret room, there's no selecting going on there at all. ...

There are more examples. Millions of Americans have had their rights violated for about 15 years and there's not much done. On the other hand we've had a couple dozen Benghazi hearings in the last year. Could be because we keep reelecting the same congress members who violated those rights.

That said, I do believe it's only as effective as the support given to the intelligence community. If we're sifting through tens of millions of phone calls and emails a day looking for potential threats, but then failing to spot terrorists when interviewed, I don't know how effective it is.
(07-15-2016, 10:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/newt-gingrich-calls-for-muslim-test-acknowledges-donald-trump-veep-probably-mike-pence

Isn't sharia law like cutting people's hands off for thefts killing people who insult Islam (and a bunch of other things), and saying it's ok to marry children at the age of 9?

Pretty sure if that's the case it's not protected by the first admendment. If a Muslim wants Sharia law that's pretty radical honestly, and they should be allowed in the country if they are trying to get in, and should be on a watch list of they're already in.