Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newt wants to deport Americans who practice Islam
(07-18-2016, 09:04 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, you're the one ignoring my point. 

No one wants Muslims to be able to legally kill people for blasphemy or stone women. The problem is that Newt, and apparently you, have decided to take "Sharia Law" and associate it with only the practices we find backwards or a violation of others' rights. The point is that it means much more, so saying no Sharia means no religious freedom. Instead of just saying "no Sharia Law", be more accurate. Especially if you're the former Speaker of the House. 

Not to mention, merely believing in these things but not practicing them is still covered under the 1st Amendment. 

Yuuuup....

Very similar to Christians, who pick and choose what parts of The Bible to follow.
Just like those with Sharia, it can keep them from ending up in prison.
I'm sure anyone strictly following the examples of The Old Testament would be detested equally as a person following strict Sharia Law.
Well.... unless discrimination is factored in.
(07-18-2016, 09:04 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, you're the one ignoring my point. 

No one wants Muslims to be able to legally kill people for blasphemy or stone women. The problem is that Newt, and apparently you, have decided to take "Sharia Law" and associate it with only the practices we find backwards or a violation of others' rights. The point is that it means much more, so saying no Sharia means no religious freedom. Instead of just saying "no Sharia Law", be more accurate. Especially if you're the former Speaker of the House. 

Not to mention, merely believing in these things but not practicing them is still covered under the 1st Amendment. 

Sharia law has a lot of practices that we find backwards or a violation of others rights, and that's why I don't want it. You can still be a Muslim and not practice Sharia law. You can still do the non radical things in Sharia law, but that doesn't mean you're practicing Sharia law. When you follow a law you have to follow it by the word, and if you're not then you're not following the law. If you think that you should follow Sharia law then you shouldn't be able to become a citizen in the country, and if you're already in the country you should be on a watch list, because you believe that killing people for silly things is ok.

Let me put it this way. If a tax law says that you have to file 3 different types of papers and you only file 1 are you breaking that tax law?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-18-2016, 08:36 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Sharia law has a lot of practices that we find backwards or a violation of others rights, and that's why I don't want it. You can still be a Muslim and not practice Sharia law. You can still do the non radical things in Sharia law, but that doesn't mean you're practicing Sharia law. When you follow a law you have to follow it by the word, and if you're not then you're not following the law. If you think that you should follow Sharia law then you shouldn't be able to become a citizen in the country, and if you're already in the country you should be on a watch list, because you believe that killing people for silly things is ok.

Let me put it this way. If a tax law says that you have to file 3 different types of papers and you only file 1 are you breaking that tax law?

Sorry, imam, I didn't realize that people only follow Islamic law if you consider them to be following it...

I'll be sure to inform all of those Muslim nations that follow parts of Sharia but not all of it...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-18-2016, 09:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sorry, imam, I didn't realize that people only follow Islamic law if you consider them to be following it...

I'll be sure to inform all of those Muslim nations that follow parts of Sharia but not all of it...

So you are saying Muslims can pick and choose what parts of Sharia they want to follow?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-18-2016, 09:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sorry, imam, I didn't realize that people only follow Islamic law if you consider them to be following it...

No, people only follow Islamic law if they follow Islamic law. Following the law means that you have to follow all of them. That's why if you commit 1 crime you're not following the law.

I'm sorry you can't understand that.
(07-18-2016, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you are saying Muslims can pick and choose what parts of Sharia they want to follow?

Yea, that's pretty much religion as a whole. People arguing over which part to follow and which ones not to follow. Muslims are no different and I've witnessed it first hand.

Crazy. Muslim countries even pick and choose which parts to codify into law. 

(07-18-2016, 10:42 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No, people only follow Islamic law if they follow Islamic law. Following the law means that you have to follow all of them. That's why if you commit 1 crime you're not following the law.

Since this is the comparison you want to make, would I be erroneous in saying I believe in the laws of the US if I occasionally download a song illegally? 

P.S. your logic is about to suggest that every single person doesn't believe in US laws...

(07-18-2016, 10:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, that's pretty much religion as a whole. People arguing over which part to follow and which ones not to follow. Muslims are no different and I've witnessed it first hand.

Crazy. Muslim countries even pick and choose which parts to codify into law. 

Sure, Muslim countries decide the punishment they wish to impose on violations of Sharia, not sure if that's the same of picking and choosing the parts you want to follow. Sharia can be interpreted but not altered.  But I'll take your word for it; as you have seen it first hand.

(07-18-2016, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, Muslim countries decide the punishment they wish to impose on violations of Sharia, not sure if that's the same of picking and choosing the parts you want to follow. Sharia can be interpreted but not altered.  But I'll take your word for it; as you have seen it first hand.

Yea, it's really wild, but I know people who pray daily, fast during Ramadan, don't eat pork, and, somehow, do not believe in killing people who say bad things about their religion.

I'll ask them how they're allowed to do this and get back to you. 

(07-18-2016, 11:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, it's really wild, but I know people who pray daily, fast during Ramadan, don't eat pork, and, somehow, do not believe in killing people who say bad things about their religion.

I'll ask them how they're allowed to do this and get back to you. 

Perhaps you are confusing being Muslim with adhering to Sharia (the Law of the Land). 

Let me know what they tell you. 

(07-18-2016, 11:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Since this is the comparison you want to make, would I be erroneous in saying I believe in the laws of the US if I occasionally download a song illegally? 

P.S. your logic is about to suggest that every single person doesn't believe in US laws...

If you download a song illegally are you following the law? No, you're not. If you don't follow a law you don't believe in it.
(07-18-2016, 11:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If you download a song illegally are you following the law? No, you're not. If you don't follow a law you don't believe in it.

You didn't answer my question. Am I wrong in saying that I believe in the laws of the US if I occasionally download a song illegally?

(07-18-2016, 11:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps you are confusing being Muslim with adhering to Sharia (the Law of the Land). 

Let me know what they tell you. 

I'm not, but I appreciate your concern.

(07-18-2016, 11:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not, but I appreciate your concern.

Not concerned. I'll await feedback from your Muslim friends that follow Sharia and can pick and choose what parts they adhere to.  

(07-18-2016, 11:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You didn't answer my question. Am I wrong in saying that I believe in the laws of the US if I occasionally download a song illegally?

You don't believe in the law that you break. If you break Sharia law then you don't believe it. If you break an internet law you don't believe in that internet law. It's as simple as that.
(07-18-2016, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you are saying Muslims can pick and choose what parts of Sharia they want to follow?

(07-18-2016, 10:42 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No, people only follow Islamic law if they follow Islamic law. Following the law means that you have to follow all of them. That's why if you commit 1 crime you're not following the law.

So are you only a Christian if you follow all Christian laws?
(07-18-2016, 11:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If you download a song illegally are you following the law? No, you're not. If you don't follow a law you don't believe in it.

So since you claim it is "all or nothing" then no one who downloads a free song is patriotic, right?
(07-19-2016, 12:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So are you only a Christian if you follow all Christian laws?
Another person confusing being Muslim with Sharia Law.

(07-19-2016, 12:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So since you claim it is "all or nothing" then no one who downloads a free song is patriotic, right?

No, if you download a song illegally you're not following the law, right?
(07-19-2016, 12:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So are you only a Christian if you follow all Christian laws?

No, you're just breaking the Christian laws. That doesn't mean you're not a Christian.