Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Bengals HC?
Who do you think will be the next Bengals Head Coach?

Since they LOVE to promote from within for some reason, Paul Alexander has to be on this list.

But I'd love to see Jon Gruden.
Reply/Quote
Paul Guenther is our next head coach.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander.

No ninja.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Paul Alexander.

No ninja.
Agreed. He said he gets more satisfaction from his linemen succeeding than wins. Pass.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Tom Coughlin or Mike Tomlin. Or any coach like them.
Reply/Quote
How about Jim Haslett he has experience as HC with the NY Giants. If I remember correctly he was a no nonsense type HC.
Reply/Quote
I will completely check the F out if its Paulie. The problem with this team is players and coaches not stepping up and filling the shoes of those that left. Paulie would just be another poor decision by this organization promoting from within.
Reply/Quote
Todd Haley, Jim Mora Jr., Jim Bob Cooter, Josh McDaniels would all be on my wish-list.

Realistically: It is Guenther's to lose.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:41 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Todd Haley, Jim Mora Jr., Jim Bob Cooter, Josh McDaniels would all be on my wish-list.

Realistically:  It is Guenther's to lose.

The Lions DC Teryl Austin would be an interesting hire. I know Zimmer wanted him in Minnesota if he didn't land Guenther. There are rumors that if Austin gets a HC job next season, then Jim Bob Cooter would come with him as OC.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:17 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Tom Coughlin or Mike Tomlin. Or any coach like them.

Coughlin is 71 years old.

Coughlin is who I wanted instead of Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 03:53 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Lions DC Teryl Austin would be an interesting hire. I know Zimmer wanted him in Minnesota if he didn't land Guenther. There are rumors that if Austin gets a HC job next season, then Jim Bob Cooter would come with him as OC.

Austin is definitely a rising star and if he brought the Cooter along with him that'd be sweet, I just would like to see an Offensive minded HC next.  But hey, I'll take most anything over Marv at this point.
Reply/Quote
So...people generally want a coach that is good with X's and O's. But the coordinators handle that.

The best HC's are able to control the players and keep them motivated and drive them to being great.

People always look at the best OC's and DC's but those guys generally have the best QB's. A guy like Bill Cowher was a special teams coach.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 04:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So...people generally want a coach that is good with X's and O's. But the coordinators handle that.

The best HC's are able to control the players and keep them motivated and drive them to being great.

People always look at the best OC's and DC's but those guys generally have the best QB's. A guy like Bill Cowher was a special teams coach.

Yep. I want a Cowher or Coughlin type as the next HC. I want someone who will hold our players accountable and will actually punish them for mistakes they shouldn't be making on the field.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 04:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. I want a Cowher or Coughlin type as the next HC. I want someone who will hold our players accountable and will actually punish them for mistakes they shouldn't be making on the field.

That's what a HC should be. Then you need good coordinators who can draw up good X's and O's plays and strategy.

Many fans don't know this. They blame Marvin for the playcalls, etc. That's not his job. It's the coordinators.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:41 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Todd Haley, Jim Mora Jr., Jim Bob Cooter, Josh McDaniels would all be on my wish-list.

Realistically:  It is Guenther's to lose.

Cooter, eh?

[Image: Cooter.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
My Vote of course is for Jon Gruden
Reply/Quote
I'm all in on cooter

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Josh McDaniels.

Get him back in the captain's seat. Don't give him unilateral control like Denver did. I think he learned a lot from that.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 05:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's what a HC should be. Then you need good coordinators who can draw up good X's and O's plays and strategy.

Many fans don't know this. They blame Marvin for the playcalls, etc. That's not his job. It's the coordinators.

True, but Marvin is to blame for not going for a quick score at the end of the first half when there's more than 30 seconds left, for all the mental errors, for the lack of control over the players during the game, for not being prepared to start the season, etc.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 05:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Josh McDaniels.

Get him back in the captain's seat. Don't give him unilateral control like Denver did. I think he learned a lot from that.

I'll pass on him, he flunked in Denver and hasn't impressed when his BFF Tom Brady isn't at the helm.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote