Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Bengals HC?
(09-20-2017, 09:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sarkisian would be such a Bengals hire.

While HC of USC in 2015 he showed up to a practice drunk. He was also supposedly drunk during a game at ASU.

The alcohol-related incidents follow him back to when he was a coach at Washington.

Having a drunk coach on the sidelines might be better than the stoic, emotionless Marvin Lewis. More entertaining, anyways. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Any chance the front office is preparing a list of people to interview?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 12:31 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Any chance the front office is preparing a list of people to interview?

Marvins contract is up after the season. They have to be atleast thinking about it.

Guenther is the lazy hire that I think they make. We need a HC who will hold guys accountable and motivate them to be better. I don't see him as that guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 11:25 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I dont care much for Haley, they want to drive him out at Pitt. I was reading an article the other day about McCoy. He seems to be the aggressive step on their throat and never let up type of coach I wish we had. Then it's back to reality with Marvin in charge. Blah

Probably the same article I read.   I really don't know much about the guy, but I LOVED what he said in that article and the attitude he seems to have.

That would, I believe, result in a true culture change.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I actually think Marvin will be gone after this year.

But I worry of an internal hiring.. and I also have no clue who they would hire. Gruden definitely isn't coming here though, lol. He gets paid great money and the only way the Bengals pull in a great coach is if they finally allow the coach to have some control.

However, I'm not sure it matters too much (without an extraordinary hire). I think we are heading into a rebuild.
Reply/Quote
Not sure about HC, but would ike to see Vance Joseph come back either as Coordinator or just back in the fold somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 03:40 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Not sure about HC, but would ike to see Vance Joseph come back either as Coordinator or just back in the fold somewhere.

With the way he's turned that offense and Trevor Simien around, I think he'll be coaching in Denver for a long time.

If this front office didn't have such a hardon for Marv, he should have been fired immediately after the 2016 playoff debacle and Vance should have been given the head coaching job the second Marv drove off the property. But, of course...  Whatever  
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 12:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Marvins contract is up after the season. They have to be atleast thinking about it.

Guenther is the lazy hire that I think they make. We need a HC who will hold guys accountable and motivate them to be better. I don't see him as that guy.

While I agree Guenther is the lazy hire which would fall perfectly in line with Mike Brown, I don't agree about holding guys accountable. Last season, Guenther came out and said he was going to shake things up on D and that he was willing to bench guys. The very next day, Lewis came out and said nothing of the sort would happen. So I think Guenther is willing to sit guys, Marvin just won't let him.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 03:40 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Not sure about HC, but would ike to see Vance Joseph come back either as Coordinator or just back in the fold somewhere.

You do realize that he's currently the Broncos Head Coach right?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 03:49 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: While I agree Guenther is the lazy hire which would fall perfectly in line with Mike Brown, I don't agree about holding guys accountable. Last season, Guenther came out and said he was going to shake things up on D and that he was willing to bench guys. The very next day, Lewis came out and said nothing of the sort would happen. So I think Guenther is willing to sit guys, Marvin just won't let him.

My thoughts as well. Guenther would be a lazy hire, but it was refreshing to hear a coach say that he would players accountable and shake things up if needed. Marvin's comments were just another nail in the coffin for me wanting him gone.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 04:09 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: My thoughts as well. Guenther would be a lazy hire, but it was refreshing to hear a coach say that he would players accountable and shake things up if needed. Marvin's comments were just another nail in the coffin for me wanting him gone.

Nothing against Guenther, I like the guy, but honestly, my worst nightmare is that they let Marvin's contract expire, say they're opening up the coaching search but still hire Guenther. It would be such a letdown. The high of possibly who we could get would completely turn around if they go with Guenther.

I don't just want a new HC, I want a whole new coaching staff.

You might think the worst nightmare would be extending Marv, but, no, as disheartening as it would be, hiring Guenther would be more crushing due to the hopes that would come with the search. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 04:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Nothing against Guenther, I like the guy, but honestly, my worst nightmare is that they let Marvin's contract expire, say they're opening up the coaching search but still hire Guenther. It would be such a letdown. The high of possibly who we could get would completely turn around if they go with Guenther.

I don't just want a new HC, I want a whole new coaching staff.

You might think the worst nightmare would be extending Marv, but, no, as disheartening as it would be, hiring Guenther would be more crushing due to the hopes that would come with the search. 

Agreed. We need to go from outside.

Look at our best coordinators: Zimmer (outside), Gruden (outside), Jackson (outside although he worked here before).

I think Guenther has a talented unit. Zimmer was here when the defense wasn't as talented and got good results.
Reply/Quote
I would like an outside candidate as well. I don't think Guenther should be the next head coach. I'm just saying the thought that he doesn't hold players accountable isn't accurate because when he tried to do that, it was Marvin who shut him down.
Reply/Quote