Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Peko
He's missed in the locker room. Not missed on the field.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
let me guess...

...someone else on the broncos D got penetration and peko cleaned up by logging a tackle 3 yards beyond the LOS Tongue

Peko was incredibly durable in consecutive games played (if you think thats a lame positive can i refer you to the case of Eifert, Tyler..) and logged a hell of a lot of tackles.

That combined with his draft position and leadership makes him one of the best value draft picks we have made in years.

Good luck to him but i don't really think we miss him massively
Reply/Quote
Remember the penalty he had called on him in the playoff game against the Steelers when he came off the sideline to shove William Gay??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Last i checked our run defense is playing really well. Why are we saying we miss him. I loved pekos passion n fire, but last two years he stunk.
Reply/Quote
What you wanna bet he doesn't walk out onto the field in the playoffs wearing his coat.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 11:05 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Remember the penalty he had called on him in the playoff game against the Steelers when he came off the sideline to shove William Gay??

In his Batman cape? Who could forget...  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 11:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Last i checked our run defense is playing really well. Why are we saying we miss him. I loved pekos passion n fire, but last two years he stunk.

2015 he was awesome, stop it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 09:51 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We have a lot of fans who have no clue of how to evaluate a Peko run stuffing DL. His job is and was to occupy blockers, so the LBers or other DL can make the tackles. No glory, juts bring your lunch pail and fight in the the trenches. I said it when he left, he would be missed. I said he was a big part over the years of teams not being able to run on us. Fast forward to 2017 and a Denver defense that had a major run defense weakness holds the Cowboys to 40 yards rushing (yes only 40 yeards) with 24 coming from the QB. The best running team in the NFL with the best OL in the league gets shut down.

We lost a great OT and many were worried and rightly so, I was as well. Our fears were realized as the OL is struggling mightily. We lose a big run stopper and because he was not in the limelight, many trashed Peko, called him garbage, yet Elway signs him for big bucks (for a run stopper), plus him into a great pass defense team and now the Denver defense fixed a weakness. Meanwhile, the first 2 games, teams are running on our defense. Our run defense is clearly our weakness right now on defense. But may fans will ignore Peko loss being on par or close to a Whittworth loss due to their past ill advised comments now making them not look very smart.

First of all, as to the bolded, why go there?  You can't just say what you have to say and leave it at that?  Gotta take a shot at somebody6, right.  Passive aggressive bullshit.

Second, teams ran plenty on us last year until Burfict came back, so, swing and miss on that one.  And when he comes back, the run defense will magically be much better, further emphasizing the wrongness of your passive aggressive nonsense.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 09:17 AM)McC Wrote: First of all, as to the bolded, why go there?  You can't just say what you have to say and leave it at that?  Gotta take a shot at somebody6, right.  Passive aggressive bullshit.

Second, teams ran plenty on us last year until Burfict came back, so, swing and miss on that one.  And when he comes back, the run defense will magically be much better, further emphasizing the wrongness of your passive aggressive nonsense.

It is constructive criticism. Why not attack those who called Peko trash (opinion)? Why go there? I guess in your mind it is OK to trash a player, but don't dare challenge a poster in this forum. In my opinion we have a lot of fans who have no clue (in this case the roles and responsibilities of a nose tackle), so I challenge their opinions when they say dumb things. If that hurts your feelings, I really don't care. I have no issue you challenging my opinion, go for it as you have done but leave the pussification out of it, it gets old.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 09:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Peko is what he is...a big guy that will take up space in the run game. I think he did an above average job of that here.

Most fans evaluate defensive lineman based on sacks and don't realize that some guys roles are just to take up blockers...so they thought he was terrible.

Billings and Sims are definitely downgrades to him at this point. Hopefully Billings improves.

Peko was always a good "big guy" and still is. It was inevitable we'd be moving to next generation guys. Whether it is Peko or Whit... it was likely we'd go young when it seemed the playoffs were out of reach at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 09:46 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  It is constructive criticism. Why not attack those who called Peko trash (opinion)? Why go there? I guess in your mind it is OK to trash a player, but don't dare challenge a poster in this forum. In my opinion we have a lot of fans who have no clue (in this case the roles and responsibilities of a nose tackle), so I challenge their opinions when they say dumb things. If that hurts your feelings, I really don't care. I have no issue you challenging my opinion, go for it as you have done but leave the pussification out of it, it gets old.
Give me a break.  Your arrogance is appalling.  How does it feel to be the smartest?    Hello ignore.

I'm trying to remember when I've been wowed by your brilliance and the truth is, I'm drawing a blank. You're just like the rest of us, another guy on a message board.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 11:05 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Remember the penalty he had called on him in the playoff game against the Steelers when he came off the sideline to shove William Gay??

[Image: thepekoman.0.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 11:56 AM)Millhouse Wrote: [Image: thepekoman.0.gif]

Something I will never forget.  Peko lost me forever that day.  That is probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen a ten year vet do.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 12:02 PM)McC Wrote: Something I will never forget.  Peko lost me forever that day.  That is probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen a ten year vet do.

Perhaps he thought that no one would notice him.

[Image: smdh.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Being a Coloradan I can root for the Broncos and not seem like a bandwagoner...Which I'm not. It's HARD to not root for them out here. It's like Cincinnati fans on steroids.

Became a sort of fan after going to a game last year wearing the opposing team's gear and not ONE nasty word was said, even after Denver won. But ppl in Colorado are NICE. So nice it was really unnerving when we first moved here. Over the last year we've had a TON of California/Texas transplants. So many it is insane...They're not so nice and cannot drive at all.

Anyhow, I cannot wait to go to the Bengals game here in November. I haven't decided what I am wearing yet though but it'll probably be my AJ jersey and/or my giant and super warm/functional Bengals coat because it gets cold AF in the mountains!

BTW, the ridic Steelers love is even apparent out here...Most of those folks appear to be transplants too though.
Reply/Quote