Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we sorely miss Burfict
With the line problems and Andy shaken confidence as a result. the offense is really struggling. While we have an excellent defense the only real weakness is Peko's old position. We don't have that game changer that can make impact plays. somebody to make that hit to force a fumble or the kind of player that can bait a QB into a bad throw and take it to the house. Geno is awesome and a difference maker don't get me wrong. Hes dominant but not in a playmaking sort of way.
Reply/Quote
The defense could pitch a shut out of they weren't on the field 40 minutes a game. Burfict missing isn't the problem.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 11:05 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The defense could pitch a shut out of they weren't on the field 40 minutes a game. Burfict missing isn't the problem.

Yeah, the defense has played more than well enough to win the first 2 games. It was the horribly anemic offensive output that was the problem.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 10:15 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: With the line problems and Andy shaken confidence as a result. the offense is really struggling. While we have an excellent defense the only real weakness is Peko's old position. We don't have that game changer that can make impact plays. somebody to make that hit to force a fumble or the kind of player that can bait a QB into a bad throw and take it to the house. Geno is awesome and a difference maker don't get me wrong. Hes dominant but not in a playmaking sort of way.

This post is teeming with fail.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Burfict has 7 career sacks, 5 forced fumbles, and 5 career interceptions with 0 being TD's. (In 6th season)

Atkins has 55 career sacks and 8 forced fumbles. (In 8th season)

Geno is probably the best defensive playmaker the franchise has ever had. Atkins impact is soo much more than Burfict it isn't even funny.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 01:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burfict has 7 career sacks, 5 forced fumbles, and 5 career interceptions with 0 being TD's. (In 6th season)

Geno is probably the best defensive playmaker the franchise has ever had. Atkins impact is soo much more than Burfict it isn't even funny.

Yep 100%

and if the site closes before I return ….."see you all on the other side" Who-Dey !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 11:05 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The defense could pitch a shut out of they weren't on the field 40 minutes a game. Burfict missing isn't the problem.

(09-20-2017, 11:08 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, the defense has played more than well enough to win the first 2 games. It was the horribly anemic offensive output that was the problem.

This x 3. 

/thread. 

(09-20-2017, 01:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burfict has 7 career sacks, 5 forced fumbles, and 5 career interceptions with 0 being TD's. (In 6th season)

I'm 100% with you on Geno being better than Burfict. That said, Burfict's impact goes beyond stats. He's the QB of the defense, you can always rely on him to be in the right spot, and he lifts everyone else's energy level. He's just a natural leader.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 02:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm 100% with you on Geno being better than Burfict. That said, Burfict's impact goes beyond stats. He's the QB of the defense, you can always rely on him to be in the right spot, and he lifts everyone else's energy level. He's just a natural leader.

This what i'm trying to say
Reply/Quote
Burfict would help, but it still falls back on offense.

Right now the offense is near last in the league on total first downs (29th). They have 26 first downs total, while the leaders NE & GB have 54 & 50 respectively. And near last in the league on 3rd down conversion % and bottom third on total 3rd downs made.

What those two stats basically say is the the defense is out there more than they should be because the offense sucks golf balls.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
We sorely miss Andrew Whitworth.
Reply/Quote

While I agree Burfict missing isnt the problem, adding him in does add energy and IMO lifts the defense up an extra level.

Hell when he comes back our Defense could be scoring more then the Offense behind our worst Oline in the league.
Reply/Quote
Can he play offense so we can score points? No? Then he will improve a defense thats playing lightyears better than our offense
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 04:01 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Can he play offense so we can score points? No? Then he will improve a defense thats playing lightyears better than our offense

Put him in at TE. Would definitely make the offense more intimidating. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote