Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Draft
So this loss kind of had me thinking. With an early round pick, compensatory picks from Jones/Sanu, AND whatever value we can get from a McCarron, the Bengals' FO could have a lot of firepower to amass an insane amount of talent.

What round will the compensatory picks come? What could we get out of trading McCarron in the offseason?
Reply/Quote
They are predicting a 4th (Marvin Jones), a 5th (Sanu) and 2 6th's (Nelson and Andre Smith) as comp picks. Not too shabby. And now they are all tradeable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 11:11 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: So this loss kind of had me thinking. With an early round pick, compensatory picks from Jones/Sanu, AND whatever value we can get from a McCarron, the Bengals' FO could have a lot of firepower to amass an insane amount of talent.

What round will the compensatory picks come? What could we get out of trading McCarron in the offseason?

Are you serious? Our first round picks lately take 2-3 years to see duty as backups. Our latest drafts have been poor. To think that they're going to strike gold with compensatory picks...I see no evidence recently that this will happen.
Reply/Quote
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/5/18/11700540/bengals-expected-to-net-4-compensatory-picks-in-2017

Like it says, nobody publicly knows the equation, but I'd assume that with MJ's deal and Sanu's production they're both 4ths and maybe one is a 3rd. I agree though yes the other two are at least 6ths and good point that the picks are able to be dealt.

The impending FA QB's are a weak crop. McCarron is on a super cheap deal and looked good in a sample size, but you get him for one year. That should net you at least a 3rd and maybe a 2nd from a team like Cleveland with his experience in Hue's offense. Maybe you deal some picks up with McCarron for the Philly pick if they sour on Kessler and they get desperate.

I agree though, there is a lot of ammo to use this year. Not only in terms of picks but maybe they actually play the FA market to fill a need (RT?).
Reply/Quote
We're going to get 4 comp picks most likely Jones a 4th, Sanu a 5th, Nelson a 6th, and Lamur a 7th.
Maccaron is interesting I could see us from getting anything from a third to a first and a third. There's a lot working for us one a bad Qb draft class, 2 not much on the market in FA class, 3 Maccaron will be an easy contract negotiation, and 4 teams do stupid stuff for Qbs(that's the biggest ones).
Also another thing that helps us is we have a really good core of guys on this team so it's not like it's a complete rebuild.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:11 AM)J24 Wrote: We're going to get 4 comp picks most likely Jones a 4th,  Sanu a 5th, Nelson a 6th,  and Lamur a 7th.
Maccaron is interesting I could see us from getting anything from a third to a first and a third. There's a lot working for us one a bad Qb draft class, 2 not much on the market in FA class,  3 Maccaron will be an easy contract negotiation, and 4 teams do stupid stuff for Qbs(that's the biggest ones).
Also another thing that helps us is we have a really good core of guys on this team so it's not like it's a complete rebuild.

Yeah, and plus, they could probably afford to bring in an impact FA or two with a few expiring contracts and cuts.  ………LOL.   Sorry, I've had a few beers.  

As for our first, I wouldn't mind seeing Zach Cunningham coming in and playing MLB for us.  Johnathan Allen would be a dream as well if he slipped that far.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:42 AM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, and plus, they could probably afford to bring in an impact FA or two with a few expiring contracts and cuts.  ………LOL.   Sorry, I've had a few beers.  

As for our first, I wouldn't mind seeing Zach Cunningham coming in and playing MLB for us.  Johnathan Allen would be a dream as well if he slipped that far.

I am not even sure they have to really spend "big money" in free agency to help the team. Two guys off my head that shouldn't be to expensive in free agency that  would be great help. Would be Kenny Stills at WR from Miami and DE/DT Jabal shared from New England. Both young and would be great fits for us. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 01:17 AM)J24 Wrote: I am not even sure they have to really spend "big money" in free agency to help the team. Two guys off my head that shouldn't be to expensive in free agency that  would be great help. Would be Kenny Stills at WR from Miami and DE/DT Jabal shared from New England. Both young and would be great fits for us. 

Yeah, the Pats left Sheard behind on their road trip this week.  Sounds like they aren't so high on him anymore.  Screw it, I'd still take him, and the organization here has liked him since he came out of Pitt.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 11:11 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: So this loss kind of had me thinking. With an early round pick, compensatory picks from Jones/Sanu, AND whatever value we can get from a McCarron, the Bengals' FO could have a lot of firepower to amass an insane amount of talent.

The teams drafts of late leave a lot to be desired. If you want to have a really successful draft, the guys you draft have to get on the field and play well when they do. A 2nd round pick can't sit on the bench for 4 years. That's an amazing waste of a pick, especially for a guy who was a project to start with.

We may only get a 4th round offer for McCarron. We'll also need to be looking for a backup QB, unless this Driskel kid has what it takes.

Reply/Quote
Here's our system.

Draft rd 1 red shirt

Rd 2 imply in lineup for a need

Rd 3 probably going to be 5the string then cut

Rd 4 50 % chance of being starter or back end of roster

5that round - will keep and plans within the team, st or elsewhere

Free agency day 1 - sign player on team that they over rate

Day 54 - sign a 35 year old vet on last leg, and start him all season over all draft picks

Any more bums we get, start over draft picks no matter what
Reply/Quote
Our biggest issue is the entire right side of the OL plus the Center have to be replaced. Plus we need new coaches across the board - EVERY coach should be fired and replaced.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 02:26 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Here's our system.  

Draft rd 1 red shirt

Rd 2 imply in lineup for a need

Rd 3 probably going to be 5the string then cut

Rd 4 50 % chance of being starter or back end of roster

5that round - will keep and plans within the team, st or elsewhere

Free agency day 1 - sign player on team that they over rate

Day 54 - sign a 35 year old vet on last leg, and start him all season over all draft picks

Any more bums we get, start over draft picks no matter what

LOL...Spot On. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 01:23 AM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, the Pats left Sheard behind on their road trip this week.  Sounds like they aren't so high on him anymore.  Screw it, I'd still take him, and the organization here has liked him since he came out of Pitt.

Yeah, that coaching staff out there doesn't hold any one accountable....

(Lights fuse.....sneaks out of room.........)
Reply/Quote