Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Annual reminder
(03-10-2022, 01:36 PM)pally Wrote: With the free agency craziness nearly upon us, we need to remember a few things...in no particular order

1) The Bengals do not leak as a rule.  If you hear something sourced as from the Bengals look to see who is reporting it. Leaks will usually come from a player's side.
2) Rumors are rumors not necessarily reality.  
3) Just because you heard a player is interested in the Bengals or the Bengals interested in player, it does not mean the interest is actually mutual (for example Kevin Zeitler did NOT want to come back to Cincinnati last year...money wasn't the issue)
4) The Bengals will not overpay even with lots of cap space
5) your wish list is not the team's.  Those players who were signed over the past 2 seasons weren't on many people's lists but it worked out just fine. (see item 3).  Remember how many wanted Kenny Galliday last season...he was a bust for the Giants
6) Don't freak out if you hear nothing, especially in the tampering period (see item 1) about signees.  
7) Don't freak out if you hear of one of our players going elsewhere.  It turns out that Trey Hendrickson > Carl Lawson and Hilton and Awuzie > Wm Jackson III.  But I will admit I will be sorely disappointed if CJ leaves.  Seeing who moves on could give us hints as to the strategy.
8) The Bengals work on their own time...not ours

Having said that, I look forward to the rumors, freak outs, and overreactions that are bound to dominate the board next week

"4) The Bengals will not overpay even with lots of cap space"

best rule out of the bunch, and im not being sarcastic.

like Trae Waynes, big contract and was always hurt and then when he would play he just totally suck lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:15 AM)Wyche Wrote:

You're a ***** narcotics agent I knew it 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote