Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Two Games...
(09-23-2020, 01:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Two more "winnable" games coming up... @ Philly, and then Jacksonville here.  IMHO, you really couldn't ask for a better stretch of oppenents to start the year (Chargers, Browns, Eagles, Jags).  

Interesting. I actually think Jacksonville is a lot better than that. (Though I agree Philly seems like a very winnable game.)

Their loss last week was a 3 point loss to the Titans who are a very tough team. Don't forget that those Titans beat both the Patriots and Ravens last year in the postseason, only losing to the SB Champ Chiefs. The 9-7 might not seem like much, but it's a bit of a lie because they went 7-3 after starting Tannehill, and now are 11-4 with Tannehill (including playoffs).

-Jags have the 8th scoring offense and 19th scoring defense. 
-Minshew is looking great (75.4% completion, 6 TD/2INT, 115.7 QB Rating).
-Their 2020 UDFA RB is averaging 5.1 YPC and coming off a 100 yard game.
-It's exceedingly predictable that Tyler Eifert will go off on the Bengals.

When I looked at the first four games of the season, I actually saw this one as being the least winnable. I had an optimistic 3-1 prediction with the Jags being that 1 loss before this 0-2 shitshow happened. Don't see any reason to change that now.

Won't be surprised if the Jags are still competing for a wild card this year around Week 16.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm just going to be sick if we lose Sunday, because after this one I don't see many "winnable" games until week 11. Maybe Jacksonville, but as Leonard says above they're looking really good. And it's not like home field advantage means much this year.
Reply/Quote
It all starts up front. Even average blocking and giving Burrow an actual pocket he can step up into will cause those big plays to be a lot more likely and fix the running game. And the DL even ascending to average would stop the ridiculous bleeding out in the run game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t put much in anything until October.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 11:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 0-10 in one score games since the beginning of last year. Almost unheard of. Typically you want to win half of those. 

In the previous 5 years, their record was 16-18-2

If only this staff could get as much out of the team as Dave Shula did out of his much weaker team. Taylor and his boys are truly sad.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote