Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Up, Bengals Have To Cut Salary Cap
kevin Wrote:You put it all together, and I still come back with players getting cut in May to get the 10 Million back is very possible in the original Hobson story.  I guess we find out in May.  Just don't be surprised if " Bengals jettison contracts in May ", as Hobson said March 17th.

I agree. I posted back in March that, no matter his other qualities, when Hobson actually goes on record saying something will happen, it usually does. But I still think the most likely cuts aren't going to add up to $10 million, partly because I can't be bothered to do the math and partly because it'd be so out of character for the Bengals to cut THAT many guys. Some guys are gonna go, though, and we might be surprised who does.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
MJ is an incredible young man and I would hire him in an instance for a management position. He has great leadership skills and a high character human being. But his time has passed and his contract is way too expensive. He should be the first cut in a cap saving effort.

Next, the players on my list from last year's team are Bodine and Dre.

the  Bodine nightmare is finally over.

Dre's contract was a complete waste of money. It still blows my mind that we re-signed Dre to a huge contract and let Whit and Z walk. 

He is a foul committing machine and cannot cover number 1 Wrs 1v1.

Dennard is a much better CB.

I hope signing the two fifth round CBs means Dre might get cut.

I honestly do not see how the two rookies could be any worse than Dre.

Vinne could go but he is a decent backup. Depends on how they view the other younger LBs.  Nick was a disaster last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 11:39 AM)bengals67 Wrote: MJ is an incredible young man and I would hire him in an instance for a management position. He has great leadership skills and a high character human being. But his time has passed and his contract is way too expensive. He should be the first cut in a cap saving effort.

Next, the players on my list from last year's team are Bodine and Dre.

the  Bodine nightmare is finally over.

Dre's contract was a complete waste of money. It still blows my mind that we re-signed Dre to a huge contract and let Whit and Z walk. 

He is a foul committing machine and cannot cover number 1 Wrs 1v1.

Dennard is a much better CB.

I hope signing the two fifth round CBs means Dre might get cut.

I honestly do not see how the two rookies could be any worse than Dre.

Vinne could go but he is a decent backup. Depends on how they view the other younger LBs.  Nick was a disaster last year.

a good amount of Dres flags have been very ticky tacky...  Vinny sucks on the field and should have been gone a while back.

Dennard has developed decently but still hasn't oplayed a ton.

Dre overall hasn't been holding us back
Reply/Quote