Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Next gen Burrow stat..
We got us a problem..
https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1579315489960235008?t=3kNkCgYEXBdHOv_ctKmjxw&s=19
Reply/Quote
Of all the things to worry about Bengals wise Joe is the least of my worries, he'll come around. To much of a competitor not to.

Some of the other stuff ??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:32 AM)Tony Wrote: We got us a problem..
https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1579315489960235008?t=3kNkCgYEXBdHOv_ctKmjxw&s=19

One game is not indicative of a problem. He had a poor game, and really hasn't been great this season but we can't overreact to things like this. Joe spent the better half of 2021 playing fantastic and we all swooned over it. We can't come crashing back to the ground when he has a couple of bad games. If the trend continues throughout the rest of the season, then it is fair to say we have a problem. 
Reply/Quote
I made the mistake of scrolling through the replies to that tweet and now I think I have AIDS.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:37 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: One game is not indicative of a problem. He had a poor game, and really hasn't been great this season but we can't overreact to things like this. Joe spent the better half of 2021 playing fantastic and we all swooned over it. We can't come crashing back to the ground when he has a couple of bad games. If the trend continues throughout the rest of the season, then it is fair to say we have a problem. 
Besides the pick, I didn't think he played this bad. The deep shots just aren't there. I don't think this is a Burrow problem. It's the route tree and wrs not getting open downfield.. It's not like Burrow to not take at least a few shots downfield..I wonder if that steeler game changed some of these downfield shots though...
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I made the mistake of scrolling through the replies to that tweet and now I think I have AIDS.
Ya it made me sick to bro... Lamar was even bigger ass that game..
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:34 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Of all the things to worry about Bengals wise Joe is the least of my worries, he'll come around. To much of a competitor not to.

Some of the other stuff ??

I don't really think it's Joe it's a multiple of things. Biggest is Zac..
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:40 AM)Tony Wrote: Besides the pick, I didn't think he played this bad. The deep shots just aren't there. I don't think this is a Burrow problem. It's the route tree and wrs not getting open downfield.. It's not like Burrow to not take at least a few shots downfield..I wonder if that steeler game changed some of these downfield shots though...

So you, as an OP, really had to start this thread when your most recent post I'm responding to here, seemingly, for the first time actually makes some sense and isn't all gloom and doom? Could your negativity have subsided? I doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 12:01 PM)higgy100 Wrote: So you, as an OP, really had to start this thread when your most recent post I'm responding to here, seemingly, for the first time actually makes some sense and isn't all gloom and doom? Could your negativity have subsided? I doubt it.

Bro we are talking football.. WTF you want me to do? Lie and say Burrow and Zac have been great this year? I wanna them get it fixed.. I just think it's crazy Burrow went from the best deep ball to the bottom of the barrel this year... 
Reply/Quote
Burrow has been off all season. His accuracy is off and his decision making seems slower and much less astute. What I posted in another thread about him repeatedly ignoring or not seeing a wide open Tyler Boyd is just one example.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 12:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: Burrow has been off all season. His accuracy is off and his decision making seems slower and much less astute. What I posted in another thread about him repeatedly ignoring or not seeing a wide open Tyler Boyd is just one example.

I think he's trying to get Chase involved to the detriment of the offense. There is a lot of problems on offense this year. This is just another.. Luckily they can all be fixed.. hopefully
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:37 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: One game is not indicative of a problem. He had a poor game, and really hasn't been great this season but we can't overreact to things like this. Joe spent the better half of 2021 playing fantastic and we all swooned over it. We can't come crashing back to the ground when he has a couple of bad games. If the trend continues throughout the rest of the season, then it is fair to say we have a problem. 

What made him great in 2021 was the long TD's. Take them out, like totally out...and he has a mediocre year and we win 4-5 games.

This year, he's not getting the long TD throws...at all. And it's been a struggle. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:32 AM)Tony Wrote: We got us a problem..

Do you furiously type away on the keyboard, searching the interwebz for negative things to post?

[Image: typing-fast-typing.gif]

P.S. That has been pointed out already, but you think, just now, that "we got us a problem", based on one game. 

[Image: chill-out.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 12:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What made him great in 2021 was the long TD's. Take them out, like totally out...and he has a mediocre year and we win 4-5 games.

This year, he's not getting the long TD throws...at all. And it's been a struggle. 

It has.  And last year - I can name a few flukey type ones.  

The bounce/roll of chase off 3 ravens for like 70 yards. 

The superbowl higgins blatant face mask bomb. 

End of 1H v Green Bay - he threw a pass that was an inch from a pick, that chase luckily ran into for a TD.

A few more I am missing.  

With an improved line, I think we all thought they'd be able to take the same amount of shots tho; even w the changing of D's.  The Cheifs have basically had the best offense in football for 5 years, and they still take shots every quarter. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:38 AM)Tony Wrote: Bro it's a problem with cover 2 lol... Calm down

(10-13-2022, 11:41 AM)Tony Wrote: Ya it made me sick to bro... Lamar was even bigger ass that game..

(10-13-2022, 12:07 PM)Tony Wrote: Bro we are talking football.. WTF you want me to do? Lie and say Burrow and Zac have been great this year? I wanna them get it fixed.. I just think it's crazy Burrow went from the best deep ball to the bottom of the barrel this year... 

[Image: bro-code-bro.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 12:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: bro-code-bro.gif]

It's like when Matt Parker's and Trey Stone's characters made up at the end of BASEketball by just repeatedly saying "Dude" to each other over and over.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 12:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Lol.....  Brooooo

[Image: bro-code-bro.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 12:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Do you furiously type away on the keyboard, searching the interwebz for negative things to post?

[Image: typing-fast-typing.gif]

P.S. That has been pointed out already, but you think, just now, that "we got us a problem", based on one game. 

[Image: chill-out.gif]

Let's be honest here lol.. It's been 5 games maybe more going back to the playoffs...
Reply/Quote
With all the shit Burrow is eating it’s easy to forget that in 2/3 losses he put together game winning drives and gave us the lead that we just couldn’t hold on to at the end

Should we have had more points in these games eliminating the NEED to get one last defensive stop….yes. But Burrow even though not doing his best has managed to keep us in games

And this is with Zac leaving points on the board.

Pitt game Burrow actually gave us TWO chances we just missed the kicks

Dallas Burrow couldn’t lead us to points on the last drive and Dallas ended up kicking a FG

Scored on his last touch in Baltimore. Couldn’t stop them to the last drive

So he’s still got the clutch gene which is encouraging
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 11:42 AM)Tony Wrote: I don't really think it's Joe it's a multiple of things. Biggest is Zac..

The way you named the thread and then lack of any additional context in the OP made it seem like you were indicating Burrow was the problem. 
Reply/Quote