Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next man up
Looks like our team has moved up the ladder a bit.
Not a huge drop off from starter to second subs .
Coaches not holding back players with inferior crap ( PA )
Players that play whistle to whistle.

WHODEY
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry. You failed to use enough football cliche's in your post. Just to help you out here's some updated cliches from the New Yorker magazine..
"Cliché: "These two teammates need to get on the same page."

Update: "These two teammates need to stop creating different Google Docs with the same title."

Cliché: "You've got to take things one game at a time."

Update: "You've got to approach each game like it's an appetizer at a wedding that you brought a date to."

Cliché: "I don't want to throw the coach under the bus, but . . . "

Update: "I don't want to call an Uber during surge pricing on the coach's phone, but . . . "

Cliché: "He's giving it a hundred and ten per cent out there."
Update: "His effort is as maxed out as the inbox of the false e-mail address I give out when I need to write one down to get something for free."

Cliché: "There's no love lost between these two teams."
Update: "These teams have hooked up before, but it wasn't exclusive, and let's just say it didn't t end well."

You get the idea.. Bottom line, we need some new cliches that make even less sense than the old ones...Next man up indeed! Trench warfare generals said similar cliches.. Next man up into the line of fire of machine guns and let's be honest here.. Who wouldn't want to charge into a hail of machine gun bullets armed with only a bolt action rifle? 

I haven't had enough coffee this morning .. I'll get better. I promise. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote