Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next man up: Phillips to Nats
(12-20-2015, 12:21 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Look.  We know this was about money.  The Reds knew he had some leverage.  Reds should have ponied up some money in this deal.  They were lucky they had a buyer in Dusty.  Now what.  Very few teams want Phillip's contract at his age.  Much less give up a lot of prospects for him.

According to ESPN, the problem was that BP wanted a two year extension in order to waive his no trade clause and the Nats wouldn't do it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 10:29 AM)McC Wrote: According to ESPN, the problem was that BP wanted a two year extension in order to waive his no trade clause and the Nats wouldn't do it.

And I don't blame the Nats either. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I read where Phillips "agreed to defferred compensation" when he signed the contract with the Reds, but I don't see how that makes any difference. if he is traded his entire contract goes with him.

The Reds would save millions of dollars by dumping his contract in exchange prospects. Don't know why they would not give a little to make the trade work.
Reply/Quote