Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Total Access- AFCN Draft Grades
Bengals and Browns both got an A, where the Ravens and Steelers both got a B.

It's weird to see, but the Bengals and Browns were the ones that came out ahead in the division.

I still think we made a mistake in not addressing the offensive line more, but there's still free agency.

Thoughts?

(I took a picture but it's too big to attach)
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 10:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Bengals and Browns both got an A, where the Ravens and Steelers both got a B.

It's weird to see, but the Bengals and Browns were the ones that came out ahead in the division.

I still think we made a mistake in not addressing the offensive line more, but there's still free agency.

Thoughts?

(I took a picture but it's too big to attach)

Those are pretty fair grades, IMO, although it was almost impossible for the Browns to not get an A with all those early picks.

It was terrible draft for OL, so I'm glad we didn't waste picks on guys that would've gone a round or two later in even an average year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The players we drafted will be gone in a few years because we wont either: A - play them, or B - pay them. It was only good on paper. Marvin Lewis will kill the hopes and dreams of not only these players, but the fans who think we were steller in the draft. Satan I say, SATAN!

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 11:02 PM)Whatever Wrote: Those are pretty fair grades, IMO, although it was almost impossible for the Browns to not get an A with all those early picks.

It was terrible draft for OL, so I'm glad we didn't waste picks on guys that would've gone a round or two later in even an average year.

Depends.  For the most part I thought they had 2 very questionable picks in the 20s.  I don't see Peppers as a being a sure-fire starter at safety and Njoku is a huge boom or bust type guy.  Just because you have 3 first round picks doesn't mean you should get an automatic A.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 11:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The players we drafted will be gone in a few years because we wont either: A - play them, or B - pay them. It was only good on paper. Marvin Lewis will kill the hopes and dreams of not only these players, but the fans who think we were steller in the draft. Satan I say, SATAN!

On paper is right, there are many instances of high draft picks under performing, and lower picks or un drafteds exceeding expectations.
Performance trumps potential every time.
Reply/Quote