Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next step for NFL Draft is revolutionary
It would turn out like fans voting for Major League Baseball players in all Star game. Populism would elect players instead of talent.

People could spam voting for certain players. Local undrafted players would have edge.

I hope this never happens.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 05:04 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: How does it sound if us fans start to make the picks for the Bengals? We couldn't do any worse could we?  Its an interesting concept, but one I highly doubt comes to fruition, unfortunately. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/fans-making-nfl-draft-picks-next-revolutionary-step-143250299.html

Voting on a UDFA wouldn't be terrible. But other than that we should stay out of it.

Tobin has done a pretty damn good job as of late. Last year our two best picks just got hurt, happens.

I think we draft very well and the scouts do it as their job. They have to study up big time.

Need to get Wolf on our Bengals as a scout though. Cool
Reply/Quote
I think it's a great concept. However, not everyone studies but would select. I don't have time for it, but after a few beers I would be confident and make selections without all the data. Just saying.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There's a real problem with this idea though - the timing. How on earth will this even be possible. They would literally have to end the draft and then what for a set amount of time for the fans to vote before they could allow teams to sign UDFAs. After all, you couldn't vote for a guy that was already signed by another team.

The only way this would work is if the draft ended on Saturday, voting ended Sunday at a set time, and then teams were allowed to start signing free agents.
Reply/Quote