Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next up San Diego
The Oakland game was a good victory for this team opening up on the road in a place the team had never won before. Scratch one team blight off with that win.

But now we have San Diego next and the last time these teams met the Bolts handed the Bengals an embarrassing loss at home in the playoffs.

This won't be a second year QB playing on one of the worst teams in the league. Instead we have Rivers, a crafty QB with some decent weapons and a defense to boot. Rivers is coming off a very good game.

On defense we're going to need to keep that fire going and we'll have to defense the TE position, something we historically have had difficulty with. San Diego is one of those teams that knows how to use a TE very well and even though Gates is suspended, they've got a decent backup at the position. More pressure on the QB would be nice.

On offense, we'll need to keep the diverse play calling and formation going. We'll need to execute well for all 4 quarters to expect to win this game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:39 PM)BengalChris Wrote: On offense, we'll need to keep the diverse play calling and formation going. We'll need to execute well for all 4 quarters to expect to win this game.

...or maybe this time keep pounding the rock 'til the end?
Reply/Quote
A much tougher test than Oakland but I feel good about the matchup. The key will be how our D can handle Ladarius Green and Keenan Allen. I think we have the players to bottle them a lot better than Detroit tried to. Their defence is solid but I wouldn't have said it was anything exceptional. Really should be another win.

Reply/Quote
I like how we match up against them defensively. Woodhead could give us trouble catching passes out of the backfield and having Rivers always gives them a chance to win.

Offensively we need to pound the rock. San Diego has a sneaky good secondary now. Like every game, avoid turnovers and we should have a pretty good shot.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:39 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The Oakland game was a good victory for this team opening up on the road in a place the team had never won before. Scratch one team blight off with that win.

But now we have San Diego next and the last time these teams met the Bolts handed the Bengals an embarrassing loss at home in the playoffs.

This won't be a second year QB playing on one of the worst teams in the league. Instead we have Rivers, a crafty QB with some decent weapons and a defense to boot. Rivers is coming off a very good game.

On defense we're going to need to keep that fire going and we'll have to defense the TE position, something we historically have had difficulty with. San Diego is one of those teams that knows how to use a TE very well and even though Gates is suspended, they've got a decent backup at the position. More pressure on the QB would be nice.

On offense, we'll need to keep the diverse play calling and formation going. We'll need to execute well for all 4 quarters to expect to win this game.

Rivers did have a good game

But, I welcome the day our QB throws 2 picks, one a pick 6 I believe and we say Dalton had a very good game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:39 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The Oakland game was a good victory for this team opening up on the road in a place the team had never won before. Scratch one team blight off with that win.

a Little revenge game and possibly a preview of a playoff game this year.

Ill take the chargers @ our house over theirs anytime though.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Rivers did have a good game

But, I welcome the day our QB throws 2 picks, one a pick 6 I believe and we say Dalton had a very good game.

True..... Very true...    ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I think an important factor will be running the football, as in practically every game.

Against San Diego though in particular, BJGE had success blasting through with the football. This time around we have an even better RB in Hill.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:41 PM)Emphasis Wrote: Against San Diego though in particular, BJGE had success blasting through with the football. This time around we have an even better RB in Hill.
San Diego's defense has improved since the playoff game.

Just saying.

But yeah, when isn't Hill apart of the game plan? lol

(rhetorical question)
Reply/Quote

Picks happen, tipped balls happen, fumbles happen, dropped passes in the endzone happen. They are part of the game. It's how the team responds to those things that matters more. Rivers doesn't really get phased by monkeys in the works and that's one of his traits I like the most.

In any case, this is the next game.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:46 PM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: San Diego's defense has improved since the playoff game.

Just saying.

But yeah, when isn't Hill apart of the game plan? lol

(rhetorical question)

Yeah, both teams certainly have not digressed since then. Although I feel comfortable knowing our offense poses more of a threat this time around, especially with Hill.

Our defense should  be sufficient as well. They're obviously a good team though, and I'm expecting it to be competitive.
Reply/Quote
This game has a huge revenge factor in my mind. I think the guys play with a chip on their shoulder.

SD came into our house and blew up our perfect home record two years ago.

Not this time.
Reply/Quote

The Chargers were down by multiple scores. He threw the INTs in the first half and then proceeded to have this second half of football...

21/23 (91.3% completion), 249 yards, and 2 TD throws. The Chargers had 6 2nd half drives, 1 ended with a Gordon fumble, 1 of them was 2 kneel downs to end the game, and they scored on the other 4, including 3 straight touchdown drives. Such a ridiculous comeback.

Scanning over Andy's multi-INT games, the only things I can think of that were close were either ties or losses.

Against Carolina he threw a pair of picks and then the team had to come from behind and Andy threw a TD pass after that and had a good game overall. Against Chicago in 2013 he threw 2 1st half picks but ended the game with very respectable numbers. I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that Andy had a good game in both of those, so the pick 6 clause isn't in there but the fanbase has given Andy credit when he deserved it, even on the days where he throws some interceptions.

It's not easy to find games that fit the criteria though, as with all NFL QBs, it's not real easy to find games where a guy throws multiple interceptions and ends up having a "good game". I figured I'd try to find some though because there had to be a game or two that fit the bill.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:26 PM)djs7685 Wrote: The Chargers were down by multiple scores. He threw the INTs in the first half and then proceeded to have this second half of football...

21/23 (91.3% completion), 249 yards, and 2 TD throws. The Chargers had 6 2nd half drives, 1 ended with a Gordon fumble, 1 of them was 2 kneel downs to end the game, and they scored on the other 4, including 3 straight touchdown drives. Such a ridiculous comeback.

Scanning over Andy's multi-INT games, the only things I can think of that were close were either ties or losses.

Against Carolina he threw a pair of picks and then the team had to come from behind and Andy threw a TD pass after that and had a good game overall. Against Chicago in 2013 he threw 2 1st half picks but ended the game with very respectable numbers. I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that Andy had a good game in both of those, so the pick 6 clause isn't in there but the fanbase has given Andy credit when he deserved it, even on the days where he throws some interceptions.

It's not easy to find games that fit the criteria though, as with all NFL QBs, it's not real easy to find games where a guy throws multiple interceptions and ends up having a "good game". I figured I'd try to find some though because there had to be a game or two that fit the bill.

There are some like you who do understand more than just a stat line.

The Bucs game a year ago also was a game AD came back.

I agree about Rivers and I said so myself with my original post in this thread.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Well they will be putting a back up against Geno....so thats good.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3h3 hours ago

#Chargers guard DJ Fluker suffered a high-ankle sprain in Sunday’s win over the #Lions. MRI will tell more, but believed to be out 4-6 weeks
Reply/Quote
If we get an early lead, I hope they put their foot on the Charger's throats, no easing up like we have a habit of doing. Payback Time !!!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There are some like you who do understand more than just a stat line.

The Bucs game a year ago also was a game AD came back.

I agree about Rivers and I said so myself with my original post in this thread.

that bucs game he was also puking before the game sick and got an IV at half time...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:43 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: If we get an early lead, I hope they put their foot on the Charger's throats, no easing up like we have a habit of doing. Payback Time !!!

We didn't ease up on the Raiders. You can tell the team wanted more points, disappointed they didn't get them. Even Marvin said as much.

I know it's early, but this team acts like it knows something special is possible this year, and they want it. Listening to Jeremy talk about Andy's leadership on the field didn't sound like regular PC player-talk to appease the front office with the media. He sounded genuine. 

I want to see more PJ Dawson this week though. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:27 PM)Shady Wrote: We didn't ease up on the Raiders. You can tell the team wanted more points, disappointed they didn't get them. Even Marvin said as much.

I know it's early, but this team acts like it knows something special is possible this year, and they want it. Listening to Jeremy talk about Andy's leadership on the field didn't sound like regular PC player-talk to appease the front office with the media. He sounded genuine. 

I want to see more PJ Dawson this week though. 

On offense, maybe.  On defense there was quite a bit of easing up.  Of course that is typically the game plan of any team when up 20+ in the 4th, and yeah, it was mostly backups in there at the end, but they pretty much allowed Oakland to waltz in for those two scores. That said, I hope we have a similar chance to ease up against the Bolts this Sunday.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
Defensively, we have to stop the run. That's what killed us in the playoffs, and that's what will kill any team.

Offensively, establish the run. This will open the field up for Eifert, Jones, and Sanu.

Get Gio the ball in space. He looked remarkably better Sunday then I've seen in a while. He's a playmaker.

Green needs to play better this week. No open drops.

AND NO TURNOVERS.
Reply/Quote