Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next week's trap game
The Ravens fall between the Chargers and the Chiefs. I hope the Bengals aren't looking ahead to the Chiefs. Remember, "Any given Sunday"
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What team dismisses a division rival on the road? You're team is filled with professional players, coaches, and executives, not Jungle Noise. The Bengals will take this game seriously.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What team dismisses a division rival on the road? You're team is filled with professional players, coaches, and executives, not Jungle Noise. The Bengals will take this game seriously.

Really, Pat?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Really, Pat?

Damn it, I used "you're" not "your". 

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Damn it, I used "you're" not "your". 

And you seemingly forgot what forum this is. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And you seemingly forgot what forum this is.

grammar smack, right?

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: grammar smack, right?

Nailed, its.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nailed, its.

Really, Michael Sean?

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Really, Michael Sean?

Ahhhh I forgot the apostrophe.

Reply/Quote
Going to be a tough game. A loss would be crippling to Baltimore's playoff hopes, so you know the zebras will be in full on desperation mode to keep the Ravens from falling to 0-3. Going to be phantom DPI calls all game long.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What team dismisses a division rival on the road?

Ever hear of the Browns?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 11:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: Going to be a tough game.  A loss would be crippling to Baltimore's playoff hopes, so you know the zebras will be in full on desperation mode to keep the Ravens from falling to 0-3.  Going to be phantom DPI calls all game long.

Conspiracy theory!

Shocked

Our pass rush looked flat-out nasty today, and you have to think that we'll come out fired up to get after Joe.

Baltimore's in for a rough season after we go in and hand them their asses because then they need to turn around and go to Pittsburgh on Thursday Night Football on a short week.
Reply/Quote
I never see the Ratbirds as a trap game
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:39 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I never see the Ratbirds as a trap game

Nobody does.  That's why it's in the smack forum.

Reply/Quote
Trap game? Confused

This division is tough no matter the records.

It's going to be a war as are all games in this division.
Hopeful to come out healthy with the win.

*Edit "I bit"
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What team dismisses a division rival on the road? You're team is filled with professional players, coaches, and executives, not Jungle Noise. The Bengals will take this game seriously.

no one i cant see this as a trap game i see it as an oppertunity to really put the ravens back to the wall early in the season...0-3 will be hard to overcome in this division playing the diviisons we do play this year.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens aren't ever a trap game. Marvin and the boys know they are essentially fighting for their season. If they start 0-3 (and the Bengals start 3-0) and all 3 losses are to AFC teams, their chances are extremely slim to do anything this year.

The Bengals need to see this as a chance to bury Baltimore and not let up. Their defense is trash and if the offensive line doesn't let them dictate the tempo and get the crowd to rattle Andy and company, there isn't a single aspect of the game they are better than us at.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The Ravens fall between the Chargers and the Chiefs.  I hope the Bengals aren't looking ahead to the Chiefs.  Remember, "Any given Sunday"

I agree they will be easy to overlook, but I think Marvin will remind them that even thought the Bengals are far superior anything can happen. Given their best receiving threat is an 82 year old midget, their lead rusher is averaging around 55 yards a game at under 4 YPC, their QB has a passer rating of around 75 and their D just surrendered 37 points to a team we didn't even let on our side of the field until late in the game, but it is a divisional game. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 06:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree they will be easy to overlook, but I think Marvin will remind them that even thought the Bengals are far superior anything can happen. Given their best receiving threat is an 82 year old midget, their lead rusher is averaging around 55 yards a game at under 4 YPC, their QB has a passer rating of around 75 and their D just surrendered 37 points to a team we didn't even let on our side of the field until late in the game, but it is a divisional game. 

In the end it's on Marvin to find a way to convince the team that the Ravens aren't akin to a bye week, and that Flacco isn't playing Alex Smith on the scout team.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: In the end it's on Marvin to find a way to convince the team that the Ravens aren't akin to a bye week, and that Flacco isn't playing Alex Smith on the scout team.

And that's the part that should worry any Bengal fan!
Reply/Quote