Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nfl Sirius xm fan draft
Today was the fans mock draft. Listeners signed up and were selected ahead of time to make picks. I hope he's not a member of these boards. The picks went like this.
Az bosa
Sf j Allen
Jets Williams
Oak d white
Tb Christian Wilkins
Giants juwann Taylor
Jax Montez sweat
Det Brian burns
Bills tj Hockenson
Den Ed Oliver
Bengals
Pass on bush, Dillard, Jonah Williams, kyler Murray and take...
Haskins

Boo. You're fired. Please no qb
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 05:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Today was the fans mock draft.  Listeners signed up and were selected ahead of time to make picks.  I hope he's not a member of these boards.  The picks went like this.
Az bosa
Sf j Allen
Jets Williams
Oak d white
Tb Christian Wilkins
Giants juwann Taylor
Jax Montez sweat
Det Brian burns
Bills tj Hockenson
Den Ed Oliver
Bengals
Haskins

Boo.  You're fired.  Please no qb

The dude had no clue. Asked why we didn't go tackle he said "we signed some players and hopefully Billy Price is healthy". When asked why Haskins over Murray he said "I'm short and even I don't like short people" 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If haskins or murray are there and we dont take one of them I would be pissed. Not sure why you guys would be salty if we took haskins. In this mock devin white is gone, all the best pass rushers and the best offensive tackle is gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 09:47 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: If haskins or murray are there and we dont take one of them I would be pissed. Not sure why you guys would be salty if we took haskins. In this mock devin white is gone, all the best pass rushers and the best offensive tackle is gone.

Because I think the bengals have more holes to fill than taking a qb who will sit for a year. I’d rather see them go qb next year.

Plus if you would have heard the guy he came across as not knowing much about the team anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Haskins is falling down the boards for a reason. I want no part of him. I get the OSU fans being homers but I just don't think he is that good and we have more important things to address.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 09:58 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Because I think the bengals have more holes to fill than taking a qb who will sit for a year.  I’d rather see them go qb next year.

Plus if you would have heard the guy he came across as not knowing much about the team anyway

We def got a lot of holes and bigger holes...but when andy has 2 years left and there is a qb with the potential of haskins you take him.  People look back at john ross pick like we missed out on mahomes...andy still had 4 years on his deal at that time.  There was no real scenario where we would have taken mahomes but looking back now I bet everybody is wishing we took him.

Ps I am no osu homer.  I absolutely hate pretty much every team in the big 10.  Every team in big 10 is so ovverated in the standings every year despite playing nobody and being mediocre.
Reply/Quote
Mahomes can run the ball and is mobile.  He can make every throw. Hindsight is easy but forecasting is  much harder. I think Haskins goes in the 15-20 range
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 11:59 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Mahomes can run the ball and is mobile.  He can make every throw. Hindsight is easy but forecasting is  much harder. I think Haskins goes in the 15-20 range

I def wasnt trying to compare Haskins to Mahomes, Mahomes is possibly the best qb in nfl already and Haskins hasnt even taken a snap yet.  I was just trying to say if Haskins turns into a great qb nobody is gonna look back at this draft and say boy we had bigger needs than qb.  If there is a franchise qb there at #11 I wouldent pass it up. I dont know if Haskins will turn out to be a great qb but I really like his skiillset and think he got a good chance to be special.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 09:47 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: If haskins or murray are there and we dont take one of them I would be pissed.  Not sure why you guys would be salty if we took haskins.  In this mock devin white is gone, all the best pass rushers and the best offensive tackle is gone.

I would only be "salty" taking Haskins if Murray were still on the board. 

BTW, I hope it wasn't you that made the pick on air. They clowned him the rest of the day.

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 11:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I would only be "salty" taking Haskins if Murray were still on the board. 

BTW, I hope it wasn't you that made the pick on air. They clowned him the rest of the day.

lol i wouldent be caught dead calling into any podcast or whatever this was.  I watch more college football than anyone I know and follow the draft like crazy every year.  I would like to think I would explain my reasoning behind a pick a little better than this dude seemed to.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 04:38 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: lol i wouldent be caught dead calling into any podcast or whatever this was.  I watch more college football than anyone I know and follow the draft like crazy every year.  I would like to think I would explain my reasoning behind a pick a little better than this dude seemed to.

He knew one OT and only knew his last name "Taylor"

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 11:16 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Haskins is falling down the boards for a reason. I want no part of him. I get the OSU fans being homers but I just don't think he is that good and we have more important things to address.

I agree CloeHokie. Haskins isn't good when he cannot set his feet either.

In this situation we should take Jonah Williams, Devin Bush or Christian Wilkins IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree CloeHokie. Haskins isn't good when he cannot set his feet either.

In this situation we should take Jonah Williams, Devin Bush or Christian Wilkins IMO.

Neither are 99% of the other qb's on the planet.  There have maybe been a handful of qb's in the last 20 years in the NFL who were magicians.  Pat Mahomes has people thinking that every qb should be able to do that.   Haskins has above average anticipation with only 1 year starting.  He has above average accuracy and elite arm talent.  I get why he could drop, 1 year qb's are scary.  I've been a gambler all my life and I would have no problem rolling the dice on this kid.  Especially when my other choices are Devin Bush or Christian Wilkins.  Take Haskins 100 out of 100 times.  If Devin White is there now that would be a real dilemma and would not complain with either guy.
Reply/Quote
I guess we just agree to not agree. I also watch a ton of football and I do not think he is going to be a good NFL QB. Of course he could prove me wrong but its just my gut telling me. Not a lot of time in college to watch tape and he needs a good pocket. We will see how it pans out. The only 1st round pick I was actually mad about in a while was Ross because of all of his injury concerns. So I have some faith that we will make a pick that wont have me pulling my hair out. Taking a QB would not help us win right now either. We are close to the end of AJ Green's career and have a great RB. Upgrading either of the lines or getting help at LB is a more pressing need. We can grab a QB later or wait til there is a better class. If Haskins were in last years group of QBs no way he would go in the 1st.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 07:59 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I guess we just agree to not agree. I also watch a ton of football and I do not think he is going to be a good NFL QB. Of course he could prove me wrong but its just my gut telling me. Not a lot of time in college to watch tape and he needs a good pocket. We will see how it pans out. The only 1st round pick I was actually mad about in a while was Ross because of all of his injury concerns. So I have some faith that we will make a pick that wont have me pulling my hair out.  Taking a QB would not help us win right now either. We are close to the end of AJ Green's career and have a great RB. Upgrading either of the lines or getting help at LB is a more pressing need. We can grab a QB later or wait til there is a better class. If Haskins were in last years group of QBs no way he would go in the 1st.
Oh I understand.  I dont know if haskins will be a great qb or not.  I just like his skillset.  Only time will tell what kind of nfl player he will be.  I not only like haskins, I think this is the perfect year to get one if haskins is avail.  The way this team builds through draft and only shops bargin bin for fa if we pay andy 25+ mil in 2 years it will take amazing drafts to have a great team.  We can trade andy next offseason and still get something in return while handing it over to haskins.  I agree that we have huge holes elsewhere but elite qb trumps everything for me.  I think this is a good draft to get a few good olineman in the mid rounds and we can use 2nd rounder on mack wilson and get a guy like cashman or burr kirvin in the 5th.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 05:56 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Neither are 99% of the other qb's on the planet.  There have maybe been a handful of qb's in the last 20 years in the NFL who were magicians.  Pat Mahomes has people thinking that every qb should be able to do that.   Haskins has above average anticipation with only 1 year starting.  He has above average accuracy and elite arm talent.  I get why he could drop, 1 year qb's are scary.  I've been a gambler all my life and I would have no problem rolling the dice on this kid.  Especially when my other choices are Devin Bush or Christian Wilkins.  Take Haskins 100 out of 100 times.  If Devin White is there now that would be a real dilemma and would not complain with either guy.

With our O-line problems it will not matter who the QB is, atleast Murray can run for his life. Haskins cannot.

Take care of the O-line, next Draft will be a much better QB class. Grab one then early.

Dalton is going to have his best season barring injuries THIS year. Watch for it with an offensive minded coach in Taylor.

(04-20-2019, 07:59 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I guess we just agree to not agree. I also watch a ton of football and I do not think he is going to be a good NFL QB. Of course he could prove me wrong but its just my gut telling me. Not a lot of time in college to watch tape and he needs a good pocket. We will see how it pans out. The only 1st round pick I was actually mad about in a while was Ross because of all of his injury concerns. So I have some faith that we will make a pick that wont have me pulling my hair out. Taking a QB would not help us win right now either. We are close to the end of AJ Green's career and have a great RB. Upgrading either of the lines or getting help at LB is a more pressing need. We can grab a QB later or wait til there is a better class. If Haskins were in last years group of QBs no way he would go in the 1st.

I agree although i didn't mind the Ross pick at all. Actually wanted the guy, too bad the injuries lingered but he might have his break out year this year and be that electric player i always thought he could be. With Taylor now here i think our Offense will be very good as long as we take care of the O-line.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With our O-line problems it will not matter who the QB is, atleast Murray can run for his life. Haskins cannot.

Take care of the O-line, next Draft will be a much better QB class. Grab one then early.

Dalton is going to have his best season barring injuries THIS year. Watch for it with an offensive minded coach in Taylor.

I agree although i didn't mind the Ross pick at all. Actually wanted the guy, too bad the injuries lingered but he might have his break out year this year and be that electric player i always thought he could be. With Taylor now here i think our Offense will be very good as long as we take care of the O-line.
Im not one to wait until next year when there is a guy right now that I like.  To get herbert and tua we might have to have pick #1 or #2 or 1 of them may fall off.  If a qb you think could be elite is there now you take him rather than say there could be somebody there next year.  These down years is about to turn into a down decade soon.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 09:58 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Because I think the bengals have more holes to fill than taking a qb who will sit for a year.  I’d rather see them go qb next year.

What is the purpose of filling holes this year if we're still bad enough next year that we are in a position to take a QB in the 2020 draft?

Or are you saying we should trade up next year for a QB? Because I wouldn't trust Mikey to do that at all.

If a legit QB is available, I don't know why you wouldn't take them this year. QB contracts are longer than 1 year. We can fill those same exact holes next year, if they still exist.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 07:48 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Im not one to wait until next year when there is a guy right now that I like.  To get herbert and tua we might have to have pick #1 or #2 or 1 of them may fall off.  If a qb you think could be elite is there now you take him rather than say there could be somebody there next year.  These down years is about to turn into a down decade soon.

Key being that "you like". His draft stock is sinking. Perhaps all false reporting as we often see at this time but I am sticking with my gut. If Haskins was in the same class as last year there is no scenario where he would be a top 15 pick. I see him going 12-20 as I hope we do not take that gamble. If we do I will put the chips in on him don't get me wrong. I just do not see enough of him making plays on his own and excelling at the next level. And I do agree that if our team and scouts agree they think he is the "Guy" then we should pull the trigger, however I do not think that is the case
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 05:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Today was the fans mock draft.  Listeners signed up and were selected ahead of time to make picks.  I hope he's not a member of these boards.  The picks went like this.
Az bosa
Sf j Allen
Jets Williams
Oak d white
Tb Christian Wilkins
Giants juwann Taylor
Jax Montez sweat
Det Brian burns
Bills tj Hockenson
Den Ed Oliver
Bengals
Haskins

Boo.  You're fired.  Please no qb

Someone really went Christian Wilkins over Ed Oliver? I like Wilkins a lot but wow that's unexpected.

Of the guys listed that were available for the Bengals, I would have gone Jonah. But I've been a big Jonah supporter for awhile now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote