Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ngakoue traded to Ravens...what could Bengals' players fetch?
Yannick Ngakoue was just traded from MIN to BAL for a 2021 3rd rounder and conditional 2022 5th rounder. Ngakoue is set to hit FA this coming offseason, so it's just a half-year rental.
How do you think that affects the Bengals' likelihood of trading high-priced veterans like Green, Dunlap, and Atkins?

Note that Ngakoue has 5.0 sacks out of 6 games this season, which is good production. The Bengals' veterans, thus far, have probably had their value take a hit based on their production this year.

As such, I don't think Green would get more than a 4th rounder. I think Dunlap and Atkins MAY be able to get a 3rd rounder because the team that would get them would have Dunlap through 2021 and Atkins through 2022. With that said, I think a 4th rounder is probably the highest for them given their age and lack of production this year so far.

Should the Bengals consider trading a younger guy like Lawson if they don't plan on re-signing him? He's leading the team in sacks but is in a contract year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is he the guy that demanded out of Jacksonville? I wonder why they traded him so quickly. Smells like an attitude problem but maybe Vikings realize it’s a lost year.

Unfortunately I don’t think any of our vets are going to net high picks due to a few reasons. Large contracts, lack of production, could be free agents at the end of the year. None of them have been impactful enough like Ngakoue has to warrant a trade right now IMO.
Reply/Quote
Kinda have to be concerned when you see a guy get traded multiple times in this short of a time frame, especially since he was being productive in Minnesota.

I do agree it would be nice to see the Bengals start to make some moves though.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ravens are also adding Dez Bryant to their practice squad if he passes his physical

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Jurell Casey was traded for a 7th RD pick and Calais Campbell was traded for a 5th. That is what you are getting for Geno and Dunlap.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Is he the guy that demanded out of Jacksonville? I wonder why they traded him so quickly. Smells like an attitude problem but maybe Vikings realize it’s a lost year.

Unfortunately I don’t think any of our vets are going to net high picks due to a few reasons. Large contracts, lack of production, could be free agents at the end of the year. None of them have been impactful enough like Ngakoue has to warrant a trade right now IMO.

Vikings are 1-5 and Ngakoue was only on a 1-year deal.
Seems like they brought him in as that final piece to get to the Super Bowl, but instead they likely won't make playoffs.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It's worth noting that guys like Atkins and Dunlap can only return a 5th round comp pick at max btw, as they all fall under this rule...

If a player has accrued 10+ years in the league and is over the age of 30, the team is not awarded higher than a 5th round compensatory pick for letting that player go.

Remember, we saw this exact thing happen with Whitworth. Hope they don't make the same mistake with Green, Atkins, and Dunlap.

I'm not sure if AJ Green falls into the same category because he didn't play a snap in 2019, and as such I don't know if they count that as a year of accrual. But if it does count, he'll also fall into this category, as he's been in league since 2011.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Very depressing to.see teams like the Ravens making
Moves to.get better when they are a playoff lock.
Meanwhile the Bengals are burning as Nero Mike Brown
And his coffee fetcher Duke Tobin watch.
Then.you have a Starbucks manager talking about culture
Change and losing 1 score games
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth noting that guys like Atkins and Dunlap can only return a 5th round comp pick at max btw, as they all fall under this rule...

If a player has accrued 10+ years in the league and is over the age of 30, the team is not awarded higher than a 5th round compensatory pick for letting that player go.

Remember, we saw this exact thing happen with Whitworth. Hope they don't make the same mistake with Green, Atkins, and Dunlap.

I'm not sure if AJ Green falls into the same category because he didn't play a snap in 2019, and as such I don't know if they count that as a year of accrual. But if it does count, he'll also fall into this category, as he's been in league since 2011.

If they release Dunlap and Atkins then there not getting anything for him it only counts for real free agents.
And yes Green will only net them a 5th rd Comp maybe even less do to his contract that he will sign next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Changes nothing as far as the Bengals trade value. They are worth very little. The biggest thing would be shedding of the contracts. Even a 5th-7th rounder are rarely day one starters. Considering how bare the cupboard is, I'd say take the best offer you've got, on trade day morning, then have a fire sale at noon...but that's just me.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth noting that guys like Atkins and Dunlap can only return a 5th round comp pick at max btw, as they all fall under this rule...

They do not get comp picks if the player is released.  They only get comp picks if the player's contract expires. That won't happen for Dunlap until after the 2021 season and Geno until after 2022 season.  No way is the team holding onto both of them for that long

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Vikings are 1-5 and Ngakoue was only on a 1-year deal.
Seems like they brought him in as that final piece to get to the Super Bowl, but instead they likely won't make playoffs.

Ah I didn’t realize it was a one year deal. Makes perfect sense to ship him out and get what they can then.
Reply/Quote
I think Atkins is worth a 5th rounder, maybe. Dunlap maybe a 6th rounder. Green perhaps a 4th rounder, could be a 3rd if he ramps up the production leading into the trade deadline.

We're probably better off just cutting Atkins and Dunlap because their contracts are going to be incredibly hard to trade, especially when you pair them with the lack of production the length of their contracts may be seen as a con more than a pro to the person picking up the contract.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:33 PM)J24 Wrote: If they release Dunlap and Atkins then there not getting anything for him it only counts for real free agents.
And yes Green will only net them a 5th rd Comp maybe even less do to his contract that he will sign next season.

I was implying the Bengals holding onto them through their contracts, not that they would get a comp pick if they release them.
I know that they don't get a comp pick for player that is released.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If you want max value for these players, you need to talk to the players and make sure they understand where things are, and then come out and openly state that Geno, Carlos and A.J. 100% are available. Then you work the phones, create competition and make the moves.

Of course, this is the move of a front office that has a clue, which...well yeah we know how that is around here.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Atkins is worth a 5th rounder, maybe. Dunlap maybe a 6th rounder. Green perhaps a 4th rounder, could be a 3rd if he ramps up the production leading into the trade deadline.

We're probably better off just cutting Atkins and Dunlap because their contracts are going to be incredibly hard to trade, especially when you pair them with the lack of production the length of their contracts may be seen as a con more than a pro to the person picking up the contract.

Green would have to have consistently good (75+ yards) production the next 2 weeks IMO.
But if he does that, it may make the Bengals think he's worth keeping too.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:36 PM)pally Wrote: They do not get comp picks if the player is released.  They only get comp picks if the player's contract expires. That won't happen for Dunlap until after the 2021 season and Geno until after 2022 season.  No way is the team holding onto both of them for that long

I know that they only get comp picks after their contract expires.

My point of mentioning comp picks was if they think they'll get more in comp picks if they hold onto them vs trading them is that the best they can get is a pick at the end of the 5th round, of which will be a year after their contract ends.

So for Dunlap, the best comp pick they could get is 5th rounder in 2022.
For Atkins, the best comp pick they could get is a 5th rounder in 2023.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
While we list Geno, AJ and Carlos as trade candidates, why isn't Alexander on the list?

He's on a one year deal and has looked pretty solid. I would guess we aren't going to resign him, after this bad of a season you have to imagine FA's will be looking to go elsewhere.

Of all the trade pieces we have, he actually might have the most value.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 02:01 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While we list Geno, AJ and Carlos as trade candidates, why isn't Alexander on the list?

He's on a one year deal and has looked pretty solid. I would guess we aren't going to resign him, after this bad of a season you have to imagine FA's will be looking to go elsewhere.

Of all the trade pieces we have, he actually might have the most value.

Why wasn't Alexander listed? Because I forgot about him lol.
He absolutely should be too. He's a good slot CB and just on a 1-year deal.
That would allow Phillips to be full-time starter at slot CB (his best position) and let Sims go through growing pains on the outside.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 12:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yannick Ngakoue was just traded from MIN to BAL for a 2021 3rd rounder and conditional 2022 5th rounder. Ngakoue is set to hit FA this coming offseason, so it's just a half-year rental.
How do you think that affects the Bengals' likelihood of trading high-priced veterans like Green, Dunlap, and Atkins?

Note that Ngakoue has 5.0 sacks out of 6 games this season, which is good production. The Bengals' veterans, thus far, have probably had their value take a hit based on their production this year.

As such, I don't think Green would get more than a 4th rounder. I think Dunlap and Atkins MAY be able to get a 3rd rounder because the team that would get them would have Dunlap through 2021 and Atkins through 2022. With that said, I think a 4th rounder is probably the highest for them given their age and lack of production this year so far.

Should the Bengals consider trading a younger guy like Lawson if they don't plan on re-signing him? He's leading the team in sacks but is in a contract year.

Would trade Green, Dunlap and Geno to get 2 more 4th round picks no problem.

I would not trade Lawson, I would sign him to an extension as he has finally started to stay healthy and is in his prime.

Finally got decent at stopping the run to boot. Think it is the wrong time to move on from him.
Reply/Quote