Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ngakoue traded to Ravens...what could Bengals' players fetch?
Can we please trade for some o lineman???
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Very depressing to.see teams like the Ravens making
Moves to.get better when they are a playoff lock.
Meanwhile the Bengals are burning as Nero Mike Brown
And his coffee fetcher Duke Tobin watch.
Then.you have a Starbucks manager talking about culture
Change and losing 1 score games
Bengals don't care about winning
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:08 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I do agree it would be nice to see the Bengals start to make some moves though.

There's not enough Metamucil, Colace, Miralax, and Dulcolax in the greater Cincinnati area to make the Front Office experience any sort of movement.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think they should bring in Spain at RG for free.

I was thinking what they could get with Geno, as he has two years left on contract. I think if healthy for the next couple games, he could get 3rd rounder. Dunlap has only one year left on contract so maybe 3rd or 4th. Ross maybe would garner 5-6th rounder because of his speed, youth, and target to TD ratio. AJ Green maybe 4-5th due to age, lack of production (besides Colts game), and lingering health issues.

So if the odds favored the Bengals (which they usually don't), if they could get with the right trading partners, next draft could look pretty good:
1A
2A
3A
3B
3C
4A
4B
5A
5B
6A
7A
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 02:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There's not enough Metamucil, Colace, Miralax, and Dulcolax in the greater Cincinnati area to make the Front Office experience any sort of movement.

Get'em some prune juice! Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:08 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Kinda have to be concerned when you see a guy get traded multiple times in this short of a time frame, especially since he was being productive in Minnesota.

I do agree it would be nice to see the Bengals start to make some moves though.

I think they are gonna fire Zimmer and fire sale. At least that's the rumors...
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: Ravens are also adding Dez Bryant to their practice squad if he passes his physical

Looks they are going all in to tighten the gap with KC.. IDK though I think Bell is gonna ball out in that offense. I could see them running the table..
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 02:18 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Can we please trade for some o lineman???

The problem is no one has any decent lineman just sitting around.. It's hard enough to get 5 quality starters...
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 03:46 PM)Tony Wrote: I think they are gonna fire Zimmer and fire sale. At least that's the rumors...

If thats the case I would bring back Zim in an instant, but also would really like to just go new and bring in Wade Phillips.
Reply/Quote
As I and so many have said, for at team that builds through the draft, they suck at stockpiling picks. Cleveland would have cleaned up by trading our aged vets for example. The Family just doesn't know what they are doing when it comes to these things.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 05:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: As I and so many have said, for at team that builds through the draft, they suck at stockpiling picks. Cleveland would have cleaned up by trading our aged vets for example. The Family just doesn't know what they are doing when it comes to these things.

Cleveland has not had a single winning season in 13 years.

They are proof that it is stupid to constantly trade players away 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 07:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cleveland has not had a single winning season in 13 years.

They will probably have one this year.

Reply/Quote
To me I just don't see much trade value in Atkins or Dunlap. They aren't really producing this year. They have large contracts. It's basically cut them or hope they produce. They are both playing for their next contract and it's looking like it won't be a lucrative one for either.

Best we can do is keep doing what we're doing. Even if a team were willing to take on their salary, a 5th round pick won't really help us out all that much. It'd be nice to see Atkins get healthy as we need the bodies at DT.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 07:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They will probably have one this year.

So one winning season in 14years.

What does that sya about the way the organization is run?
Reply/Quote
I just hope this past offseason was indicative of things to come. Wouldn't you love to see this team be proactive and trade AJ and Geno for some draft picks. Trade Ross to whoever for an Olineman. I'm just making stuff up but damn quit running this thing like you have for 30 years with nothing but ho-hum results.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 08:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So one winning season in 14years.

What does that sya about the way the organization is run?

Well, some of the players they traded away turned into assets that are currently on a 4-2 team. So I don’t think it’s as black and white as you’re suggesting as far as “proof” that trading away players doesn’t help.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 07:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cleveland has not had a single winning season in 13 years.

Trading is only half of it. You have to draft well. And they blew multiple first round picks for back to back to back to back years. So that's that.

But no question Cleveland showed the ability to stockpile picks if you want to build from the draft. And they've shown they can trade players.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 02:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would trade Green, Dunlap and Geno to get 2 more 4th round picks no problem.

I would not trade Lawson, I would sign him to an extension as he has finally started to stay healthy and is in his prime.

Finally got decent at stopping the run to boot. Think it is the wrong time to move on from him.

Nothing
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Geno is a desicion best left to the early off-season not mid-season unless they get a ridiculous offer. His high cap hit will limit which teams and get him and he needs to show a little before becoming valuable enough.

Geno will likely get more snaps as he heals and the season goes on to raise his value and during the offseason teams will be more likely to take on a contract of his size if he still has value.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth noting that guys like Atkins and Dunlap can only return a 5th round comp pick at max btw, as they all fall under this rule...

If a player has accrued 10+ years in the league and is over the age of 30, the team is not awarded higher than a 5th round compensatory pick for letting that player go.

Remember, we saw this exact thing happen with Whitworth. Hope they don't make the same mistake with Green, Atkins, and Dunlap.

I'm not sure if AJ Green falls into the same category because he didn't play a snap in 2019, and as such I don't know if they count that as a year of accrual. But if it does count, he'll also fall into this category, as he's been in league since 2011.

You're not going to get any comp picks for them though if you are spending big in free agency, which everyone here seems to agree is a must in order to fix the O-line.

The way you manage this is to have splurges in free agency in say even years and let players walk in odd years. Players who would attract a compensation pick in an even year instead of being allowed to hit free agency would be traded to a team who would be able to claim that compensatory pick.

(10-22-2020, 01:36 PM)Destro Wrote: Changes nothing as far as the Bengals trade value. They are worth very little. The biggest thing would be shedding of the contracts. Even a 5th-7th rounder are rarely day one starters. Considering how bare the cupboard is, I'd say take the best offer you've got, on trade day morning, then have a fire sale at noon...but that's just me.

You don't collect 5th-7th round picks expecting day one starters. You collect them in the hope of finding a starter in year 3. By that stage it's a numbers game so the more lottery tickets you have, the greater the chance of winning.
Reply/Quote