Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Dalton article
I usually can't stand bleacher report, but I thought this was a nice article on Dalton. We can debate for hours, days, months and years about what he is, was and what he may become. But we can't deny the greatness we have seen out of him so far this season. Here's to him keeping this up throughout the season and deep into the playoffs, eventually culminating into a super bowl victory for this franchise and this city.

Enjoy the read and WHO DEY?!

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2574003-cincinnati-bengals-andy-dalton-wont-fold-in-the-playoffs-this-year?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national?is_shared=true

Cincinnati Bengals' Andy Dalton Won't Fold in the Playoffs This Year
Patrick Semansky/Associated Press
Mike
Freeman
Oct 2, 2015

Have you noticed Andy Dalton lately?

No, not the playoff-choking Dalton. I think that Dalton is dead. Not the Dalton who quarterbacks for the Bengals. We used to know them as the Bungles. The paper-bag franchise. That image is also old, deader than dial-up.

Have you noticed Andy Dalton lately? Careful if you read further, because it might not fit the narrative you want to see—or the one you've always believed. That's the sucker narrative. The false narrative. A narrative I always believed until now.

As this season has unfolded, one of the most dramatic—largely unnoticed outside of Cincinnati—transformations has been Dalton. It's true Dalton has always been good in the regular season. He has a .649 career regular-season winning percentage. But after the opening three games, he's been better than ever. Outside of dudes named Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers, he's played the position as well as anyone.

Andy Dalton by the numbers
Winning% Cmp% Yards/G TDs/G INTs/G Rating
2011-14 regular seasons .633 61.6 230.6 1.55 1.03 85.2
2015 regular season 1.000 66.3 288.7 2.67 0.33 121.0
Career playoffs .000 55.7 218.3 0.25 1.50 57.8
Pro-Football-Reference.com

This is where the haters warp in (and I was one of them) with Dalton's being 0-4 in the playoffs with one touchdown and six interceptions.

What I'm seeing now from Dalton, however, is rapid growth in this young season. I'm not the only one around the league seeing it.

"For whatever reason," said one NFC team executive, "he looks like a different guy. This is the best Dalton we've ever seen."

Some of the quarterback play from Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Cam Newton, among others, has been so outstanding, it has overshadowed Dalton. The Bengals are an afterthought to many in the league, potential fodder for the Foxborough-ed Patriots in the postseason.

The Bengals are a quiet 3-0, but if Dalton's play continues, it won't stay quiet. The Bengals will be that team no one wants to play in the postseason, including the Patriots.

I want you to pay close attention to these numbers. Last week, Dalton passed for a career-high 383 yards with three passing touchdowns and a rushing one. His passer rating was 122.3.

Dalton has three consecutive games with at least a 115 rating.

Watch Dalton on tape and what you see is refinement. Cleaner throwing motion, more elasticity and a level of increased athleticism. Faster feet, faster throws, more accuracy. It's all there. (He also looks leaner for some reason.)

When asked this week at his press conference why he's had such a hot start, the best start of his career, Dalton said:

"Yeah, I mean, it's another year. I feel more comfortable. I feel really good where we are right now. We've done some good things, but it's just the beginning. We've got to keep it going, we've got to keep playing well and keep finding ways to win. But I think we've put ourselves in a good spot right now. "

The Bengals started 3-0 last year, then went 0-2-1 in their next three. Dalton says this isn't that team, and I believe him:

"It's a new year, it's a new team. We feel like we've got the right mentality, and so we've got to do whatever it takes to not let anything slip. I think it's just the way that we're being coached, the way that Marvin [Lewis]'s doing things, and offensively Hue [Jackson]'s doing things. I know Paulie [defensive coordinator Paul Guenther] is going to be doing things with the defense. I think that our mindset is, we're not satisfied with where we are. It's only three games into the season, we're on our fourth game. That's the attitude you have to have."

We have become so used to Dalton and the Bengals being, well, Dalton and the Bengals, it's hard to see Dalton as someone who can make a Super Bowl. Not saying he will, but with some of the weapons around him and a vastly underrated defense, such an achievement isn't a universe away.

I don't trust any team to travel to New England and win in the title game, but I'm beginning to think Dalton and the Bengals are the best option.

Dalton and A.J. Green are clicking like Matt Ryan and Julio Jones or Brady and Rob Gronkowski. The Dalton-Green connection was the reason they beat Baltimore 28-24 and sent the Ravens to 0-3. In effect, Dalton buried one of his biggest division rivals, and the other, the Steelers, lost Ben Roethlisberger for likely at least a month. The division is Cincinnati's to lose.

And the Bengals won't lose it because this is a different Dalton. You can see it.

Few have, but they will soon. The entire NFL will.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 11:37 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I usually can't stand bleacher report, but I thought this was a nice article on Dalton.  We can debate for hours, days, months and years about what he is, was and what he may become. But we can't deny the greatness we have seen out of him so far this season. Here's to him keeping this up throughout the season and deep into the playoffs, eventually culminating into a super bowl victory for this franchise and this city.

Enjoy the read and WHO DEY?!

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2574003-cincinnati-bengals-andy-dalton-wont-fold-in-the-playoffs-this-year?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national?is_shared=true

Cincinnati Bengals' Andy Dalton Won't Fold in the Playoffs This Year
Patrick Semansky/Associated Press
Mike
Freeman
Oct 2, 2015

No, not the playoff-choking Dalton. I think that Dalton is dead. Not the Dalton who quarterbacks for the Bengals. We used to know them as the Bungles. The paper-bag franchise. That image is also old, deader than dial-up.

Have you noticed Andy Dalton lately? Careful if you read further, because it might not fit the narrative you want to see—or the one you've always believed. That's the sucker narrative. The false narrative. A narrative I always believed until now.

As this season has unfolded, one of the most dramatic—largely unnoticed outside of Cincinnati—transformations has been Dalton. It's true Dalton has always been good in the regular season. He has a .649 career regular-season winning percentage. But after the opening three games, he's been better than ever. Outside of dudes named Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers, he's played the position as well as anyone.

Andy Dalton by the numbers
Winning% Cmp% Yards/G TDs/G INTs/G Rating
2011-14 regular seasons .633 61.6 230.6 1.55 1.03 85.2
2015 regular season 1.000 66.3 288.7 2.67 0.33 121.0
Career playoffs .000 55.7 218.3 0.25 1.50 57.8
Pro-Football-Reference.com

This is where the haters warp in (and I was one of them) with Dalton's being 0-4 in the playoffs with one touchdown and six interceptions.

What I'm seeing now from Dalton, however, is rapid growth in this young season. I'm not the only one around the league seeing it.

"For whatever reason," said one NFC team executive, "he looks like a different guy. This is the best Dalton we've ever seen."

Some of the quarterback play from Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Cam Newton, among others, has been so outstanding, it has overshadowed Dalton. The Bengals are an afterthought to many in the league, potential fodder for the Foxborough-ed Patriots in the postseason.

The Bengals are a quiet 3-0, but if Dalton's play continues, it won't stay quiet. The Bengals will be that team no one wants to play in the postseason, including the Patriots.

I want you to pay close attention to these numbers. Last week, Dalton passed for a career-high 383 yards with three passing touchdowns and a rushing one. His passer rating was 122.3.

Dalton has three consecutive games with at least a 115 rating.

Watch Dalton on tape and what you see is refinement. Cleaner throwing motion, more elasticity and a level of increased athleticism. Faster feet, faster throws, more accuracy. It's all there. (He also looks leaner for some reason.)

When asked this week at his press conference why he's had such a hot start, the best start of his career, Dalton said:

"Yeah, I mean, it's another year. I feel more comfortable. I feel really good where we are right now. We've done some good things, but it's just the beginning. We've got to keep it going, we've got to keep playing well and keep finding ways to win. But I think we've put ourselves in a good spot right now. "

The Bengals started 3-0 last year, then went 0-2-1 in their next three. Dalton says this isn't that team, and I believe him:

"It's a new year, it's a new team. We feel like we've got the right mentality, and so we've got to do whatever it takes to not let anything slip. I think it's just the way that we're being coached, the way that Marvin [Lewis]'s doing things, and offensively Hue [Jackson]'s doing things. I know Paulie [defensive coordinator Paul Guenther] is going to be doing things with the defense. I think that our mindset is, we're not satisfied with where we are. It's only three games into the season, we're on our fourth game. That's the attitude you have to have."

We have become so used to Dalton and the Bengals being, well, Dalton and the Bengals, it's hard to see Dalton as someone who can make a Super Bowl. Not saying he will, but with some of the weapons around him and a vastly underrated defense, such an achievement isn't a universe away.

I don't trust any team to travel to New England and win in the title game, but I'm beginning to think Dalton and the Bengals are the best option.

Dalton and A.J. Green are clicking like Matt Ryan and Julio Jones or Brady and Rob Gronkowski. The Dalton-Green connection was the reason they beat Baltimore 28-24 and sent the Ravens to 0-3. In effect, Dalton buried one of his biggest division rivals, and the other, the Steelers, lost Ben Roethlisberger for likely at least a month. The division is Cincinnati's to lose.

And the Bengals won't lose it because this is a different Dalton. You can see it.

Few have, but they will soon. The entire NFL will.

This is a nice article. AD also looked good early on in 2014. The AJ/AD combo also beat Baltimore in week one a year ago. AD also came back and audibled to a QB sneak for 2 yards at home in the closing minutes to beat the Ravens last year.

To me, the impressive thing last week is our defense had a rough 4th quarter and gave up the lead twice. But AD and the offense stepped up and got the lead back with TD's. The the defense stepped up and stopped the Ravens last drive.

My concern right now is more on the defensive side of the ball, but I am confident the defense will also improve as the year goes on. The offense also has left some plays on the field and can improve, but they look vastly different (QB and skill players) than the offense in 2014 and especially the playoff game. I am not so sure AD would have not prospered more in 2014 if not for the major injuries to Eifert, Jones and AJ missed almost 6 games to injury.

I saw comments after the game that the AD dart to AJ for 80 yards and a TD (great run after catch by AJ) had never been seen before. I disagree as I remember AD throwing a dart to Sanu at home last year for a TD, a game AJ was injured.

We all want to see perfection, but no QB is perfect in the NFL due to they are playing other pros and  they are human. But, AD has played 3 games in a row at an extremely high level.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Who-Dey!!!!! I really want to see week 4 destruction of KC!!
Reply/Quote
This is going to be a career year for Dalton, I've already come to that conclusion.

The only thing I'm concerned with is how they play in prime-time and especially the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It is a nice article. Love the fact that he just wants to talk about the team when maybe others might take the opportunity to gloat a little.

I have to acknowledge what a fighter he is. You can't keep this guy down. No matter what, he keeps coming back. You have to respect and admire that. He can really turn the page.

I thought that he would have a tough time coming back mentally from the way the year ended last year. I was way, way off. All he did was come back better. This is why he's an easy guy to root for. I tip my hat to the guy. I hope he proves all his doubters wrong. And when he does, he'll take that in stride too. And he won't gloat.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 02:04 PM)McC Wrote: It is a nice article.  Love the fact that he just wants to talk about the team when maybe others might take the opportunity to gloat a little.

I have to acknowledge what a fighter he is.  You can't keep this guy down.  No matter what, he keeps coming back.  You have to respect and admire that.  He can really turn the page.  

I thought that he would have a tough time coming back mentally from the way the year ended last year.  I was way, way off.  All he did was come back better.  This is why he's an easy guy to root for.  I tip my hat to the guy.  I hope he proves all his doubters wrong.  And when he does, he'll take that in stride too.  And he won't gloat.

Good article.. good test this week with KC and their front seven... decision making will be big on Sunday... 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 02:13 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: Good article.. good test this week with KC and their front seven... decision making will be big on Sunday... 

Yep.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
There has been an awakening. Have you felt it ?

The Ginger side of the Force !
Reply/Quote
Blacher Report will always be a blog that blows like the wind with public opinion

All Mr. Dalton need to do is win the next game, nothing more\
Reply/Quote
Andy is improved because of two things:

1. The talent around him.
2. He's in a good place mentally in terms of confidence. Sooner or later he's going to face some adversity, and it will be telling to see how he responds.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 11:49 PM)Utts Wrote: Andy is improved because of two things:

2. He's in a good place mentally in terms of confidence. Sooner or later he's going to face some adversity, and it will be telling to see how he responds.

Throwing the pick in the end zone and then the scoop and score and being down twice in the 4th quarter looked a lot like adversity and he overcame all of that brilliantly, wouldn't you say?

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 03:30 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: There has been an awakening. Have you felt it ?

The Ginger side of the Force !

[Image: ginger1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 11:49 PM)Utts Wrote: Andy is improved because of two things:

He faced adversity in Baltimore so well you don't even remember it.  Many teams lose after that much adversity.  AD does what AD does - shakes it off and wins the game.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
I've almost always thought Dalton a good QB. It usually takes a few years for QBs to reach the point where everything comes together and so far this team has come together with him. It's still a team sport and having great players around Dalton just makes him better.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really hope this keeps up now that everyone is on the bandwagon.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 05:17 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: He faced adversity in Baltimore so well you don't even remember it.  Many teams lose after that much adversity.

He's going to have a stinker game where he looks like a deer in headlights. When that happens he will either go into a bad Andy slump, or he'll bounce back. I'm hoping it's the latter, but I wouldn't wager on it.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 01:31 AM)Utts Wrote: He's going to have a stinker game where he looks like a deer in headlights. When that happens he will either go into a bad Andy slump, or he'll bounce back. I'm hoping it's the latter, but I wouldn't wager on it.

I mean, he went from having a QB rating of 2 in one game then a QB rating of 143.9 the next game. So it's not like it's impossible.
Reply/Quote
Who Dey!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 01:35 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean, he went from having a QB rating of 2 in one game then a QB rating of 143.9 the next game. So it's not like it's impossible.

Dalton has has 1 bad streak of games in his career (weeks 9-11 in 2013), so I'm not sure why he thinks Dalton would go into a slump.

He's never shown a propensity to do that. His problem has always been with falling apart after a bad play or two.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
That will be against the Seahawks lol 

(10-02-2015, 11:49 PM)Utts Wrote: Sooner or later he's going to face some adversity, and it will be telling to see how he responds.
Reply/Quote