Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Trade back draft
Ok, this is my last mock till after the combine and all the hype cause surely these rankings will be different. I think with our lack of FA involvement and the amount of holes we have to fill, it would be best to hope for a trade back partner and also a McCarron trade. There is a ton of talent to be found in the later rounds, but some of these guys will shoot up in the rankings as we get closer to draft time.

Round 1 Pick 23 (G.B.): Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee (A) I know there is some debate on taking this guy at #9 but to have him there at #23 Bam....

Round 2 Pick 9: Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana (A) Best Guard fell, not sure I like this pick now, think we have bigger needs but if we cant keep Zeitler, problem solved.

Round 2 Pick 12 (PHI): Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida (A-) Good physical fast LB all over the field, good against the run and coverage.

Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas (B) Productive load of a runner. 6'1" 249 2028 Rush Yards 15 TD in 2016 with a 6.28 YPC Not utilized in the passing game does give me concerns.

Round 3 Pick 9: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson (B+) 3 down TE that can block and be a rec threat at 6'5 250

Round 3 Pick 12 (PHI): Taylor Moton, OT/OG, Western Michigan (A-) 6'5 326 Solid Lineman can play OT and G

Round 3 Pick 23 (G.B.): Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State (A) explosive play maker, 4.4 speed, could fill Bernards roll if he's not ready. 2016 7 TD rec and 8 rushing TD

Round 4 Pick 3 (CHI): Jon Toth, C, Kentucky (D+) 6'5 310 mean C, started 47 straight games. Helped average 5.5 YPC run game.

Round 4 Pick 9: Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee (A+) 5'11 186 4.5 physical Corner I think we will draft one sooner thanks to Pac Man, so i would switch this pick out with the Guard.

Round 4 Pick 10 (CHI): Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame (A+) 6'5 315 Disruptive DT. would be nice in the rotation.

Round 5 Pick 9: Hunter Dimick, DE, Utah (B) This is where i like the value picks. 6'3 272 13th in the country in 2016 among all positions with 20 Tackles for Loss and 3rd in sacks with 14.5

Round 6 Pick 9: Ejuan Price, OLB, Pittsburgh (B) At 6'1 255 this guy may fly under the radar with his 13 sacks in 2016 and 2nd in the country with 23 tackles for loss.

Round 7 Pick 9: Tedric Thompson, SS, Colorado (B) 6'0 205 2016 7ints with 23 passes defended. Why not.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 02:23 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Ok, this is my last mock till after the combine and all the hype cause surely these rankings will be different. I think with our lack of FA involvement and the amount of holes we have to fill, it would be best to hope for a trade back partner and also a McCarron trade. There is a ton of talent to be found in the later rounds, but some of these guys will shoot up in the rankings as we get closer to draft time.

Round 1 Pick 23 (G.B.): Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee (A) I know there is some debate on taking this guy at #9 but to have him there at #23 Bam....

Round 2 Pick 9: Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana (A) Best Guard fell, not sure I like this pick now, think we have bigger needs but if we cant keep Zeitler, problem solved.

Round 2 Pick 12 (PHI): Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida (A-) Good physical fast LB all over the field, good against the run and coverage.

Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas (B) Productive load of a runner. 6'1" 249 2028 Rush Yards 15 TD in 2016 with a 6.28 YPC Not utilized in the passing game does give me concerns.

Round 3 Pick 9: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson (B+) 3 down TE that can block and be a rec threat at 6'5 250

Round 3 Pick 12 (PHI): Taylor Moton, OT/OG, Western Michigan (A-) 6'5 326 Solid Lineman can play OT and G

Round 3 Pick 23 (G.B.): Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State (A) explosive play maker, 4.4 speed, could fill Bernards roll if he's not ready. 2016 7 TD rec and 8 rushing TD

Round 4 Pick 3 (CHI): Jon Toth, C, Kentucky (D+) 6'5 310 mean C, started 47 straight games. Helped average 5.5 YPC run game.

Round 4 Pick 9: Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee (A+) 5'11 186 4.5 physical Corner I think we will draft one sooner thanks to Pac Man, so i would switch this pick out with the Guard.

Round 4 Pick 10 (CHI): Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame (A+) 6'5 315 Disruptive DT. would be nice in the rotation.

Round 5 Pick 9: Hunter Dimick, DE, Utah (B) This is where i like the value picks. 6'3 272 13th in the country in 2016 among all positions with 20 Tackles for Loss and 3rd in sacks with 14.5

Round 6 Pick 9: Ejuan Price, OLB, Pittsburgh (B) At 6'1 255 this guy may fly under the radar with his 13 sacks in 2016 and 2nd in the country with 23 tackles for loss.

Round 7 Pick 9: Tedric Thompson, SS, Colorado (B) 6'0 205 2016 7ints with 23 passes defended. Why not.

Barnett sits WAY better with me at 23 than 9 if we get him there I'm all for it. or walker since I love me some walker. but if it were me I would go with the 2 picks In round 2 with 2 buckeyes in elflien and McMillan. instant plug and play players in center and lb our 2 biggest needs. love the rest of the draft if we could come out of the draft with this would be mighty pleased. I would switch Leggett for butt due to fact that I think butt is the better all around tight end. nice mock.
Reply/Quote
Yea I like Butt better too but with his 2nd acl injury im kinda scared by that being the reason I want a TE this year is for insurance because the one we have cant stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 03:05 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Yea I like Butt better too but  with his 2nd acl injury im kinda scared by that being the reason I want a TE this year is for insurance because the one we have cant stay healthy.

yeah its his second acl injury but he was late 1st round before if he falls like a rock even though doctors say no structural concerns u have to take him right? man if he can stay healthy I would love a 2 tight end set of butt and eifert bc butt can actually hold his own against pass rushers more than most te nowadays. I see Leggett as more of a Ladarius green type of situation where they only put him in on passing downs whereas butt seems like jason witten. cant remember how his first acl happened but the second was a freak thing. hope all goes well with him and he falls but if not Leggett is a great option as well, though I imagine they cut a tight end then bc there not gonna keep 5 on their roster.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:29 AM)Jpoore Wrote: yeah its his second acl injury but he was late 1st round before if he falls like a rock even though doctors say no structural concerns u have to take him right? man if he can stay healthy I would love a 2 tight end set of butt and eifert bc butt can actually hold his own against pass rushers more than most te nowadays. I see Leggett as more of a Ladarius green type of situation where they only put him in on passing downs whereas butt seems like jason witten. cant remember how his first acl happened but the second was a freak thing. hope all goes well with him and he falls but if not Leggett is a great option as well, though I imagine they cut a tight end then bc there not gonna keep 5 on their roster.

You're wrong about Leggett. Butt's ACL tear happened when he was tackled. How is that a freak injury?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 10:09 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're wrong about Leggett. Butt's ACL tear happened when he was tackled. How is that a freak injury?

freak as in he barely was tackled wasn't brought down hard wasn't twisted weird just a normal tackle a light tackle at that.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 06:26 PM)Jpoore Wrote: freak as in he barely was tackled wasn't brought down hard wasn't twisted weird just a normal tackle a light tackle at that.

You're 100% wrong about that, too.  His foot was planted when he was hit posteriolaterally in the right knee causing valgus stress which buckled the knee medially.  It is the single most common mechanism of injury to cause internal derangement of the knee.  If you pay close attention to his foot you'll see it gets rotated externally which is transferred to the knee by the tibia.  So his knee gets twisted in three different directions at once; medially, anteriorly, and externally rotated.

Watch the video embedded in the article for yourself . . .

http://fansided.com/2016/12/30/jake-butt-injury-update-tight-end-leaves-orange-bowl/

[Image: 8893417169_5bdc521bf2_z.jpg]

[Image: 12521-0550x0475.jpg]

http://sandersclinic.net/terrible-triad/

Quote:O’Donoghue’s Triad, also known as Terrible Triad, refers to a knee injury involving multiple ligaments and cartilage within the knee. The medial collateral ligament (MCL), anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate (PCL), and medial and/or lateral meniscus (cartilage) all sustain damage. This injury is most often sustained when a lateral (from the outside) force impacts the knee while the foot is fixed on the ground. This type of injury occurs often in contact sports such as football or motocross

His mechanism of injury is a classic, textbook example of an ACL tear.  I don't need to see the MRI to know he also suffered a meniscal tear and he will need that repaired as well.  I would be highly suspicious of a MCL tear as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 02:23 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Ok, this is my last mock till after the combine and all the hype cause surely these rankings will be different. I think with our lack of FA involvement and the amount of holes we have to fill, it would be best to hope for a trade back partner and also a McCarron trade. There is a ton of talent to be found in the later rounds, but some of these guys will shoot up in the rankings as we get closer to draft time.

This draft would be a excellent.
Reply/Quote