Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Write-Up on Carson (keeper)
This will not be popular, but would even consider taking Carson over Burkhead if it came down to it.

Believe Carson has the makings of a #1 back and Burkhead as much as I like him does not imo.

But do not expect anything like this to happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I saw that one of the Browns beat guys thinks Terrell Watson makes the Browns roster after Hue J. plucked him from this practice squad. The four running backs are Gio-Burkhead-Peerman-Rex. They like Carson, but his best bet is PS. Burkhead will be gone after this year (final year of his deal and will no doubt be looking for somewhere to play). Peerman is a crap shoot. Older, good dude to have around, obviously has a skill set on special teams that has some value, but it just depends on what that value is as his minimum continues to rise the longer he's in the league.

Back to Carson - I dunno. Haven't seen much in the carries he's gotten that make you say 'whoa.' Every guy who gets cut could get claimed, could get offers -- we'll find out soon enough if he's put enough on film to be scooped up by another squad.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote