Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice article from Jason La Canfora
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-bengals-beatdown-of-ravens-got-personal-texans-rookie-keeps-impressing-more-from-week-16/

Bengals' beatdown of Ravens got personal

This was about embarrassing an opponent; putting them in their place. Cincy got the ball back off an interception with about three minutes to play, and Burrow hit Mixon downfield for 52 yards, their seventh passing play over 20 yards on the day and, shockingly, third of 52 yards or greater. Young coach Zac Taylor was letting John Harbaugh know this wasn't the Bengals of old. And this rivalry will certainly have more spice when they meet next.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:13 PM)BengalRed Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-bengals-beatdown-of-ravens-got-personal-texans-rookie-keeps-impressing-more-from-week-16/

Bengals' beatdown of Ravens got personal

This was about embarrassing an opponent; putting them in their place. Cincy got the ball back off an interception with about three minutes to play, and Burrow hit Mixon downfield for 52 yards, their seventh passing play over 20 yards on the day and, shockingly, third of 52 yards or greater. Young coach Zac Taylor was letting John Harbaugh know this wasn't the Bengals of old. And this rivalry will certainly have more spice when they meet next.

Love this stuff. I remember when Sam Wyche was the HC and this is what he would do. Destroy them with no mercy.

I want this to be our mantra forever from here on out. I am not content lol
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love this stuff. I remember when Sam Wyche was the HC and this is what he would do. Destroy them with no mercy.

Didn't Sam kick a FG against Glanville as time expired in a blowout, and when asked why he went for 3 like that responded "because I couldn't go for 4"?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love this stuff. I remember when Sam Wyche was the HC and this is what he would do. Destroy them with no mercy.

I wouldn’t have taken a knee after the long reception to Joe Mixon. I would have pounded it in for a touchdown and gone for two.
Reply/Quote
it's about sending a message to the ravens and the league. Does harbaugh forget lamar didn't shake burrow's hand?

They got the pro bowl votes wrong, lamar and mixon should be out and burrow should be in.
Reply/Quote
Despite Fred's take on keeping Burrow in there, I think it was perfect practice for the upcoming playoffs first and foremost. Secondly, they are announcing they are the new Kings of the North and no longer the AFCN's punching bag. JoeyB and Co punched both of the AFCN bullies right square in the mouth.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Didn't Sam kick a FG against Glanville as time expired in a blowout, and when asked why he went for 3 like that responded "because I couldn't go for 4"?

Yup.  Even worse, up 45-0 he had his team go for an on side kick(which the Bengals got).
Reply/Quote
burrow should have walked off the field, no reason to shake a team's hand that won't be making the playoffs this year. Or maybe shake their hand and say thanks for that L.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Didn't Sam kick a FG against Glanville as time expired in a blowout, and when asked why he went for 3 like that responded "because I couldn't go for 4"?

lol. Love it.

That’s what we need. GRIT!

Hate this panzie nice guy crap.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: it's about sending a message to the ravens and the league. Does harbaugh forget lamar didn't shake burrow's hand?

They got the pro bowl votes wrong, lamar and mixon should be out and burrow should be in.

Quote:mixon should be out 
Shocked
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 11:14 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Shocked

He could have 10,000 yards rushing at 1 YPC and he'd make the pro bowl.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I wouldn’t have taken a knee after the long reception to Joe Mixon.  I would have pounded it in for a touchdown and gone for two.

Amen to that one! Or toss it to Boyd or Chase for another passing TD then let Mixon get the 2..  Rubbing their nose in it was sweet revenge for the HOF comment especially since the Bengals have been snubbed more for the HOF than any team in history..It almost feels like Joe will need about 20 1000 yard passing games to get in before it's all said and done..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 11:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He could have 10,000 yards rushing at 1 YPC and he'd make the pro bowl.

Say What
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 11:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He could have 10,000 yards rushing at 1 YPC and he'd make the pro bowl.

I don't think ANYONE is ever going to have 10,000 carries in a season and if they did they've have to crawl in the probowl..and the QB would have to have had his throwing arm amputated before the first game started.. and the HC would have to be fired just because! LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Sam Wyche was the best. Here are some other gems from him after the Bengals destroyed the Oilers 61-7. I love what Zac Taylor did today.

“We were going for their jugular right from the start. We don’t like their team. We don’t like their people. When you get a chance to do it (run up the score), you do it. I wish today this was a five-quarter game.”

“Our only real regret there is that Lee Johnson missed that extra point (after a fourth-quarter touchdown)”

"They are so obnoxious, and they think it's cute. It isn't; it's silly. Well, they've got their tails tucked between their legs and they're going home, which is just the way it should be. They're the dumbest, most undisciplined, stupid football team we've ever played."
Reply/Quote

Yep, and got an onsides kick in the second half up multiple scores.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Dude had 135 combined yards and two TDs today....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 11:14 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Shocked

He's not a fan of Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 01:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: Dude had 135 combined yards and two TDs today....

Could've been 535 yards and 6 TDs, he's not going to like him.  It is what it is.  Some guys always like the second string RB over the starter, and he is one of those guys.
Reply/Quote

Yes sir, love Sam. Wink

(12-26-2021, 10:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I wouldn’t have taken a knee after the long reception to Joe Mixon.  I would have pounded it in for a touchdown and gone for two.

I like that too, still like our class and Harbaugh STILL bitched.

Next time I bet we really shred them after his response. Shouldn't of acted that way to the new Kings of the North. Mellow
Reply/Quote