Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nice game, Jackson Carman
For as much as I have run the guy into the ground for not living up to expectations thus far in his career, it is only fitting that I give him credit for not only filling in for Jonah Williams, but playing surprisingly well.

Great job, keep up the good work.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So THATS why we got him in the second

I was beginning to wonder if we reached a few whole rounds too early
-Housh
Reply/Quote
When he wins his battles he REALLY wins his battles.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:03 AM)Housh Wrote: So THATS why we got him in the second

I was beginning to wonder if we reached a few whole rounds too early

The way he was playing before these playoff games, we would have reached an over 5 rounds for him haha.

But he has shown that he may be able to play LT in this league. 

The Bills do not have an elite edge rusher on the right side of their defense with Miller out, and the snow typically helps the offense because it slows down the pass rush, but even factoring those two things in, he had an outstanding game.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/kelseylconway/status/1617505161600966656?s=46&t=Kp_C0QbaWgR030MgYSwUQg
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/jaymorrisonath/status/1617397380923490304?s=46&t=Kp_C0QbaWgR030MgYSwUQg
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 08:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For as much as I have run the guy into the ground for not living up to expectations thus far in his career, it is only fitting that I give him credit for not only filling in for Jonah Williams, but playing surprisingly well.

OL looked like a whole new beast yesterday
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 08:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For as much as I have run the guy into the ground for not living up to expectations thus far in his career, it is only fitting that I give him credit for not only filling in for Jonah Williams, but playing surprisingly well.

Way too many people gave up on him. He clearly was hurt just coming off surgery when he got drafted, got out of shape badly, was moved to G which he had never played and was not emotionally and mature enough. Everything came simple to him at Clemson with lots of success. Plenty of guys don't have success in their first couple of years.
Reply/Quote
Offensive line played great, getting the run game going was huge. Carman seems to punish guys in the run game. Wonder if Cappa can go vs. the Chiefs, Chris Jones is a monster inside.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:33 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The way he was playing before these playoff games, we would have reached an over 5 rounds for him haha.

But he has shown that he may be able to play LT in this league. 

The Bills do not have an elite edge rusher on the right side of their defense with Miller out, and the snow typically helps the offense because it slows down the pass rush, but even factoring those two things in, he had an outstanding game.

All true, but I'd note OUR pass rush did not seem to have much trouble. 
Reply/Quote

I mean....It was probably his last real shot.  And, WOW, did he ever make the most of it.  Yes, I can't help but think how the Bengals could save millions if he panned out at LT, but I am just happy that the bust label might be gone from this kid that by all accounts seems like a good dude.  

He got labeled a fatty and out of shape, most likely because in college he put off surgery on his back and played through a herniated disc in an effort to win a National Championship.  It cost him millions because his play suffered and he wasn't able to prepare for the combine or pro day because of the delayed surgery.  I viewed him as a bit of a lottery ticket.  Sliding like they did in round two when they had a huge need and compiling picks made sense, but could Carman return to his early form?  Well, he sure didn't start well and spent a little time in the dog house, but maybe...just maybe, he has found his spot and will show everyone he belongs.  
Reply/Quote
Just rewatched the game focused on Carman he did a good job. He might of had a few bad reads and did not match up on the right defender but he did not get beat if he locked onto you then you was pretty much blocked. The guy hitting Burrows legs was due more to snow and sliding when Carman push the guy strait down into the snow. He did let him get a bit too close though so it looked bad.

For his first start at LT it was a great job work on some assignment stuff with him and his awareness. The guy need to understand he belongs there so he won't be so jumpy and get the false starts. His speed and power is more then good enough to do the job he does not have to be the first guy moving just move with the snap and everyone else. Trust your technique speed and power you belong here.
Reply/Quote
Three new guys with no wear and tear from the season.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:54 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://twitter.com/kelseylconway/status/1617505161600966656?s=46&t=Kp_C0QbaWgR030MgYSwUQg

WATCH THIS!!!  Great stuff, SP.  The Adeniji pull....Do we think Collins makes that play?  No.  He doesn't have that kind of speed and mobility.  The Chase block on Shaq Lawson....Did I just see Ja'Marr block a 270 lb man so hard he left the ground and didn't give him an inch?  My God, Chase is a beast.  And the Carman "Snow Plow" was awesome.  Dude doesn't lack for strength, that is for sure.

HUGE KUDOS to the Bengals for hiring an additional offensive line coach (forget his name) that was tasked with more time developing the backups during practice as they usually don't get the snaps outside the first team line.  It is apparent that was time and money very well spent.  Also props for Duke swiping Sharping from the Texans PS as they tried to do some clever maneuvering.   

This 2 minutes of film is just outstanding.  
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/mitchschwartz71/status/1617282474295414784?s=46&t=TOHsCSDUNq2vL0QYB9PFHA

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1617511543754604548?s=46&t=2g2OYv1vyIX4rIN6Uy4C-Q

Pancaking guys in the run game. He blocked that Ravens defender into the sidelines a few weeks ago. Playing with some attitude I like it !
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 10:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  I am just happy that the bust label might be gone from this kid that by all accounts seems like a good dude.  

I don't know about that one  Ninja

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:58 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://twitter.com/jaymorrisonath/status/1617397380923490304?s=46&t=Kp_C0QbaWgR030MgYSwUQg

This new "tradition" is just so F'n cool.  I love how Zac said he had the idea when he first got here.  
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 10:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Three new guys with no wear and tear from the season.

Good point. Plus, all three have been here all season long and not mid-season off the street FAs.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 10:22 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Just rewatched the game focused on Carman he did a good job. He might of had a few bad reads and did not match up on the right defender but he did not get beat if he locked onto you then you was pretty much blocked. The guy hitting Burrows legs was due more to snow and sliding when Carman push the guy strait down into the snow. He did let him get a bit too close though so it looked bad.

For his first start at LT it was a great job work on some assignment stuff with him and his awareness. The guy need to understand he belongs there so he won't be so jumpy and get the false starts. His speed and power is more then good enough to do the job he does not have to be the first guy moving just move with the snap and everyone else. Trust your technique speed and power you belong here.

He already looks better to me then Jonah...he is a beast on run plays and if he can keep up on the pass protect we have our selves a HUGE savings in CAP space to play with. 
Reply/Quote
Carman just took that man's soul on that snow plow block. I mentioned it last night, but when asked about Carman's play, Joe said he "Felt nothing from that side of the line the entire game" Gotta give it up for Carman and Volson, they played their asses off.
Reply/Quote