Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nice little Kitna story about Chad
Saw this on Reddit and figured I’d post it here. Sounds like Kitna really helped put Chad on the path to being one of the best there was during his time. And he was 100% right about Chad putting us on the map again. I myself came back to the Bengals after years of indifference largely because of Chad. Anyway, it’s s short clip, but it really says a lot about both players.

https://youtu.be/hcyY3dHaqZM
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The beginning of the Marvin era was magical, the players, the wins, etc. (better than the Burrow era) It all started when the Bengals decided to dump Akili and brought in Kitna.

Found this link about Kitna with more links about Kitna from mostly 20 yrs ago! Time flies.

https://products.kitsapsun.com/archive/2001/03-09/0016_the_nfl__kitna_signs_with_bengals.html
Reply/Quote
Best Chad story is him sleeping on the couch on Tuesday nights at PBS just so he could get a jumpstart on film that week.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
When you ask people about the Cincinnati Bengals, the name that comes up first 90% of the time is Chad Johnson or Ocho Cinco.

He was a polarizing figure for us no doubt and brought attention to the team/city
Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tune in LIVE at 8pm eastern every Tuesday for our weekly Bengals show! 

Check out our YouTube page at:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12ZcOwQDXreLIkrcdjmbVwl]
Reply/Quote
Chad was who got me really invested in the Bengals and football in general. The TD celebration around Christmas one year where he pulled presents out of a giant stocking and threw them into the crowd was my favorite.

I even still have the original unopened box of his cereal, which is my profile pic.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Kind of sad when Kit talks about there being 25 or so football teams that matter, and then the other 5-7 that no one cares about....
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 11:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Kind of sad when Kit talks about there being 25 or so football teams that matter, and then the other 5-7 that no one cares about....

His point was Chad and Palmer made people care about us (for a while).

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 12:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His point was Chad and Palmer made people care about us (for a while).

I get that... it was still a sad sentence.
Reply/Quote
Kitna had everything but the arm. Heart of a Lion, imho.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 12:09 PM)SladeX Wrote: Kitna had everything but the arm. Heart of a Lion, imho.

And the intelligence, and the humility to be the best backup he could be.
Reply/Quote
It’s not surprising Palmer took Kitna’s departure so badly.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 12:09 PM)SladeX Wrote: Kitna had everything but the arm. Heart of a Lion, imho.

He did. Had the smarts, had the guts, had the desire, just not the arm.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
There was a point where I got upset with Chad, he took it to far. But now every time I think of Chad a little smile comes onto my face. He basically put the Bengals back on the map.

He's my 2nd favorite Bengal of all time. Like others have said had Kitna just had a little better arm he would probably be brought up when talking about the best.
Reply/Quote
Not sure if people caught this in the video, but Kitna said his daughter is on the equipment staff on Arizona St, where Chad Johnson Jr. plays.

Well, if you don't know, Marvin Lewis is the Co-Defensive coodinator at ASU.  So you have Kitna's daughter, Chad's son, and Marvin Lewis all at the same place, all walking around the same facilities.

Pretty interesting.  I just picture Marvin telling them stories about their dads and giggling throughout, almost like a loveable older character from a sitcom.

Scene:  (Walking both kids around campus)

"Let me tell me you about the time your daddy made a DB a list (giggle, giggle giggle) Everyone was cracking up.  And your daddy gave a prayer before a game  (gigggle, giggle, giggle) where he prayed at the very end that Chad got to cross another name off that list. (giggle, giggle, giggle, giggle, giggle, giggle, giggle,)

"Tell us more, Uncle Marv!!!"
Reply/Quote
Chad is awesome.

If the Brown family was not so insular in their thinking, they would find a place for him in the organization.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 11:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Kind of sad when Kit talks about there being 25 or so football teams that matter, and then the other 5-7 that no one cares about....

I mean, that's the case with every sport.
MLB, NBA, and NHL all have that "issue."

For the teams I'd consider in the group:
- Bengals
- Lions
- Jags
- Bills

Prior to the recent postseason success of the Titans and the Bucs' acquisition of Brady and Gronk, I'd put those two teams in there too.

For the life of me, I don't understand why the Browns aren't in the bottom in popularity. They have been more irrelevant than the Bengals the past two decades and Cleveland is a small market too. But for whatever reason, they seem to get a lot of attention because they won championships over 50 years ago and had Jim Brown.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 12:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And the intelligence, and the humility to be the best backup he could be.

Not sure if I'm mad at you or not.

Are you saying these are things he had or lacked? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 02:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure if I'm mad at you or not.

Are you saying these are things he had or lacked? 

Had, most definitely.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 12:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not surprising Palmer took Kitna’s departure so badly.

Truth...that was kinda the start of the retirement deal.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 02:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Had, most definitely.

OK, we're still friends. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote