Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nick Mangold
Should we make an offer. Would be nice to keep Whit and Zeitler, add Mangold then draft someone like Toth to groom. Thoughts
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Should we make an offer. Would be nice to keep Whit and Zeitler, add Mangold then draft someone like Toth to groom. Thoughts

Would be a great move...

Then somebody will say it will never happen.

Mangold, Wisnewski both make too much sense.
Reply/Quote
I would also like to add the fact that he was cut so Mikey won't lose a precious comp pick. This is a perfect win win situation for Cincy. Make it happen damnit.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:11 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I would also like to add the fact that he was cut so Mikey won't lose a precious comp pick. This is a perfect win win situation for Cincy. Make it happen damnit.

Might be possible if the coaches want to improve this team.

Whitworth - Boling - Mangold - Westerman/Bodine/Hopkins - Fisher

Not like this is great, but it might be an improvement over last year.

Bodine might actually be decent at Guard, never know.
Reply/Quote
I would and it fits the Bengals MO of signing cut players to get comp picks. I think the team is still set on grooming Bodine though and getting a replacement center isn't even on their radar.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Should we make an offer. Would be nice to keep Whit and Zeitler, add Mangold then draft someone like Toth to groom. Thoughts

that's a helluva idea. That would be 3 solid pieces to this turnstile line we have. Why is Mangold on the block?

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:35 PM)RASCAL Wrote: that's a helluva idea. That would be 3 solid pieces to this turnstile line we have. Why is Mangold on the block?

The Jets just cut him.

Perfect fit for us actually.
Reply/Quote

If he's half his old self he's probably twice as good as Jethro.  But I don't dare to dream these kind of dreams.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He's probably an upgrade to Bodine.

However, he has 11 years of NFL wear and tear on his body. He's 33. He only played in 8 games last year due to injuries.

I fear he might be another AJ Hawk/Dansby that we bring in that is washed up.

11 years is a lot of wear and tear for a Center.

I'd probably go Stefan Wisieniewski as he is younger...but either upgrade us.

I do like Mangold's experience as the Center is the QB of the offensive line too.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Jets just cut him.

Perfect fit for us actually.

Right, like someone else posted also, makes too much sense. Mike might not want to hurt Whit or Zeitler feelings by offering something to Mangold before they are locked. This is a great chance to salvage this line and open up the draft, it has the Bengals MO all over it, yet we will just do nothing. We just want to see something, at least show a little effort to improve this team rather than saving a buck. I know Mangold is up there age wise but he's better than what we have now.
Reply/Quote
What's working against us too is there aren't many good free agent Centers.

I don't really know how many teams could use a Center. I would assume the Browns need one.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 06:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's probably an upgrade to Bodine.

However, he has 11 years of NFL wear and tear on his body. He's 33. He only played in 8 games last year due to injuries.

I fear he might be another AJ Hawk/Dansby that we bring in that is washed up.

11 years is a lot of wear and tear for a Center.

I'd probably go Stefan Wisieniewski as he is younger...but either upgrade us.

I do like Mangold's experience as the Center is the QB of the offensive line too.

Nick has been more Ironman than Tony Stark.  Besides this past season he has only missed 4 games in his career. If his medical checks out on the ankle they need to bring him in even if it's just 3 or 4 years left in his tank.  That would be all the time left in Green, Dalton, and Geno's window anyways.  

P.s.  appreciate the **** out of Geno while you can. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Please Mike Brown could we sign Mangold, a legit Center? He is from Kettering and I would love to see Dalton get over 2 seconds to throw before pressure comes up the middle.

Do it for Bengals Nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 06:37 PM)Burma Wrote: Nick has been more Ironman than Tony Stark.  Besides this past season he has only missed 4 games in his career. If his medical checks out on the ankle they need to bring him in even if it's just 3 or 4 years left in his tank.  That would be all the time left in Green, Dalton, and Geno's window anyways.  

P.s.  appreciate the **** out of Geno while you can. 

There's no way he has 3-4 years left in the tank. He's been a starter in the NFL for 11 years already and is 33.
Reply/Quote
More details?

He get cut or something?
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 07:01 PM)Housh Wrote: More details?

He get cut or something?

Yes the Jets released him today. This is the kind of move we need to make to get this team to the next level. Provided that he isn't injured
Reply/Quote

He get cut or something?

Yeah, the Jets cut him. Perfect fit for us.

I would like Wisnewski more cause of age but if Mangold still has something left he is a definate upgrade.
Reply/Quote

He get cut or something?

Yep. Signing a cut wont cost the Bengals one of their precious 4th round  comp picks in 2018. Aside from his asking price there are no reasons not to pursue him.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 07:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, the Jets cut him. Perfect fit for us.

I would like Wisnewski more cause of age but if Mangold still has something left he is a definate upgrade.

I just figured maybe Mangold would want to play for us since he grew up pretty close to here. It would be a great fit and he could come back home
Reply/Quote
Id have an offer in yesterday

Fits our profile as well

May be his best chance for playing time as well, for a decent team
Reply/Quote