Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Vigil OUT at least one month
(10-16-2018, 08:29 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Can we trade for a linebacker, and possibly a better right guard?

“We will go with who we have”
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:35 PM)McC Wrote: Ever hear of a paragraph?

Or a space between periods!
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:35 PM)McC Wrote: Ever hear of a paragraph?

(10-16-2018, 11:03 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Or a space between periods!

He must have went to the same school as Kevin.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:11 PM)impactplaya Wrote: off the top of my head...maybe a draft pick for Deone Buchanon of the Cards..
a low pick for Jamie Collins of the Browns...

(10-15-2018, 04:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oakland and Arizona are in full rebuild mode:

Deone Buchanan or Gerald Hodges from AZ

Derrick Johnson from OAK

I think Buchanan would be a great Nickel pick up. Might finally give us a guy that can cover TE's and RB's.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 08:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That sucks. LB was already hands down our weakest position group. And that’s really saying something considering how bad the Oline still is.

Are we going to actually start seeing Malik Jefferson?

Still have Rey and Evans ahead of Jefferson. He's been looking good on ST's though.
Reply/Quote
Bring the next man up from the practice squad, that's what the practice squad is for.. ammmmmmm I right?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:25 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think Buchanan would be a great Nickel pick up. Might finally give us a guy that can cover TE's and RB's.

I wouldn't expect them to pick up anyone in the secondary, unless a starter goes down for any significant length of time.  Our bench DBs got plenty of PT on Sunday, and honestly I thought they held up pretty well.  The "bleeding" is coming from NT and LB.  If they made any uncharacteristic moves for serious improvement, I would bet it would be one of those positions.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:48 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: “We will go with who we have”

Thats so Marvin.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 01:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wouldn't expect them to pick up anyone in the secondary, unless a starter goes down for any significant length of time.  Our bench DBs got plenty of PT on Sunday, and honestly I thought they held up pretty well.  The "bleeding" is coming from NT and LB.  If they made any uncharacteristic moves for serious improvement, I would bet it would be one of those positions.

Bucannon is a LB, a small one, but still. He played ILB in the 3-4 and is playing WLB in their new 4-3.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oakland and Arizona are in full rebuild mode:

Deone Buchanan or Gerald Hodges from AZ

Derrick Johnson from OAK

Hassan Reddick may also be available for a mid-round pick. He’s out of place in Arizona’s new scheme.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:25 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think Buchanan would be a great Nickel pick up. Might finally give us a guy that can cover TE's and RB's.

You’d think after 16 years of getting destroyed by TE’s and pass catching backs that Marvin would want a coverage linebacker.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:18 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Bucannon is a LB, a small one, but still. He played ILB in the 3-4 and is playing WLB in their new 4-3.

Can he fight off blocks by OGs and stuff the run?  If so, sign him up!  Really, a serious NT is what this defense is in need of right now.  With Glassgow out for the season, and Billings not being the force that he looked like in preseason, they really have no one that demands a double team.  It's literally like giving the OL an extra blocker every play.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 08:43 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Do you kick puppies?

I always read his posts with Larry's, from the Paul Finebaum show, voice in my head. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I love, love Buchanon. We could easily nab him for a fifth or sixth.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can he fight off blocks by OGs and stuff the run?  If so, sign him up!  Really, a serious NT is what this defense is in need of right now.  With Glassgow out for the season, and Billings not being the force that he looked like in preseason, they really have no one that demands a double team.  It's literally like giving the OL an extra blocker every play.

I’m hoping Washington will take some of Billings’ snaps. We have a bunch of LB’s (Tez, Brown, Rey) whose best attribute is run stopping. We don’t have a LB that can cover a RB or TE. Bucannon would be in Nickel and Dime packages.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 03:02 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m hoping Washington will take some of Billings’ snaps. We have a bunch of LB’s (Tez, Brown, Rey) whose best attribute is run stopping. We don’t have a LB that can cover a RB or TE. Bucannon would be in Nickel and Dime packages.

I get what you are saying about LBs that can cover, and having a guy like Bucannon would be a great luxury to afford.  However, teams are gashing the front seven with the run.  Until there is a genuine NT that eats up two blockers on every rushing attempt, LBs are going to have Guards and Centers in their faces every time.  That is a bad spot to be in right now, because anyone worth a damn is already playing for someone else.  

You saw what the Steelers did.  When the Bengals over committed the LBs between the Tackles, Conner bounced it outside for a 26 yd. gain.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 03:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get what you are saying about LBs that can cover, and having a guy like Bucannon would be a great luxury to afford.  However, teams are gashing the front seven with the run.  Until there is a genuine NT that eats up two blockers on every rushing attempt, LBs are going to have Guards and Centers in their faces every time.  That is a bad spot to be in right now, because anyone worth a damn is already playing for someone else.  

You saw what the Steelers did.  When the Bengals over committed the LBs between the Tackles, Conner bounced it outside for a 26 yd. gain.

The Jags were able to trade for Marcel Dareus mid season last year. The FO needs to be looking for a deal like that.
Reply/Quote
Buchanan would be a great pickup. A line backer who can cover. Speed guy to. All we have now is Burfict who’s still not in mid season form. Vigil is hurt n reminds me of Landon drag down tackler Johnson. Evans who has instincts of a scare crow. Nickerson who should be working at Walmart , Brown looks like Maualuga lately. N Rey. We need help ASAP. Gotta make the trade !
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 04:35 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The Jags were able to trade for Marcel Dareus mid season last year. The FO needs to be looking for a deal like that.

That would cost the Bengals a draft pick or two. In other words, Mike Brown isn’t going to do it. Draft picks are to Mike Brown what Super Bowl titles are to Robert Craft.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote