Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Vigil actually grades out worse on PFF than Ogbuehi
Just went through every starting Oline on PFF grades this season. Not a single team has a line that is universally across all starting positions as bad as ours. Even some of the worst line have at least a guy who is up near the average ratings. not even Boling is there this season anymore. he has dipped down to the "poor" category.

This upcoming draft class doesn't look great for Oline again. But i think you have to look at getting a tackle high and a guard pretty high too. Then bring in 2 FA's and just see how it all comes out in the wash. Hopefully with a new coaching staff across the board also.
Reply/Quote
Vigil is decent against the run but he has been lost in coverage all year. I cant count how many times I've seen him completely out of position on a play action pass.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
People have been high on Vigil for a while now. I think we could definitely use an upgrade at this point, because he has hit a wall in his development. Kinda like Vrey, but not even as good as him. Solid backup material.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think we all hit on a key word that just doesn't seem to happen in Cincinnati; development. We don't seem to develop players very well. Either they have it or they don't. The ones that don't just don't stand a chance.

Thought it was interesting today that I saw Marquis Flowers tweet to Derron Smith "congrats on getting out!". That's potentially another reason (besides Brown's cheap ass) that free agency doesn't do well for us. If former players are congratulating each other on leaving the Bengals, that's not a good look.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:13 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: Just went through every starting Oline on PFF grades this season. Not a single team has a line that is universally across all starting positions as bad as ours. Even some of the worst line have at least a guy who is up near the average ratings. not even Boling is there this season anymore. he has dipped down to the "poor" category.

This upcoming draft class doesn't look great for Oline again. But i think you have to look at getting a tackle high and a guard pretty high too. Then bring in 2 FA's and just see how it all comes out in the wash. Hopefully with a new coaching staff across the board also.

Wow. Boling is now 52.4 or Poor!

EVERY SINGLE LINEMAN we have is graded as Poor!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:58 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I think we all hit on a key word that just doesn't seem to happen in Cincinnati; development. We don't seem to develop players very well. Either they have it or they don't. The ones that don't just don't stand a chance.

Thought it was interesting today that I saw Marquis Flowers tweet to Derron Smith "congrats on getting out!". That's potentially another reason (besides Brown's cheap ass) that free agency doesn't do well for us. If former players are congratulating each other on leaving the Bengals, that's not a good look.

A lot of irony in that as he went to a team that won 1 game in the past 2 years.

Although you nailed it that we're basically the Siberia of the NFL. I mean we offered Marvin Jones basically the same as the Lions did and he left. Yeah I get he wanted to be the guy...but a lot of guys stay in that situation. It's not like Detroit is a mecca for free agents or a great place to live.
Reply/Quote