Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nick Vigil great pass defense in 2019
(03-10-2020, 10:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He is a very intriguing player.  He sucked until this year, but when he got a chance to play due to injured started he came off the bench and looked great.  Not they are saying he will get 7-8 million a year as a free agent.

He was also great off the bench in 2017.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 11:57 PM)Housh Wrote: Imagine comparing Nick Vigil to Ray Lewis in any way...

You were gonna make your point no matter what you had to say weren’t you? Lol

I knew someone would post this response. Nobody compared anyone to anyone. Just pointed out a fact
Reply/Quote
Just saw a little blurb on Facebook that the Raiders are interested in Vigil.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 06:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I knew someone would post this response. Nobody compared anyone to anyone. Just pointed out a fact

Well nobody's ever said Dre Kirkpatrick or Nick Vigil are great either, but if you post that they aren't utter trash, some of us will claim that you have.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 02:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just saw a little blurb on Facebook that the Raiders are interested in Vigil.

I saw the same. Very interesting. Paulie G looking to bring Vigil in.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2020/3/10/21172453/nick-vigil-raiders-bengals-free-agency
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 02:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I saw the same. Very interesting. Paulie G looking to bring Vigil in.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2020/3/10/21172453/nick-vigil-raiders-bengals-free-agency

Makes sense, I would still look to re-sign Vigil, I think he is a good back up LB.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 02:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Makes sense, I would still look to re-sign Vigil, I think he is a good back up LB.

I would be fine re-signing Vigil, however, if the Raiders want to get into a bidding war over him, they can have him.

He is good as a Vinney Rey fringe backup type player... not worth paying starter money though.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 03:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I would be fine re-signing Vigil, however, if the Raiders want to get into a bidding war over him, they can have him.

He is good as a Vinney Rey fringe backup type player... not worth paying starter money though.

Feel the same. There are much better LB's out there for us if we want to pay someone a decent amount.
Reply/Quote
LB Nick Kwaitkowski n Bengals getting lots of attention.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 10:37 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yes I know this but Vigil has a habit of doing this.  I get it no matter what there’s homers that think every player on this team are great , whether it’s Artrell Hawkins , Maualuga ,  Fisher , Cook there were even people defending Ogbuehi in his 5th year saying he was misplaced at Right tackle.  

Vigil is definitely upgradable whether it’s Nick or whoever.

There's also posters on this board who think every player on this team sucks, or makes them out to be worse than they are. Is Vigil upgradable, absolutely. But give him one or two decent linebackers to pair him with, he is decent.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 12:19 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: LB Nick Kwaitkowski n Bengals getting lots of attention.

I like Nick Kwiatkoski and would love to get a Mountianeer on the roster and add to my jersey collection but I don't see the fit. They need someone they can pair with Pratt's downhill approach that can handle carrying TEs in coverage down the field and that's not Nick K.

I have heard the Bears are talking about releasing Leonard Floyd I think he would be good fit if the Bengals are wanting to run alot more odd looks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 01:45 PM)Synric Wrote: I like Nick Kwiatkoski and would love to get a Mountianeer on the roster and add to my jersey collection but I don't see the fit. They need someone they can pair with Pratt's downhill approach that can handle carrying TEs in coverage down the field and that's not Nick K.

I have heard the Bears are talking about releasing Leonard Floyd I think he would be good fit if the Bengals are wanting to run alot more odd looks.

Would be awesome to get Floyd. Cool
Reply/Quote
His played improved as the year went along especially the last two or three games, if my memory serves me well. If anything, he played his heart out for his next contract. More than likely not here though.
Reply/Quote