Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Night Court Revival!
I'm not nearly as excited about this as the title makes it sound because it started in 84, so I was pretty much in my Saved By The Bell phased by the time in stop airing in 92 (born in 84).

If I remember correctly, it was kind of funny and not a bad show.

I just saw an ad on my phone in the break of a game.

Has anyone seen the new episodes?

Is it worth watching?
Reply/Quote
They already had their first season. 2nd season just started with episode 2 tonight. It's ok. Just feels weird with basically an all new cast.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 06:20 PM)cinci4life Wrote: They already had their first season. 2nd season just started with episode 2 tonight. It's ok. Just feels weird with basically an all new cast.

Yeah, that would be weird. 

I had seen where a few cast members were back so I just assumed it would be the same (even though they're probably all in their 70s by now).

Is Bull still in it?!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 06:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, that would be weird. 

I had seen where a few cast members were back so I just assumed it would be the same (even though they're probably all in their 70s by now).

Is Bull still in it?!

No he died. Dan Fielding is the only returning cast member although Roz is back at the start of season 2. Don't know for how long though.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
It's not a bad show, as sitcoms go. The main attraction is John Larroquette. His Dan Fielding is now older, somewhat wiser, and not as frantic as the first show. But he's still every bit as acerbic and funny.

I wouldn't call it appointment television, but if you're looking for a distraction for a half hour, you could certainly do worse.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Ehh..Remakes a few decades too late always suck. I guess it has more to do with the near total lack of creativity in Hooywood..or maybe it's my age and lack of interest in network TV..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 05:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm not nearly as excited about this as the title makes it sound because it started in 84, so I was pretty much in my Saved By The Bell phased by the time in stop airing in 92 (born in 84).

If I remember correctly, it was kind of funny and not a bad show.

I just saw an ad on my phone in the break of a game.

Has anyone seen the new episodes?

Is it worth watching?

original show is probably the better watch...    The new one is okay but the best part of the new show is the guy that returned from the first run. (i started season one and lost interest half way thru)
Reply/Quote
This isn’t bad I guess, but not close to the original. Better than the new Will and Grace and Murphy Brown. I think the Conners have done an outstanding job.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote