Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikita Whitlock
Now, his Giants got beat pretty good by the Eagles Monday Night, but I thought it was interesting to see Whitlock play FB and DT on some snaps for the Giants. Looks like he is making the most of his opportunity.  Good for him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also tearing it up on special teams. Would have been nice to have a creative enough coaching staff to create that type of role on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 03:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Also tearing it up on special teams. Would have been nice to have a creative enough coaching staff to create that type of role on the Bengals.

I think they had the foresight to sign his as an UDFA, but they had too much talent to keep him.  In other words, he couldn't get snaps over Hewitt or anyone on the front four.  I am happy for him, though.  I love players that don't necessarily fit "the mold".
Reply/Quote
I remember he did something like 40 bench reps at the combine.  That is ridiculous for a guy who weighed only 250.  Then when he got suspended last year i was pretty sure that he was just a steroid-fueled flash in the pan.  But I also noticed him taking snaps at DT in both of the Giants last two games.

I also noticed Marshall Newhouse starting at RT for the Giants.  He was getting abused by the Eagles, and the pressure on Manning was what changed the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 03:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Also tearing it up on special teams. Would have been nice to have a creative enough coaching staff to create that type of role on the Bengals.

Bengals chose to have better players instead of having to get more creative with lesser talent. 
Reply/Quote
The Giants are starved for talent. They have Newhouse starting at tackle.

Problem with have a deep roster . Heard lap say that Ogbhuei (sp ) is 100% and ready to go . And that burfict is coming along well. Both are just waiting for an injury to push them to active. The roster depth is crazy.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 03:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Now, his Giants got beat pretty good by the Eagles Monday Night, but I thought it was interesting to see Whitlock play FB and DT on some snaps for the Giants. Looks like he is making the most of his opportunity.  Good for him.

Had somewhat high hopes for this guy when we signed him as a UDFA.

Happy he is catching on with another team but he wasn't going to make it here as a FB or a DT.

Wasn't going to happen.
Reply/Quote

You mean get rid of Hewitt as the FB and who as the DT?
Reply/Quote
I remember Whitlock was considered the favorite for starting FB when we first signed him, then Hewitt overtook him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 04:47 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I remember Whitlock was considered the favorite for starting FB when we first signed him, then Hewitt overtook him.

Yep.  Whitlock was getting a lot of hype as a potential "sleeper", but I had never heard of Hewitt.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 04:47 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I remember Whitlock was considered the favorite for starting FB when we first signed him, then Hewitt overtook him.

Marvin and mike made the right call on that one.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 03:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The Giants are starved for talent. They have Newhouse starting at tackle.

Problem with have a deep roster . Heard lap say that Ogbhuei (sp ) is 100% and ready to go . And that burfict is coming along well. Both are just waiting for an injury to push them to active. The roster depth is crazy.

I don't buy it on Burfict. The linebacker depth is below average and the quality at the position is average at-best. If Burfict was ready to go, he would be the starter and best LB on the roster by a mile. He's not ready and I still maintain we won't see him for at least 4-6 more weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 05:49 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote:  If Burfict was ready to go, he would be the starter and best LB on the roster by a mile.  He's not ready and I still maintain we won't see him for at least 4-6 more weeks.

You have no idea if he is ready or not.

I kind of doubt that he plays the first week he returns (Pitt), and then we play just 4 days later on Thursday night.  But there is no reason to think he won't be back for the second half of the season (11-16 Houston)
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 05:49 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I don't buy it on Burfict. The linebacker depth is below average and the quality at the position is average at-best. If Burfict was ready to go, he would be the starter and best LB on the roster by a mile. He's not ready and I still maintain we won't see him for at least 4-6 more weeks.

even when hes ready to practice he will be a few weeks out from game shape.
Reply/Quote
Why are folks saying Hewitt over Whitlock; IMO we had room for both. Whitlock is more of a traditional FB, the role we use Peko in.

Whitlock could have been kept at the expense of Thompson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 01:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why are folks saying Hewitt over Whitlock; IMO we had room for both. Whitlock is more of a traditional FB, the role we use Peko in.

Whitlock could have been kept at the expense of Thompson

but is he better @ DT than thompson?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 01:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but is he better @ DT than thompson?

You are most likely better @ DT than thompson.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I remember he did something like 40 bench reps at the combine.  That is ridiculous for a guy who weighed only 250.  Then when he got suspended last year i was pretty sure that he was just a steroid-fueled flash in the pan.  But I also noticed him taking snaps at DT in both of the Giants last two games.

I also noticed Marshall Newhouse starting at RT for the Giants.  He was getting abused by the Eagles, and the pressure on Manning was what changed the game.

This was the only reason why I kept watching that game... It was entertaining to watch Newhouse getting manhandled on every snap.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 01:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but is he better @ DT than thompson?

No.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 01:33 PM)djs7685 Wrote: No.

Then this is settled.
Reply/Quote