Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nikki Haley-What was the cause of the Civil War
Maybe she is just after the Libertarian vote?

[Image: GCKmqAeWcAAz12S?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: GCinlCYWMAA4UuV?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
[Image: d23c28_1-1-1320x880-jpg.881196]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:13 AM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe she is just after the Libertarian vote?

Yikes.

Every day I am convinced more and more that social media was a mistake and I am glad I am not on it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 02:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yikes.

Every day I am convinced more and more that social media was a mistake and I am glad I am not on it.

It's done some good and some bad.

In this case it allows outsiders to see what group like that think before voting.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 12:05 PM)pally Wrote: We can tap dance around all the other causes that are discussed but they all center around slavery.
Every state in the Confederacy mentioned slavery in their "new" state constitutions.  The Articles of Succession discussed how slavery was paramount to their economy.  
Economy-free labor
State's Rights-the right to keep slaves
Lincoln's election- he wanted to keep the country together but didn't want the expansion of slavery.  His party, though, was for abolition

Aha! so it really WAS about the economy and "rights"!  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 03:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's done some good and some bad.

In this case it allows outsiders to see what group like that think before voting.

Which is why the best course is to not join groups so you don't have some 23-year-old relative of someone controlling the social media account and posting memes that you are now linked to regardless if you approve of it or not or if it's actually representative of it's membership or not.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 20231229edohc-a.jpg?update-time=17042250...iveGallery]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 02:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yikes.

This is true and today's TV is just as bad if not worse. I mean where else can we get accurate info and education on our lives and political advise and what is going to happen or what should happen by watching a show called the "View"... A round table of liberal hacks like Whooptie Goldberg and Joy Behar,, I always look forward to what those two psychopath's rant on about.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 12:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 20231229edohc-a.jpg?update-time=17042250...iveGallery]

What was World War 2 about, Dino?

Reply/Quote
Well, if this is a real Truth from Trump it looks like Nikki Haley isn't even eligible to be president, so this is all a moot point.

[Image: 3ba484f2099bdcc56707bf3fa33fa156]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 08:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, if this is a real Truth from Trump it looks like Nikki Haley isn't even eligible to be president, so this is all a moot point.

Ah, yes, birther movement revived.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 07:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What was World War 2 about, Dino?

An Axis of right wing regimes unleashed unprecedented death and destruction on the world.

A coalition of Liberals and Leftists finally defeated them,  

then founded a new world order based on universal human rights.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 09:35 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ah, yes, birther movement revived.

Conservative: I'm sick of being called a racist.
Trump: Someone who isn't white isn't a citizen, trust me and don't trust the documentation.
Conservative: Gotta go with Trump on this one.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 11:35 PM)Dill Wrote: An Axis of right wing regimes unleashed unprecedented death and destruction on the world.

A coalition of Liberals and Leftists finally defeated them,  

then founded a new world order based on universal human rights.

I know you two share the same hive mind, but the question was not directed at you.  Also, I was very surprised to learn that the USSR was a liberal and leftist nation, rather than a despotic regime that engaged in mass murder.  

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 03:40 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I know you two share the same hive mind, but the question was not directed at you.  Also, I was very surprised to learn that the USSR was a liberal and leftist nation, rather than a despotic regime that engaged in mass murder.  

Dude give it up.  It's just sad.

Besides it was because of the Rothschilds!   Ninja

All seriousness aside if you didn't get the joke I'd understand, but clearly you got it, don't like that the implication is she wouldn't admit we fought the Nazi's, and turned it into an attempted "gotcha".

As an aside I wish I had the knowledge and education Dill has almost as much as I wish other posters on this board did.  We'd have more informational exchanges here and fewer opinion based posts.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 08:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, if this is a real Truth from Trump it looks like Nikki Haley isn't even eligible to be president, so this is all a moot point.

P01135809 didn't say it!  He simply posted that "people are saying"!

Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: As an aside I wish I had the knowledge and education Dill has almost as much as I wish other posters on this board did.  We'd have more informational exchanges here and fewer opinion based posts.

Why would we do that when we have you?  You are all the informercial that we'll ever need.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: Dude give it up.  It's just sad.

When you two don't have the exact same opinion about every subject I'll give it up.  When was the last time you disagreed with him in a post?  I'll give you a chance right here, give me a topic you and he disagree on.  Just one of even remote substance.

Quote:Besides it was because of the Rothschilds!   Ninja

Oh look, how cute.  An attempt to ascribe conspiracy theories to me, as if I've ever expressed any such theories on this board ever.  A pathetic attempt at an attack even by your low standards.  

Quote:All seriousness aside if you didn't get the joke I'd understand, but clearly you got it, don't like that the implication is she wouldn't admit we fought the Nazi's, and turned it into an attempted "gotcha".

Oh yeah, the joke was way too subtle to catch.  Also, my question was not a gotcha question, it was sincerely asked, with a legitimate point.   If you can't answer it then just be a big boy and state as much.

Quote:As an aside I wish I had the knowledge and education Dill has almost as much as I wish other posters on this board did.  We'd have more informational exchanges here and fewer opinion based posts.

Ahaha, see the first part of this response.  Also, there's a reason no one actually engages with Dill anymore, plenty of people have stated it, but you'll never see it because, see the first part of this response.  It's actually very interesting.  You guys on the far left see any divergence from the approved group opinion as evidence of being a far right extremist.  It's why you, Dill and others are so desperate to slap the Republican label on me (or a far right conspiracy theorist, as in the very post I'm responding to).  I refuse to be in ideological lockstep with any group, as there is zero chance any group will perfectly match my positions on every issue.  You, and several others, are slavish in your adherence to far left orthodoxy and attack any perceived divergence from it.  I'd actually pity you if you hadn't bought into it so willingly.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 01:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: When you two don't have the exact same opinion about every subject I'll give it up.  When was the last time you disagreed with him in a post?  I'll give you a chance right here, give me a topic you and he disagree on.  Just one of even remote substance.

Why do you care?  Lots of people agree on lots of things on this board.  Some more than others.  On both sides of the aisle.

You just have a personal woody for me and Dill.  I get it.  Move on.

(01-15-2024, 01:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh look, how cute.  An attempt to ascribe conspiracy theories to me, as if I've ever expressed any such theories on this board ever.  A pathetic attempt at an attack even by your low standards.  

No, it was joke.  I made no reference to you saying it or believing it.  Not everything is a an "attempt to ascribe" anything to anyone.

But it gave you an opportunity to insult me again, so Kudos?

(01-15-2024, 01:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh yeah, the joke was way too subtle to catch.  Also, my question was not a gotcha question, it was sincerely asked, with a legitimate point.   If you can't answer it then just be a big boy and state as much.

There were a myriad of reasons for our entering WWII.  Pearly Harbor was the catalyst but the US was very much involved before that without actually sending our boys and men.

Fighting the spread of fascism, defending allies (and our territories).  But hey, you had another chance to insult me so more kudos. 

(01-15-2024, 01:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ahaha, see the first part of this response.  Also, there's a reason no one actually engages with Dill anymore, plenty of people have stated it, but you'll never see it because, see the first part of this response.  It's actually very interesting.  You guys on the far left see any divergence from the approved group opinion as evidence of being a far right extremist.  It's why you, Dill and others are so desperate to slap the Republican label on me (or a far right conspiracy theorist, as in the very post I'm responding to).  I refuse to be in ideological lockstep with any group, as there is zero chance any group will perfectly match my positions on every issue.  You, and several others, are slavish in your adherence to far left orthodoxy and attack any perceived divergence from it.  I'd actually pity you if you hadn't bought into it so willingly.

Dill is well educated and willing to provide in-depth response with references that I don't always know about.  I get that some people think long worded responses are too much to respond to themselves, but sometimes the topic requires more than a passing response.  I admire everyone who brings something to the discussion more than insults and personal vendettas...especially if they have sources to look at and a background where they can speak well on the subject.

Again, you don't speak for the board any more than I do.  In fact I really wish you'd quit speaking to me at all.

But thanks for again saying you know me better than I know myself.  Once again it says more about you than it does me.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 12:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why would we do that when we have you?  You are all the informercial that we'll ever need.  Ninja

There are subjects where I have the information and I try to cite as many sources as I can.

Others on here have a more educational background than I do.  That's what I meant.

Some just would rather toss insults at things they don't want to look deeper into rather than admit someone else might know more.

Oh... Ninja
Reply/Quote