Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nikki Haley announces her run for President
Some of you got your wish!

And she will stand up to bullies!  

Except Trump...lol

[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
Just admit you are anti-GOP no matter what happens. She has every right to run and I'm sure more will join in. You have to bring up Trump for some reason like you fear him or something.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 10:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Just admit you are anti-GOP no matter what happens. She has every right to run and I'm sure more will join in. You have to bring up Trump for some reason like you fear him or something.

Hilarious

Of course she has a "right" to run.

She also had to pull her head out of his orange butt to announce.  Anyone who has followed along would know that.

Of course she also said she wouldn't run if he did.

So maybe she is really just running for vice president?

Oh, side note:  I'm anti the loons on the right.  There are some good ones in there, I'm sure.  Some of my best friends are republicans.  But as the saying goes "a few bad apples" are ruining the entire bunch (party).
Reply/Quote
Anyone running for President this early is just in it to grift.
Reply/Quote
She could be DeSantis' VP but I think Trump is going to go with MTG or Kari Lake or someone like that. Conservatives who want to move on from Trump shouldn't want a crowded primary where everyone who isn't Trump gets the non Trump vote divided and Trump gets all the Trump votes. It'll be 2016 again for them and they'll get Trump.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 10:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Just admit you are anti-GOP no matter what happens. She has every right to run and I'm sure more will join in. You have to bring up Trump for some reason like you fear him or something.

Did Dino dispute her "right" to run? 

I'll bet your prediction is sound--"more will join in." 

I often do bring up Trump because I DO fear him, and his legacy

He tried to overturn a lawful election with a faux-legal coup 
that spiraled down into violence, which he declined to stop.

And now this 5-time bankrupt, twice impeached candidate --currently investigated
for rape, financial fraud and sedition--is the front runner of the GOP.

Until their comfort level with authoritarians drops, I think most
Americans SHOULD be "against the GOP, no matter what happens."
Reply/Quote
Isn't Trump just going to say her real name with a lazy convenience store indian accent while pointing to his forehead like that is a red dot on it?

Kick that with your high heels, Narita "rice and curry" Ranhawanadalana whatever!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 12:56 PM)Dill Wrote: He tried to overturn a lawful election with a faux-legal coup 
that spiraled down into violence, which he declined to stop.

And now this 5-time bankrupt, twice impeached candidate --currently investigated
for rape, financial fraud and sedition--is the front runner of the GOP.

Until their comfort level with authoritarians drops, I think most
Americans SHOULD be "against the GOP, no matter what happens."

bet you believe covid vaccine protects you too.

The media seems to have you
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 03:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: bet you believe covid vaccine protects you too.

The covid vaccine gave me herpes...at least that's the story I told the wife.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 03:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: bet you believe covid vaccine protects you too.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476xqiee6f1v5pu198p6...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 04:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The covid vaccine gave me herpes...at least that's the story I told the wife.

Dang, I knew it! I knew it all along.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 02:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Isn't Trump just going to say her real name with a lazy convenience store indian accent while pointing to his forehead like that is a red dot on it?

Kick that with your high heels, Narita "rice and curry" Ranhawanadalana whatever!

LOL I'm waiting for the demeaning nick name. Part of the GOP drama now.
Reply/Quote

Or maybe factual reporting has me.  Possible, sure.

Sounds like you aren't fooled by that sort of thing, though. 

Capitol riot wasn't really that bad, right? 

And anyway Trump told his armed and angry followers to be "peaceful."
Reply/Quote
Seems like Trump has his knives out for her and she's doing the rounds and is unable to say anything negative about Trump, so explaining why people should vote for her and not just for Trump is a tough task.  As meh as it is that democrats have an unpopular 80 year old guy as their standard bearer, the GOP is stuck with a bunch of candidates who aren't allowed to say anything bad about a guy who hasn't delivered them a win in over 6 years.  It's a rough road.

Maybe this sort of plays into the Jan 6 thing...Trump wins because he insulted and bullied every GOP candidate there was in 2016, now even after losing to Biden the GOP is afraid to attack him.  It's like he might have some sort of undue influence over a certain group of people who think peaceful protest involves killing people.  Nahh....couldn't be.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/nikki-haley-unable-explain-better-2024-option-trump-1234681025/
Reply/Quote
She’s not right wing enough to appeal to the MAGA crowd. She’s too Trump loyal to appeal to anyone else. Democrats and independents will never vote for a a Republican who refuses to take Trump on. She’s been too wish washy position wise for anyone to truly understand her position. She’ll state something and the minute she gets pushback she’ll change it. Her argument about voting for her seems to be that she is younger than Trump and kicks while wearing high heels.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 09:41 AM)pally Wrote: She’s not right wing enough to appeal to the MAGA crowd. She’s too Trump loyal to appeal to anyone else.  Democrats and independents will never vote for a a Republican who refuses to take Trump on. She’s been too wish washy position wise for anyone to truly understand her position.  She’ll state something and the minute she gets  pushback she’ll change it.  Her argument about voting for her seems to be that she is younger than Trump and kicks while wearing high heels.

She's got to be vying for DeSantis' VP pick for her foreign policy experience balancing out his lack thereof.  She can't win the new MAGA infiltrated GOP. 

Trump will let everyone know she isn't white, she cited Hilary as an inspiration, she has a silly name, and that she bleeds out of her you know where.  She's mostly going to take votes from DeSantis. Trump has also said she's too ambitious which seems like the start of what is likely to be an increasingly fierce attack on her bring a woman.

Actually DeSantis might not pick her to be VP if she's hurting his chances to beat Trump. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 10:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: She's got to be vying for DeSantis' VP pick for her foreign policy experience balancing out his lack thereof.  She can't win the new MAGA infiltrated GOP. 

Trump will let everyone know she isn't white, she cited Hilary as an inspiration, she has a silly name, and that she bleeds out of her you know where.  She's mostly going to take votes from DeSantis. Trump has also said she's too ambitious which seems like the start of what is likely to be an increasingly fierce attack on her bring a woman.

Actually DeSantis might not pick her to be VP if she's hurting his chances to beat Trump. 

VP nominees are not picked until after the Primaries.  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 12:09 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: VP nominees are not picked until after the Primaries.  Mellow

Of course.  But the theory is that she knows she can't win the primaries so she's trying to showcase what she can add to a ticket as a potential VP.

Unless you knew that and were joking.  Then: Duh. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 12:09 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: VP nominees are not picked until after the Primaries.  Mellow

I know that.  Running for president opens all sorts of doors that aren't about getting the nomination.  You could get the VP, get a book deal, get a gig on a major network, set yourself up to make a bigger push in the next presidential election, etc.

Biden ran for president in 88 and got zilch, ran for president in 08 and got the VP, and then ran in 2020 and became president.  If you can get on that stage, you do it because someone else will if you wont.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 03:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know that.  Running for president opens all sorts of doors that aren't about getting the nomination.  You could get the VP, get a book deal, get a gig on a major network, set yourself up to make a bigger push in the next presidential election, etc.

Biden ran for president in 88 and got zilch, ran for president in 08 and got the VP, and then ran in 2020 and became president.  If you can get on that stage, you do it because someone else will if you wont.

What you said above has nothing, repeat nothing to do with Desantis choosing her or not for the VP and hurting his chances against Trump because she won't be an issue until AFTER the Primaries of the GOP.

What does in your words "  Running for president opens all sorts of doors that aren't about getting the nomination.  You could get the VP, get a book deal, get a gig on a major network, set yourself up to make a bigger push in the next presidential election, etc."

Have to deal with Desantis vs Trump in the primaries when the VP nominee is not even considered yet????

The VP nominee is NEVER considered until the Dem or Rep candidate has wrapped up their respective primaries. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote