Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niners release former Pro Bowl OL Zane Beadles
Second round pick for Broncos in 2010.

Started rookie season.

Pro Bowl at LG his third season,

Started 110 of 112 games from 2010 through 2016.

Over the last two seasons he has started at four different positions (OC, LG, LT, RT) for the Niners.

He'll be 32 this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 01:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Second round pick for Broncos in 2010.

Started rookie season.

Over the last two seasons he has started at four different positions (OC, LG, LT, RT) for the Niners.

He'll be 32 this year.

And as luck would have it: we need a RG
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 01:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Second round pick for Broncos in 2010.

Started rookie season.

He'll be 32 this year.

"IF" he could be of help by all means pick him up!

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 01:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And as luck would have it: we need a RG

Could be an improvement at RT as well, although I know there's still some hope for Fisher.

Could be valuable for his versatility alone. You never know when someone might get injured.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Beadles received a PFF grade of 32.9 last season, good for ranking 79th among offensive tackles.

For comparison's sake, Ogbuehi received a grade of 41.0, ranking him at 70th among offensive tackles.

My Jaguars sources tell me that he wasn't very good when he played guard for them.  It would seem that there was a good reason as to why the 9ers kept bouncing him around to different positions before cutting him.
Reply/Quote
If he can play RG, then why not. Im not sold on the guys we have now.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He fits the narrative as a cut FA to not play into the comp pick formula, and they like versatility. His Pro Bowl year was 2012, so I don't know how much he has left in the tank based off of the PFF stats above, but I'd be for it.
Reply/Quote
I think he rode the pine much of last season
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 04:14 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Beadles received a PFF grade of 32.9 last season, good for ranking 79th among offensive tackles.

For comparison's sake, Ogbuehi received a grade of 41.0, ranking him at 70th among offensive tackles.

My Jaguars sources tell me that he wasn't very good when he played guard for them.  It would seem that there was a good reason as to why the 9ers kept bouncing him around to different positions before cutting him.

I don't put much credit in PFF, but he was not released as a salary move.  He was only making about $4 million a year.

Beadles had already lost his starting job in 2017 then over the offseason the Niners signed free agent OC Weston Richberg (5 yr $48 million) and OG Jonathan Cooper (1 yr $5 mill) then drafted Mike McGlinchy.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 10:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think he rode the pine much of last season

Got 4 starts at RT because the starter got injured.
Reply/Quote
I'll pass. Apparently he has declined since 2012 and we have a lot of young guys needing snaps in practice. Why bring in a declining vet to steal snaps.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 01:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And as luck would have it: we need a RG

wrong..westerman was lights out when given the opportunity last year..younger and better
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 11:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Got 4 starts at RT because the starter got injured.

well which four starts the 0-4 or the 4-0
Reply/Quote
Beadles has never been good and absolutely NEVER should have made a PB; being on the Broncos, helped.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I would love to find a Right Tackle but we should have added somebody during the draft. This guy isn't the answer. I still have hope for Westerman at Right Guard but it will be a miracle if Fisher or Bobby Hart somehow are able to play decent at Right Tackle in my opinion.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 12:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Beadles has never been good and absolutely NEVER should have made a PB; being on the Broncos, helped.

He started pretty much every game for the Broncos for four straight years (62 of 64)

Then Jacksonville signed him to be a starter (32 of 32)

Then the Niners signed him to be a starter.

He may not be great, but multiple coaching staffs thought he was at least starter quality.

I honestly know nothing about the guy.  Just know some people here have tossed around the idea that we would sign some vet that got cut by another team.
Reply/Quote
Couldn't hurt to kick the tires as an experienced back-up or potential starter.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 01:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Couldn't hurt to kick the tires as an experienced back-up or potential starter.

Agree and we need to kick the tires of any OL that is any good at all this offseason. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He has been cut twice, I pass.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He started pretty much every game for the Broncos for four straight years (62 of 64)

Then Jacksonville signed him to be a starter (32 of 32)

Then the Niners signed him to be a starter.

He may not be great, but multiple coaching staffs thought he was at least starter quality.

I honestly know nothing about the guy.  Just know some people here have tossed around the idea that we would sign some vet that got cut by another team.

Mhm, just like Gabe Carimi was signed away twice to be a starter; those teams found out pretty quickly, that he wasn't up to snuff.

My guess is that Beadles was given a bit more rope; those Denver and Jacksonville lines were absolutely atrocious.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote