Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nixon’s Vietnam Treachery
(01-04-2017, 01:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah I used the wrong word. I knew it wasn't permanent.

Like I said *I* feel he lied, but he played the game with the hand they dealt him.  So he basically skated.  And really felt, even then, that he should have resigned.

I was just pointing out that he got away with it (mostly) be being (mostly) clever.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
You've learned well at the feet of your master: when called out, change the subject.  ThumbsUp
(01-04-2017, 11:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You've learned well at the feet of your master: when called out, change the subject.  ThumbsUp

Lame
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-02-2017, 02:30 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I don't doubt it, but can we use "notes" not written by Nixon (and not verified to have been penned on a specific date), to condemn him ?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Yes, historians use such notes all the time.  Haldeman was in the chain of command directly under Nixon.  As a glorified "gopher", his job was to arrange much of N's. under the table skulduggery.  Why would Haldeman be making notes on his progress with Chennault if he were not communicating with her to accomplish some policy end? Even if there is not date on the notes, they are like filed between or with other notes that make clear the chronological progression of communiques.

The only question would be whether the notes were out of library custody at any point so someone could have substituted fakes. Someone would have to know about the scandal and Haldeman's notes, and be planning very far ahead for that to happen--almost like the guy who put Obama's birth notice in those Hawaiian papers back in the 60s to legitimize his run fro president 50 years later!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-08-2017, 06:48 PM)Dill Wrote: The only question would be whether the notes were out of library custody at any point so someone could have substituted fakes.

This.

But once again, I don't really doubt the validity.
My concern was merely on proper form of methodically determining such.
Don't think I'm standing up for Nixon.
As I've admitted here before, I knew VERY little about politics, until interacting in this forum like 2 years ago.
The only things I knew of Nixon was of Watergate, patronizing Elvis, and what I learned from Rich Little impressions and Futurama.
So there ya go.
(01-08-2017, 07:53 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Don't think I'm standing up for Nixon.

LOL, no, I didn't. He was dastardly, but I did like his opening of relations with China.

By current Republican standards he would be a RINO, maybe even a liberal or "communist".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]