Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Bengals Preseason but Season still on.
Lets end this season over nonsense on here. As of now the players wanted no meaningless preseason games as owners went from 4 to 2 to 1 to None as players demanded. Lets face it, NFL has been needing to cut down on preseason games anyway. Any post on preseason hopes, all of you always say NO INJURIES every year. In Covid they can get as much done in practice. The preseason is always vanilla offense and defense as teams hide their real offense and defense for regular season. I can't watch preseason anymore, it is so bad.

I agree with players that they can prepare for season just as much in practices starting in August. NFL starts around September 10th. The Commish says all plans are for a full season and a Super Bowl.

So according to NFL, they plan on a full season. Just no preseason. One year Bengals went 4-0 in preseason and 4-12 in regular season and ever since I didn't put too much into preseason. Joe Heisman Burrow can get his reps in practice. PLEASE no more practice in Dayton where AJ Green said he got injured on their not so good turf last year.

So August practices and season Sept 10th. This won't effect my Fantasy Picks because it would be silly to go on preseason on picks. I will have to get some teams by Sept 1st, not that far away. Always that run on running backs first 2 rounds, so much some end up weak at QB and that will kill you in points each week.

GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I am not going to say they won't play. I am planning on them trying to play, and I hope like hell that they play. But I won't be surprised if they don't.

So let's just all think positive, and stop fighting over it.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 09:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not going to say they won't play.  I am planning on them trying to play, and I hope like hell that they play. But I won't be surprised if they don't.

So let's just all think positive, and stop fighting over it.

Now that's what we need.  No need to argue over the damn virus.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully they will all follow the guidelines and we will have football this year.
It’s concerning seeing what’s already happening in MLB. I read that several Marlins players went out and hung out at the hotel bar and other places while they were in Atlanta then, of course, they ended up infecting others.
I hope NFL players and teams are seeing this and learning from the Marlins mistakes.

The main concern with football is that players can follow protocols but still get infected because of the contact. Even if they start the season on time there are no guarantees that they won’t have to cancel at some point. I am just going to enjoy whatever games we do get to see and hope for the best.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 02:18 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Hopefully they will all follow the guidelines and we will have football this year.
It’s concerning seeing what’s already happening in MLB.  I read that several Marlins players went out and hung out at the hotel bar and other places while they were in Atlanta then, of course, they ended up infecting others.
I hope NFL players and teams are seeing this and learning from the Marlins mistakes.

The main concern with football is that players can follow protocols but still get infected because of the contact.  Even if they start the season on time there are no guarantees that they won’t have to cancel at some point.  I am just going to enjoy whatever games we do get to see and hope for the best.

I'd hate to see the MLB season wiped out, but it would probably be the best thing that could happen for the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 06:08 AM)kevin Wrote: Lets end this season over nonsense on here.  As of now the players wanted no meaningless preseason games as owners went from 4 to 2 to 1 to None as players demanded.  Lets face it, NFL has been needing to cut down on preseason games anyway.  Any post on preseason hopes, all of you always say NO INJURIES every year.   In Covid they can get as much done in practice.  The preseason is always vanilla offense and defense as teams hide their real offense and defense for regular season. I can't watch preseason anymore, it is so bad.  

I agree with players that they can prepare for season just as much in practices starting in August.  NFL starts around September 10th.  The Commish says all plans are for a full season and a Super Bowl.  

So according to NFL, they plan on a full season. Just no preseason.  One year Bengals went 4-0 in preseason and 4-12 in regular season and ever since I didn't put too much into preseason.   Joe Heisman Burrow can get his reps in practice.  PLEASE no more practice in Dayton where AJ Green said he got injured on their not so good turf last year.

So August practices and season Sept 10th. This won't effect my Fantasy Picks because it would be silly to go on preseason on picks. I will have to get some teams by Sept 1st, not that far away.  Always that run on running backs first 2 rounds, so much some end up weak at QB and that will kill you in points each week.

GO BENGALS.

I am okay with it, just want football. Just thought it would help our young players to get in some Preseason games and it 
would help more young players make an NFL roster. Without Preseason a lot of young player's dreams are destroyed which
I think sucks. Burrow should be fine though listening to him speak.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 02:18 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Hopefully they will all follow the guidelines and we will have football this year.
It’s concerning seeing what’s already happening in MLB. I read that several Marlins players went out and hung out at the hotel bar and other places while they were in Atlanta then, of course, they ended up infecting others.

The main concern with football is that players can follow protocols but still get infected because of the contact. Even if they start the season on time there are no guarantees that they won’t have to cancel at some point. I am just going to enjoy whatever games we do get to see and hope for the best.

They all need to wear those eye shields under their facemasks, and it needs to cover the whole face... Not fool proof, but it might help.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 06:08 AM)kevin Wrote: Lets end this season over nonsense on here.  As of now the players wanted no meaningless preseason games as owners went from 4 to 2 to 1 to None as players demanded.  Lets face it, NFL has been needing to cut down on preseason games anyway.  Any post on preseason hopes, all of you always say NO INJURIES every year.   In Covid they can get as much done in practice.  The preseason is always vanilla offense and defense as teams hide their real offense and defense for regular season. I can't watch preseason anymore, it is so bad.  

I agree with players that they can prepare for season just as much in practices starting in August.  NFL starts around September 10th.  The Commish says all plans are for a full season and a Super Bowl.  

So according to NFL, they plan on a full season. Just no preseason.  One year Bengals went 4-0 in preseason and 4-12 in regular season and ever since I didn't put too much into preseason.   Joe Heisman Burrow can get his reps in practice.  PLEASE no more practice in Dayton where AJ Green said he got injured on their not so good turf last year.

So August practices and season Sept 10th. This won't effect my Fantasy Picks because it would be silly to go on preseason on picks. I will have to get some teams by Sept 1st, not that far away.  Always that run on running backs first 2 rounds, so much some end up weak at QB and that will kill you in points each week.

GO BENGALS.

That field in Dayton sucked, and they had no business practicing on it, but that is not why AJ was injured. DreKirk tangled with him and stepped on his foot. Could have happened anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 02:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That field in Dayton sucked, and they had no business practicing on it, but that is not why AJ was injured. DreKirk tangled with him and stepped on his foot. Could have happened anywhere.

Just an update... The field they were supposed to practice on that day is done now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 02:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That field in Dayton sucked, and they had no business practicing on it, but that is not why AJ was injured. DreKirk tangled with him and stepped on his foot. Could have happened anywhere.
I know its ticky-tack. I'm not trying to bust your balls, but AJ came down on DreKirk's foot, causing his ankle to roll and we all know the rest...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 04:31 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I know its ticky-tack. I'm not trying to bust your balls, but AJ came down on DreKirk's foot, causing his ankle to roll and we all know the rest...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ok, so someone stepped on someone's foot. Still had nothing to do with the field.
Reply/Quote
12 padded practices to get ready for the season...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 04:35 PM)Synric Wrote: 12 padded practices to get ready for the season...

How many do we usually have?
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How many do we usually have?

12 but with 4 preseason games to get live reps. I agree they should cut the preseason to two games however a couple games with live reps to get the feel of full speed football helps alot. Especially with the limits on practices.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 05:33 PM)Synric Wrote: 12 but with 4 preseason games to get live reps. I agree they should cut the preseason to two games however a couple games with live reps to get the feel of full speed football helps alot. Especially with the limits on practices.

Thanks and yeah feel the same. Shouldn't of canceled ALL of the preseason games, 2 would of been just fine.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks and yeah feel the same. Shouldn't of canceled ALL of the preseason games, 2 would of been just fine.

Yeah.  I predict a lot of injuries, early.  Please not us though!!   Nervous
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 07:11 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah.  I predict a lot of injuries, early.  Please not us though!!   Nervous

Amen.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 04:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, so someone stepped on someone's foot. Still had nothing to do with the field.
WhoDey2 Nope, never did...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
[Image: this-is-fine.0.jpg]
Reply/Quote