Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF, Preseason Finale
Boring, boring, BORING game, but that doesn't mean we didn't see a lot of good and bad. Little is awesome, btw. Note, these grades have changed from Friday, which means they did their second look.

Top 5 on O:

1. Lengel with a +1.8. Purely a run-blocking performance and he did a great job. Only ran 5 routes with no targets. PS.

2. Wilder with a +1.8. He really looks good out there, doesn't he? God, I wish they could keep him around, but looks unlikely...

3. O'Donnell with a +1.3. His best showing of the pre-season, but most-likely won't make the squad, sadly.

4. Tate with a +1.1. Saved his job. Great run on that crossing route.

5. Hopkins with a +0.4. Think he makes the team, but I see the same thing RR does; he's like Geno from last year.

Top 3 on Colts:

1. Duron Carter +0.8 (hope he makes the team!)
2. Kitt O'Brien +0.7
3. Vick Ballard +0.6

Bottom 5 on O:

Alford -0.9 (still think he makes the team. Flashed on Thursday)

Wenning -1.3 (PS)

Fisher -1.8.  (Ugh... 1 sack 3 hurries)

Watson -2.1 (not going on PS or 53, unless Wilder is plucked)

Toasted Macarron -6.3 (didn't think he looked THAT bad, but he sucked on Thursday)

Top 5 on O:

1. CLH with a +3.0. Yeah, he will probably be on the team with that pick...

2. Carter with a +2.3. He's gotta make the team, regardless who he's done it against.

3. Hunt with a +2.0. His run D was superb, pass rush ok and for some reason, we put him in coverage which hurt his grade. Borderline.

4. Hawk with a +1.7. Obviously making it.

5. Hardison with a +1.4. Think he will be inactive, but make it.

Top 3 on Colts:

1. Chapman +3.7
2. Montori Hughes +2.3
3. Geathers +2.1

Bottom 5 on D:

Shaw -0.1 (not a bad night. I like how he grabs the jersey if the player he's against is too far away to tackle)

Floyd Raven Jr. -0.4 (He's gone, despite the pick)

Clarke -1.1 (solid run game work on Thursday, but bad pass rush; will be good for us in the rotation)

Dimanche -1.2 (-1.3 came from coverage. Borderline)

Yams -1.5 (almost entire grade is from the penalty)

On teams, Dimanche had 3 tackles and an assist, while Nuge' was in the green.

GOnna be an interesting day, today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Will definitely be an interesting day. Just wish it would go on and get started.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Ive been thinking chris Lewis Harris might be decent trade bait for like a 2016 5th or 6th. Bengals are really deep at corner and CLH can play inside outside and special teams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Ive been thinking chris Lewis Harris might be decent trade bait for like a 2016 5th or 6th.  Bengals are really deep at corner and CLH can play inside outside and special teams.

You hit this one on the head.  He is only getting better.  I didn't put him on my final 53, but I would be all for putting uzomah on the PS and putting him on the 53 for trade.  Gives another good special teams guy and opens a spot for burfict.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Ive been thinking chris Lewis Harris might be decent trade bait for like a 2016 5th or 6th.  Bengals are really deep at corner and CLH can play inside outside and special teams.

Haven't I been hearing there are lots of teams hurting at CB?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The CLH trade prospect is very logical, but don't think it'll happen.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
McCarron -6.3 Holy shit! Seems like PFF loves to be stingy with +ratings but sure loves to dish out the -'s

I was critical of McCarron watching the game too. He had at least 3 bad passes, one that was almost an interception. However, there was no blocking all night and he still made some plays in spite of it. -6.3 wtf PFF.
Reply/Quote
Also there wasn't much blocking in the run game either. I think that's why Wilder looked like the best HB out there because he's more of a yac back and got through the first arm tackle. If there was better blocking I think peerman and others would have made bigger plays in the run game.
Reply/Quote
For some reason, I keep picturing Tate running around his house yelling "A positive number!!!!'
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:54 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: McCarron -6.3 Holy shit! Seems like PFF loves to be stingy with +ratings but sure loves to dish out the -'s

I was critical of McCarron watching the game too. He had at least 3 bad passes, one that was almost an interception. However, there was no blocking all night and he still made some plays in spite of it. -6.3 wtf PFF.

Ok

Let's assume PFF was too tough.

How much?

The point is he did not play well regardless of the circumstance. He was very inconsistent, the same trait AD gets destroyed for is being inconsistent. A QB (any QB and not AJ) can't be inconsistent and be a great QB.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 10:33 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Ok

Let's assume PFF was too tough.

How much?

The point is he did not play well regardless of the circumstance. He was very inconsistent, the same trait AD gets destroyed for is being inconsistent. A QB (any QB and not AJ) can't be inconsistent and be a great QB.

Well look at it like this in the Bears game McCarron was 
12/17 149 ydrs 8.8 avg 1 TD 0 INT 2-13 Sacks 117.0 Rat
His QB rating going into halftime was perfect and still PFF gave a 3.2 (Which I think was later lowered to a 2. something for some reason)

In the Colts game AJM was
15/28 219 7.8 0 0 4-14 79.3
Not absolutely horrible numbers but he gets a -6.3 

I would say a -3 would be more appropriate for some of his inaccurate throws but the stats are pretty neutral on his performance overall it could have easily been a 0.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 02:15 AM)BayouBengal Wrote: Well look at it like this in the Bears game McCarron was 
His QB rating going into halftime was perfect and still PFF gave a 3.2 (Which I think was later lowered to a 2. something for some reason)

I would say a -3 would be more appropriate for some of his inaccurate throws but the stats are pretty neutral on his performance overall it could have easily been a 0.

He also fumbled the ball twice.

How may points did he lead the team to against the Colts?

He did not play a good game, but he did show composure at times and he did have a few very good throws.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 02:15 AM)BayouBengal Wrote: Well look at it like this in the Bears game McCarron was 

You also lose points for bad throws and bad reads. 
Reply/Quote