Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Bengals players claimed on Waivers.
(09-06-2015, 02:49 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I was most concerned about D Williams, glad he sticks around. There wasn't really a spot for Wilder in our backfield, but I thought someone would snatch him up as a 3rd stringer.

There is, but we value locker room and ST more apparently 
Reply/Quote
What!....no Obarski!

The only one I didn't care for on that list was TE Lengel. Although as thin as we are at TE, I see why they kept him.
Reply/Quote
Our PS is pretty talented. I think we will lose some of them to other teams during the course of the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Where are all those naysayers who said guys like Wilder and Williams would never (I use never as they used it) get through waivers so  needed to cut guys on our 53 man roster

Someone may still grab someone, but it appears the FO and ML again did a great job locking up the right guys
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 04:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Where are all those naysayers who said guys like Wilder and Williams would never (I use never as they used it) get through waivers so  needed to cut guys on our 53 man roster

Someone may still grab someone, but it appears the FO and ML again did a great job locking up the right guys

The Giants claimed a DT who was waived by another team. They practiced and played against Deshawn Williams for a week and still passed on him in favor of another DT.
Reply/Quote
Excuse my ignorance but I thought that any team can claim a guy from our PS at any time. So what is the difference between them claiming then yesterday vs. them just claiming them off our PS tomorrow?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 04:49 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Excuse my ignorance but I thought that any team can claim a guy from our PS at any time.  So what is the difference between them claiming then yesterday vs. them just claiming them off our PS tomorrow?

They can but they can't just put one of our guys on their squad, they have to place him on the 53 if I'm not mistaken.
Reply/Quote
This is a big deal to all those guys on the PS as it means $6600 per week for a min. of 3 weeks.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 04:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Where are all those naysayers who said guys like Wilder and Williams would never (I use never as they used it) get through waivers so  needed to cut guys on our 53 man roster

Williams reportedly turned down several offers to stay with the Bengals.

So yeah....
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 04:50 PM)Stormborn Wrote: They can but they can't just put one of our guys on their squad, they have to place him on the 53 if I'm not mistaken.

Didn't the Bucs take Dez Briscoe just by paying him more to be on their practice squad? I can't remember exactly how that went down.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 08:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Didn't the Bucs take Dez Briscoe just by paying him more to be on their practice squad? I can't remember exactly how that went down.

I think he was in agreement to join ours but didn't fully sign then Bucs offered more money...which is generally considered bad practice 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 03:51 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: There is, but we value locker room and ST more apparently 

Wrong.  We value talent, just like the other 31 teams that passed on him.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 09:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong.  We value talent, just like the other 31 teams that passed on him.

That's not true either.
Explain Robert Geathers, or our refusal for the last 3 years to adequately address the NT problem?

If you are deemed a "good locker room" guy you will essentially have a life long contract here. 

Another example: TJ Johnson wouldn't make it on any other team in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 09:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's not true either.
Explain Robert Geathers, or our refusal for the last 3 years to adequately address the NT problem?

If you are deemed a "good locker room" guy you will essentially have a life long contract here. 

Easy to explain.  You are wrong about how bad those guys were.

It is one thing to claim that you know more than the Bengals coaches.  It is another thing to claim that you know more than every coach on every team in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 09:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Another example: TJ Johnson wouldn't make it on any other team in the NFL

Again you have nothing to back this up except your opinion which means nothing.
Reply/Quote
I think this is the best practice squad we've had in a long time.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Wait, so we have the practice squad we wanted, or the one no one else wanted? Hmm...
Reply/Quote
I heard Enterprise Rent-A-Car claimed Brandon Ghee. Is this not true? Confused
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 11:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I heard Enterprise Rent-A-Car claimed Brandon Ghee.  Is this not true?  Confused

got hurt on his way to the store
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 11:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: got hurt on his way to the store

But, couldn't he just rent a car to get there then?

Employees must get discounts.
Reply/Quote