Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Bill Callahan
I was hoping if Jay Gruden got fired, we would be able to bring in Bill Callahan as a consultant to help with the o-line. He's just been named the interim HC, so I guess there goes my idea.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:26 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I was hoping if Jay Gruden got fired, we would be able to bring in Bill Callahan as a consultant to help with the o-line. He's just been named the interim HC, so I guess there goes my idea.

well just cause they fired 1 coach doesn't mean they are gonna let them all out of their contracts at the same time (during the season)
Reply/Quote
But Jay Gruden is a better OC than Taylor So maybe he could be useful
Reply/Quote
I would take Jay back as OC
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
We need to make an exhaustive list of friends and family of current Bengals coaches to improve this thing. I'll start:

Mike Sherman
Bill Callahan
Richie Incognito
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:43 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: I would take Jay back as OC

Same.

Gruden came here under the worst possible circumstances.  Rookie QB with no off season OTAs or minicamps due to the NFL players strike.  Still improved the offense enough to make playoffs.

By his third season we had the #6 scoring offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 11:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need to make an exhaustive list of friends and family of current Bengals coaches to improve this thing. I'll start:

Mike Sherman
Bill Callahan
Richie Incognito

So in your opinion who is the best OC available?

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same.

Gruden came here under the worst possible circumstances.  Rookie QB with no off season OTAs or minicamps due to the NFL players strike.  Still improved the offense enough to make playoffs.

By his third season we had the #6 scoring offense.

Beat me to it, Fred.

I would take Jay back in a heartbeat. I’ll admit, I’m not a fan of him as a head coach. People will say that he was hampered by the second worst owner in sports history, and there is certainly some truth to that. But I believe Jay’s niche is as an OC.

Get this done, please.
Reply/Quote
They generally don't fire the entire staff with the HC. However, the interim head coach almost never gets the permanent job in the NFL so he can join the team next season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So in your opinion who is the best OC available?

Based on past track records in Cincinnati I have to say Hue Jackson but if memory serves he was only the offensive coordinator in 2014 and 2015. Jay Gruden was our offensive coordinator from 2011 to 2013. Either one of those guys is better than Bill Callahan.

Even so, I would call Urban Meyer or Jim Tressel first.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Get Gruden back in here.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 11:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need to make an exhaustive list of friends and family of current Bengals coaches to improve this thing. I'll start:

Mike Sherman
Bill Callahan
Richie Incognito

Mike Sherman and Callahan would be great.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 12:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Based on past track records in Cincinnati I have to say Hue Jackson but if memory serves he was only the offensive coordinator in 2014 and 2015. Jay Gruden was our offensive coordinator from 2011 to 2013.  Either one of those guys is better than Bill Callahan.  

Even so, I would call Urban Meyer or Jim Tressel first.

I don't see this being the NFL Job that gets Urban Meyer to the NFL.

Tressell is 66 years old. I think his time has passed.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't see this being the NFL Job that gets Urban Meyer to the NFL.

Tressell is 66 years old. I think his time has passed.

So who, in your opinion, is the best OC available?
Reply/Quote
oh man i thought JON gruden was fired.
Reply/Quote

Mike Sherman
Bill Callahan
Richie Incognito

(10-07-2019, 01:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Mike Sherman and Callahan would be great.  

I never really understood why we didn't bring Sherman onto the coaching staff this past offseason. Especially since we didn't go with Jack Del Rio at DC or bring another veteran coach to help Taylor. I get it he's family and maybe Taylor doesn't want his father-in-law to be this close or something, but still. You gotta think a veteran former HC, might have made a huge difference in how we started this season. Then again, a big part of our issues are lack of talent, so maybe things would not be any different.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I imagine Callahan will be here next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: oh man i thought JON gruden was fired.

Isn’t he making like $10 mil/yr for 10 years? Nobody will ever be able to afford firing him lol can you imagine getting paid $10/yr to sit at home? Hell if I were him I’d be hoping they fired me lol
Reply/Quote
Jay was McVay’s HC and is familiar with a lot of our players and most importantly mike brown. Not out of the question that he could be back if he wants to. I’m all for it
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 02:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I never really understood why we didn't bring Sherman onto the coaching staff this past offseason. Especially since we didn't go with Jack Del Rio at DC or bring another veteran coach to help Taylor. I get it he's family and maybe Taylor doesn't want his father-in-law to be this close or something, but still. You gotta think a veteran former HC, might have made a huge difference in how we started this season. Then again, a big part of our issues are lack of talent, so maybe things would not be any different.

I think they should now fire Sweet Lou and bring in JDR, if for anything, the appearance that they are trying to improve this team...Fire Turner as well...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote