Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No Blocking & Tackling Mike & Marvin Creation
(09-16-2019, 04:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's a lot of truth in what you're saying. IF Aaron Rodgers was drafted by the Bengals, he probably doesn't develop into the perennial Pro Bowl QB he is today.

Only rare QB's succeed with lack of talent around them. I'd say Roethlisberger did well behind a bad line for years.

Completely disagree.  Pig Ben had a good line and an excellent rushing attack.  He held on to the ball WAY too long and slid around and made plays off-script.  That is also how he got a lot of injuries which allowed him to polish up his Drama Queen Tiara.  Thumbgate (I and II), the 104 temperature, etc.  So many chances for the pig to leave a game and come back to "what a warrior!".  Puke.  He also had some legendary defenses on the other side of the ball.  

The only QB in the modern era that comes to mind succeeding behind a truly bad offensive line is Russell Wilson, and his success is greatly reduced compared to when he had a good line.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:39 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: This... Every discussion on here turns into an Andy debate. Nobody would excel behind this bunch of misfits, let alone a rookie QB. This problem has to be solved. I want to say once and for all but we know better than that. I wrote in the game day thread where it's like the problem that can't be solved no matter how much they put into it. An OL failure groundhog day. High draft picks (Jonah & Price hopefully will turn into productive players), but Ogbuehi & Fisher were epic failures that we still haven't recovered from. The Glenn signing hasn't really worked out yet. 

This has to be fixed in order to ever succeed. 

And I hate to say it, but to me there is no way you sign Green over getting a haul of picks (and more free money) to get more line help via the draft and LB help via Free Agency.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis also had this team 4-0 last season when healthy. There’s a reason why Zac Taylor was canned from the Bearcats, let’s not kid ourselves
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:51 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I agree with the trenches approach but Taylor needs to get his guy at QB and I don't think Dalton is his guy for the future.  

Andy is as mediocre as Marvin was. They were the perfect tandem.   The reason for the good vs the bad years with these two is/was based on 2 factors. 1. The quality of the players (talent).  and 2. The quality of the coaches ( D & O).

Right now the quality of the players is bad. Slow & old.

The new coaches are throwing in new schemes so that appears to be better and still TBD with 2 games. No adjustments & hardly any pts. in the 2nd half to the hawks & niners is alarming. VERY ALARMING.
Reply/Quote