Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper
(10-11-2015, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I had no idea you changed your username to yourself. 

"I know you are but what am I", eh? You've officially reached the bottom of the barrel. You shoulda just stuck with your teen dancing pics and called it a night.
(10-11-2015, 12:05 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I'm thinking you've embarrassed yourself enough, too.
I'm thinking you project a lot.
(10-10-2015, 11:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, they are high school aged kids dancing. So you're OK with it happening at a High School dance?

Yup. Like I said, as long as they are safe and nothing is going farther than dancing. I guarantee you they are doing much more explicit stuff on other nights when parents and teachers aren't around. Like I said, the older generation has always thought the younger generation's dancing was obscene compared to what they did/experienced.
(10-10-2015, 11:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's not about the 1950's.   It's about a standard of respect of decency.   I had to go to these dances when I was teaching and they do cross a lot of lines.   Every girl deserves to feel like a princess and every boy deserves the opportunity to dance with a princess.   That's the point of these dances.   To expose children to finer things.    To make them wear a big dress and a tux.    It's almost a crash course in finishing school:   Showing them a proper date, opening doors, nice restaurant,   These are critical in showing a girl what to expect from a gentleman.  

Is it 1950's thinking to expect out young men to be gentlemen?   And our young girls to be ladies?   Why don't they deserve to be exposed to this treatment?

Those dances are called proms or formals, and they are still occurring right now. And guess what, the kids usually do dance a little less provocatively at those dances. I'm sure you can still find pics or videos to post of kids grinding at those events too, but having chaperoned them, and depending on the school, there is less of the outright grinding at them. But then there are just regular school dances, like those thrown by the student council as fund raisers and such. Those are the events where you will see much more of the type of dancing that so offends you.
A question for all my "open-minded" friends. 
Is there an age limit you would put on your condoning this type of "dancing" at a school function?
Would you be OK with coming into your daughter's Elementary school dance and see a sixth grader grinding on your 2nd grade daughter and the school faculty nodding in approval?
No one is being "harmed" and all they are doing is dancing.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
As a guy who can't dance...

The whole concept of dancing as part of mate selection should've been gone when we invented the wheel. I wonder how much lower the average IQ is just because of dancing in general. A guy can't do long division and a girl can't conjugate a verb, but they have a few drinks in the bar and both dance fairly well together so they end up creating a kid that can dance but has the intelligence potential of a peanut.

Stop dancing. Outlaw clubs. Make everyone go to math bars where you have to solve an equation to get a beer.

Can't figure out 200+67-2(10n)? Then no Yuengling for you. Want a Jack and Coke? Then write a brief summary on what is entropy.
(10-11-2015, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: A question for all my "open-minded" friends. 
Is there an age limit you would put on your condoning this type of "dancing" at a school function?
Would you be OK with coming into your daughter's Elementary school dance and see a sixth grader grinding on your 2nd grade daughter and the school faculty nodding in approval?

Terrible analogy....besides the fact that they don't have elementary school dances. We're talking high school teenagers here, and their dancing style, which you are now attempting to equate to somebody grinding on your second grade daughter? C'mon man.
(10-10-2015, 11:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's funny you should say that since my argument is basically that it is borderline insane for a country full of adults who made a dating site designed to facilitate secretly cheating on your spouse into a gigantic hit to take teenagers to task about being disrespectful in regards to sexuality.

That's equally disgusting as well. But they are adults . These are children.
(10-11-2015, 12:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, teach them that dating is all about money.

A boy from a hard working family that can not afford a tux and a nice resaurant is not worth dating.

And a girl who can not afford a dress like a princess is worthless.

Got to teach them young.

Yeah because we all know there is no way to find a nice dress or tux on the cheap...

Stop being absurd there is no pay wall for these dances. I grew up in a "working class" family yet somehow was able to rent a tux and take my date to dinner . Was it an insanely nice place ..... No.... But it's about letting girl be the center of attention.
(10-10-2015, 11:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What exactly are the consequences of grinding at a high school dance.

How about its highly inappropriate and sexual in nature. Something a school shouldn't be promoting at a school function .
(10-11-2015, 01:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's equally disgusting as well.   But they are adults .  These are children.

Really?  It's equally as disgusting for married adults to cheat on their spouses and wise adults to turn it into systematic capitalistic gain via facilitation as it is for a 16 year old boy to thrust his crotch at his girlfriend at a dance?  Are you serious?

Our society has serious issues with the bizarre "sex is bad" vs "sex is used to sell everything" dynamic and stuff like this is nothing more than a symptom of that nonsense.  
(10-11-2015, 01:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Really?  It's equally as disgusting for married adults to cheat on their spouses and wise adults to turn it into systematic capitalistic gain via facilitation as it is for a 16 year old boy to thrust his crotch at his girlfriend at a dance?  Are you serious?

Our society has serious issues with the bizarre "sex is bad" vs "sex is used to sell everything" dynamic and stuff like this is nothing more than a symptom of that nonsense.  

Well we can't regulate an adult's personal life. But we can darn sure watch the p's and q's of children especially while at these type functions . It's odd that you me upset about Ashely Madison but ok that kids are looking like a bad rap video .

Adults are free to ruin their own lives.... Do I wish we could magically make sins disappear.... Yes. But these people made their choices.

The children at school events have not learned right from wrong in all aspects . Not Enough to respect themselves at least. This is why it's appropriate to step in now.
(10-11-2015, 12:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: Terrible analogy....besides the fact that they don't have elementary school dances. We're talking high school teenagers here, and their dancing style, which you are now attempting to equate to somebody grinding on your second grade daughter? C'mon man.

Sure they have elementary school dances. 

So do you put an age limit on it or not?

I mean nobody is getting hurt.

(10-11-2015, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: A question for all my "open-minded" friends. 

You have some very sick interesting thoughts in your head.

However, since you asked:  I have never, ever, ever, seen a dance where second graders were there with six graders.  Or fifth graders. Or fourth graders.

If there was an older child acting inappropriately with a younger child there would / should be repercussions.

Maybe its hard to see from where up there on the high horse?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-11-2015, 06:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: You have some very sick interesting thoughts in your head.

However, since you asked:  I have never, ever, ever, seen a dance where second graders were there with six graders.  Or fifth graders. Or fourth graders.

If there was an older child acting inappropriately with a younger child there would / should be repercussions.

Maybe its hard to see from where up there on the high horse?
So you think a Senior should not grind on a Freshman?

I don't see how thinking a High School has every right to ban such dancing places me on a "high horse"

(10-11-2015, 06:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you think a Senior should not grind on a Freshman?

I don't see how thinking a High School has every right to ban such dancing places me on a "high horse"

First off the high horse comes from you suggesting / saying that you are the sole voice against it.

Secondly, If an 18 year old is "girding" (as you say) on a 13 year old that would seem wrong to me.  So I'm not sure why you thought I thought that was OK.

Lastly the age of the dancers is important.  An 18 year old with a 13 year old is much worse than a 17 and 16 year old.  Developmentally and socially.
(10-11-2015, 06:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: First off the high horse comes from you suggesting / saying that you are the sole voice against it.

Secondly, If an 18 year old is "girding" (as you say) on a 13 year old that would seem wrong to me.  So I'm not sure why you thought I thought that was OK.

Lastly the age of the dancers is important.  An 18 year old with a 13 year old is much worse than a 17 and 16 year old.  Developmentally and socially.
It's actually quite simple. Do you agree or disagree with the school's decision?

While there will be rebellion, there should be no grinding on taxpayer funded property.
Steps are taken to not offend religious groups by certain displays on government property, so this should be no different.

On my own personal level.....
I believe if they are over the state's age of consent, then it is something that they can do elsewhere without reprisal.
(10-11-2015, 01:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How about its highly inappropriate and sexual in nature.   Something a school shouldn't be promoting at a school function .

Again, the exact same thing was said about Elvis in the 50's.
(10-11-2015, 07:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's actually quite simple. Do you agree or disagree with the school's decision?

That's the third question you've asked so far.

If you wanted to know that why didn't you ask that instead of creating a fantasy scenario that never happened anywhere?